[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honestly, this game had the worst enemy and level design. This

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: ds3_6.58.jpg (201KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ds3_6.58.jpg
201KB, 1920x1080px
Honestly, this game had the worst enemy and level design.
This level in particular is complete trash.
>>
>>386137203
But that area isn't even the Cathedral. It's literally an alter room outside of the Cathedral. Same with Blighttown. The wooden platforms leading down to blighttown should've been called something different.
>>
But dude it had locked doors that formed shortcuts when you opened them from the other side
>>
>>386137472
>The wooden platforms leading down to blighttown should've been called something different.

But that's literally Blighttown. There's jack shit at the bottom.
>>
>>386137203
yeah it was pretty boring
everything aside from lothric castle and the library were boring
>>
>mommy I got killed by the big ogre hands xP Stupid devs!!

Git gud senpai
>>
>>386137710
yeah dude I liked fighting the same two enemies over and over again with double health and doing twice as much damage to me.
>>
>>386137472
Blighttown is a cool and challenging area that uses vertical movement well.
>>
I disagree
>>
>>386137901
at least they're fun to fight
>>
>>386137720
Not even the ogres. You can just sorcery spam them to death. The enemies that suck on this level are all the fucking thieves and those faggots with double scimitars that can hone in on an attack from a mile away. The level just spams these two enemies over and over again to the point where it's simply not even fun to fight them.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (143KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
143KB, 1280x720px
Someone explain to me how this is anything other than one of the absolute worst areas in Souls.

>looks like shit visually
>zero unique enemies
>the underground area is literally made from fucking chalice dungeon assets and is essentially a featureless maze
>turning off the balista is a complete waste of time because it takes ages to reach it while it's piss easy to simply sprint straight to the bonfire near the area boss
>boss is a pushover and looks exactly the same as the enemy you have to fight to gain entry to Smouldering Lake to begin with
>giant worm looks cool from a distance until you get close and realise how easy it is to avoid
>>
>>386138165
I dont think anyone defends this area anon
>>
DS3 had shit world design but great individual level design (for the most part). The Cathedral and the Archives in particular were good because they didn't throw bonfires at you and instead just had you open up multiple shortcuts back to the same one. And the Archives was topped off with one of the best bosses in the game.
>>
>>386138260
it's literally just three shortcuts
I don't see why anyone thinks this level is some return to the shortcut days of DaS1
>>
>>386138165
>zero unique enemies
But that's wrong and it's one of the most annoying enemies in the game.
>>
>>386138401
>it's literally just three shortcuts
How is that an argument? Is three too many? Not enough? I don't understand what you're implying here.
>>
>>386137642
But the swamp is what should be Blighttown. Blight literally means plague.
>>
>>386138469
Yeah, pretty sure you don't find that pyromancer thing anywhere else in the game.
>>
>>386138165
what about that bitch with the staff that shoots out fireballs that shoot fireballs?
>>
File: nice try.webm (2MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
nice try.webm
2MB, 853x480px
>>386137924
seconded
>>
>>386137203
The game is front-loaded with all the worst areas. It's like a reverse DS1 and makes it extremely grating to replay.
>>
>>386138260
>DS3 had shit world design but great individual level design

People really need to drop this meme. It's overall world design was shit but so was the individual level design.
Almost every level in DaS3 is an inferior version of a pre-existing level in other Souls games.
>>
>>386138582
[yodels demonically]
>>
>>386137203
>All those enemies that reappear throughout the game
>Those flimsy wooden doors blocking your shortcuts with the final one leading past a ledge that you could conceivably climb up
>Those terrible maggot monsters that convulse when you set them on fire but you have to time lighting them up for some reason because they don't react to fire again until they stop convulsing
>The fact that the torch instantly removes maggots but apparently doesn't scare any of these monsters made entirely out of maggots
>The Pursuer's shield for no reason
>That awful linear approach to the cathedral once you get out of the graveyard
>The curse monster that drops down from the ceiling in a room that doesn't appear to actually have a visible ceiling iirc
>Patches lowers a bridge but the lever to do so isn't even on the side of the bridge he is on
>The giants that don't respond to Stormruler's charge attack at all
>The placement of shortcuts combined with when Siegward spawns just means that you won't ever trigger his voice lines without knowing about him
>Those awful Anor Londo reference rafters with the knights that will just walk off if you lead them in circles for long enough
>>
>>386138149
the big jumping axe guys are fun.. fighting mobs of hollowed warrior zombies is kinda fun.. the winged knights are sorta cool, kinda. the last several levels in the game just aren't super compelling.
>>
>>386138784
>nuh-uh!
Gee, I never thought about it that way.
>>
>>386139120
Not an argument.
>>
>>386139257
>Not an argument
Not an argument.
>>
>>386138784
I'd make an argument for the grand archives but that aside i agree. The catacomb, swamp and lava levels especially dropped the ball hard and they're right next to each other.
>>
File: 20160413162729_1.jpg (406KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160413162729_1.jpg
406KB, 1920x1080px
>>386138875
>The curse monster that drops down from the ceiling in a room that doesn't appear to actually have a visible ceiling iirc

