[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: games only you played

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

ITT: games only you played
>>
>>386152345
i only had a demo of it, but god damn was it fun.
>>
>>386152345
Was that one the third person shooter Small Soldiers game that took place in Argon, or the RTS one?

Because I feel like everyone played all the Small Soldiers games.
>>
File: Small_Soldiers.png (238KB, 640x344px) Image search: [Google]
Small_Soldiers.png
238KB, 640x344px
CAN I CRUSH GORGONYTE SCUM IN THAT GAME SOLDIER?
>>
>>386152527
that's the third person shooter and it's great.
>>
>>386152345
Shit, I think I still have my copy of that
>>
Not only did I play it, but when I was a kid, I learned how to glitch outside of the game's boundaries. You could try to climb a ledge with judge the right height (and do I forget what else) and fall behind a wall while still being able to shoot through it. I only did it to play against my dad to give me an edge over him, and he always thought it was neat how I was able to manipulate the game like that at my age.

Ever since then, I've still kept up on breaking games and finding exploits, glitches and secrets in every title I've touched.

I still have my Chip Hazard, Archer, LEADER OF THE GORGONITES and Freak action figures. Fuck me did I love that movie.
>>
Small Soldiers and Croc were the first PS1 games I got one Christmas. Both dated and in retrospect far from great, but they did have absolutely stunning soundtracks.

Small Soldiers in particular was scored by Michael Giacchino, and was one of the very first games to feature real live orchestration;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4D_oOoQMcA

Imagine loading a game for the first time and that being the very first piece of music you hear, blew my fucking 6yr old mind
>>
>>386153536
I used to play split-screen with my dad and younger brother, shit was so much fun. I'll never forget the mad scramble for the chicken walker or turret that raped on impact

I lost my Chip Hazard years ago and am raging since, it was the more expensive voice command one too. All I have left are some of the Commando Micro Machines they put out at the time
>>
File: IMG_0028.jpg (242KB, 575x383px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0028.jpg
242KB, 575x383px
>>386152345
Did you have them?
>>
File: devastation.jpg (112KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
devastation.jpg
112KB, 640x908px
>>
I'm surprised how short the Small Soldiers thing was, no sequel or anything. Just a few games and toys after the movie release.

It could have been a good IP.

Also Squad Command was the shit.
>>
>>386154574
A sequel was actually considered. I don't think it was ever announced officially but I spoke to a guy who was hired as a character designer on it, so it definitely existed in some form at some stage in the 90s.
>>
>>386154574
i kinda liked how it was a bait and switch at least in the uk advertising implied it was the soldiers were the main heros.

wish games did that more in a positive way rather than just try and appease everyone politically.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K5Wb9lzcNc
>>
>>386154175
no I had the soldiers not the fucking rejects
>>
File: Brick_Bazooka.png (104KB, 470x250px) Image search: [Google]
Brick_Bazooka.png
104KB, 470x250px
>>386154175
Brick is best toy
>>
>>
File: 2323.png (760KB, 1076x773px) Image search: [Google]
2323.png
760KB, 1076x773px
>>386155260
I'm afraid it's a tie between these two
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.