[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Local Co-op Shooters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (197KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
197KB, 1600x1200px
Anons, why have there been no good local Co-op shooters released recently? It seems like the splitcreen genre has died down recently. I want nothing more than to throw back some beers and shoot up some people online with my friends. Like back in the good ol' days
>>
Bump for the online treasure that was halo 3
>>
>>386136885
Cause of graphical downgrades that come with rendering 2 separate games at once. Halo 5 or 4 (can't remember which) tried split screen but so many problems came with implementing they just dropped it entirely.
>>
>>386137734
They stated halo 6 will come with mutliplayer splitcreen however. Still have yet to see it implemented. It's a shame no other game companies have tried something similar to halo 3
>>
>>386137734
Are co-op online splitcreen shooters dead?
>>
Treyarch's Call of Dutys (Black Ops 1, 2, 3) all had campaign coop.
One of the reasons you should buy only those
>>
>>386138532
Probably. It was probably a niche market that the suits thought would be a timewaster.
>>
>graphics have been stagnate for the past 15 years
>games still can't figure out how to include Splitscreen

Why has gaming been trash since at least 2004?
>>
>>386138741
I wish CoD wasn't so twitchy, I appreciated the health bars in halo as well as other games like Gears of War. I like the idea of being able to fight back and not be killed in one or two shots
>>
File: 1491577977812.jpg (75KB, 1200x338px) Image search: [Google]
1491577977812.jpg
75KB, 1200x338px
>>386139131
>graphics have been stagnate for the past 15 years
There has been a lot of technological advancements in the last 10 alone.
>>
>>386139425
>dumb graphix that get in the way and we filter out anyway

Nobody is impressed.
>>
>>386138741
Only Black Ops 3 had co-op?
>>
local co-op and multiplayer has been MIA in major releases since about 2010

Big publishers found out they can save money by not implementing it and forcing always online to be a thing

Indie devs surprisingly are the only ones who seem to give a shit enough to put splitscreen in newer games. too bad they're overwhelmingly trash games
>>
People being too anal now about framerates and performance probably doesn't help aswell.
Look at Goldeneye back in the day, 4 WHOLE PLAYERS IN SPLITSCREEN at about 5-10 frames per second if you are lucky.
>>
>>386139889
It's a sad state of affairs we're in.
I need someone to make a tight shooter with an online system. Halo 3 can not be the end of the glory days.
Playing those custom games with 16 people in a lobby was too much fun too.
>>
>>386140218
I'd much rather have dumbed down graphics, and say a lock at 30 fps. As long as the game ran fine and the servers weren't shit. People are right though. No game developer is spending their money on this. Existence is pain
>>
>>386139864
Black Ops 3 is the only one of the ps4/xbone titles to have a coop campaign.
The rest had still had coop for online and zombies.
>>
>>386136885
gears of war 4 has splitscreen coop on the fucking PC. I don't even care if it's a mediocre game itself, it is the absolute fucking perfect package of a game that I have never ever seen before. Great performance, perfect controls, and a graphics and gameplay options menu that would make an autist cream himself
>>
>>386140926
I'm always thinking of getting it but everytime i had to download a big game from the windows store something broke in the process and had to retry a bunch of tries and restart the pc to get it moving.
>>
>>386141149
I actually did have a fucking shitload of issues with it at first; for some reason using google DNS wouldn't allow the windows store to verify purchased apps. it was a fucking nightmare. Wait for the creators update (which is supposed to be a blessing for UWP store programs) and for it to go on sale for at least 40% off
>>
>>386136885
Wait for Halo 6.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.