DaS3 was awful for this. So many rooms simply have a sort of black void above them.

>>386139552
Grand Archives was better than DaS1 Archives but inferior to BB's Research Hall.
>>
>>386138578
a swamp isn't a town anon
>>
>>386139769
The Research Hall is probably my favorite area in Bloodborne.
>>
>>386139992
I like Old Yharnam.
>>
>>386139120
He's got a point. While DaS1 is still in its going strong phase it beats most of the levels in 3 hands down and can still offer decent competition for a lot of levels in 3 with the more mediocre Tomb of Giants and Archives levels (though Lost Izalith is still pretty fucked). And when measuring up levels from 3 up against 1 the instances of painfully scripted sequences where you can almost feel walking past a scripted trigger (especially since it likes to reset them every time for shit like enemies going out on patrol) is a fair bit worse in 3.
Even 2 displays some ability to be interesting sometimes even though a lot of the level design is obviously "you didn't even try" tier. The closest 3 really gets to that same level of miscellaneous bullshit is when you don't kill crocodog and it kind of hops down off the bridge later.
>>
>>386140192
>DaS1 and DaS2 world design and level design are decent or even good
Someone really need to drop this meme
>>
>>386140548
Alright then why are the levels in DaS1 and the isolated good levels in DaS2 bad and why are the levels in DaS3 good?
>>
>>386138165
not to mention there's like no reason to even go there after your first playthrough unless you're doing the lord of hollows storyline
it's just a gigantic waste of time
>>
>>386138165
>The giant worm that does nothing but repeat the same moves. Doesn't even turn to face you when you're past it.
>The unmanned automatic ballista?

>>386140862
I think Anri moves on regardless.
It's mildly annoying to me that Anri makes a huge point about leaving sparkling stones for Horace when they get separated but when the game puts you in a location where you can drop sparkling stones down to Horace they do nothing.
>>
>>386137203
After being unable to play DaS3 for quite some time, I finally started playing it yesterday. I just beat the Abyss Watchers. Here's what I've noticed so far:

>Every fucking enemy is a giant zombie and/or humanoid, save for some crabs.
>Every fucking enemy swings around like a retarded child in an effort to compensate for hilariously bad AI.
>Everything does absurd damage, again to compensate for AI.
>Every boss, except cursed Cursed Oak, is the same. They just flail like idiots and then you run up and hit them. Repeat.
>Every single area is hideous and looks like it was designed by a child who wanted to emulate Gears of War's color pallet. The same fucking candles are randomly placed everywhere. Random tombstones and graves everywhere for no reason:
>>Grey Castle -> Grey Hobo Town -> Grey Path of Puke Green -> Shit Brown & Green Swamp -> Shit Brown Swamp -> Brown and Grey Crypts.
>Despite the combat being far faster than previous entries, combat is less intense and is largely just a roll-fest.
>All of the NPCs are either references to DaS1 and/or they're completely bland and have 1-2 lines of exposition about nothing.
>The fire keeper talks too fucking much.
>Nothing drops souls worth a damn, even bosses.
>All of the boss weapons, save for Lucatiel's sword, blow dick so far.
>The story is somehow more non-existent then DaS2's. It's literally "Go find the Lords of Cinder", with nothing else.

So far it feels like I wasted money on this.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.