[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dank Souls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: Dark_Souls_Portada.jpg (275KB, 754x960px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Portada.jpg
275KB, 754x960px
I'm about the play this meme game for the first time. Give me some tips. Also, is the knight a good class for a new player? I like big guys
>>
>>386134863
Starting class has no effect on how the game plays.
>>
>>386135105
also avoid guides for your first playthrough
>>
can you stream it
>>
>>386134863
Knight or warrior if you like big guys. Don't level dex or res.
>>
Knight or Warrior is fine. Warrior is a bit more mobile and can use more weapons to start with, Knight is a bit tankier and has an easier time of picking up miracles for healing. But don't let class bind you, you can build in any direction you like.

Blocking is very good, but your stamina regenerates slower while you're doing it.

Dodge rolling is very very good, but you need to have low equipment load to get the most out of it.

Don't level resistance, it LITERALLY does nothing.

If you want to do multiplayer, you need to burn a humanity at a bonfire to reverse your hollowing. But this will also make you vulnerable to invasion so watch out.
>>
File: 1501638963740.jpg (116KB, 900x623px) Image search: [Google]
1501638963740.jpg
116KB, 900x623px
If you think it's too hard, try another path.

There is almost always a solution to a problem if you're having trouble facing things head-on.
>>
>>386134863
Take your time and learn from your mistakes. Just sit back and enjoy the game.
>>
>>386134863
Pick master key as starting item if you want nice shortcuts. Trade off is that it is fairly easy to get lost.
>>
>>386135330
>Don't level resistance, it LITERALLY does nothing.

Does it apply for DS2 Sotfs and DS3?
>>
Go knight, for weapons pick up either the zwei, claymore or great scythe, as they're the best weapons in the game and can all be grabbed relatively early.

Put an elemental infusion on your weapon when you get to the giant blacksmith so you can stat dump into health/stamina and not have to worry about strength or dex.

Enjoy the god mode. The game is pretty easy once you figure out backstabs/parrying, and learning not to fall off ledges.
>>
>>386135502

Resistance isn't in any of the other games, so no
>>
>>386135558
How worth it is it to invest in a magic build?
>>
>>386134863
don't look anything up OP.
avoid wikis like the plague.
Don't look for any walkthrough shit.
DON'T TRIVIALIZE THE GAME, GETTING FUCKED IS PART OF THE EXPERIENCE.
If you're mad, take a break and think.
don't be greedy on bosses.
kill the dogs first.

this is the greatest game ever made OP, many people would do anything to be on your spot today, don't fuck it up.
>>
>>386135636
Magic builds are game-breaking powerful but not nearly as fun as melee builds. The route to find the best magic is also obscure and tedious. I'd go for one on a 2nd playthrough.
>>
>>386135636

in DS1? 50 INT sorcerer is one of the strongest PvE builds in the game, almost nothing can stand up to dark bead/CSS spam.
>>
>>386134863
Take your time and observe. Learn how your equipment load works, too much stuff makes your roll pathetic.
>>
>>386135741
No I'm a different anon, I only have scholars and DS3.
>>
>>386135549
t. scrub
>>
>>386135848

In DS2 I'd recommend going INT/FTH which will give you access to all four types of non-physical damage from quite early on. Sorcery isn't nearly as strong as in the first game though there are some good spells. You need physical damage of some kind for the DLC zones though.

in DS3 a 60 INT sorcerer isn't bad, but it takes a long time to get there and it's pretty uphill battle till you do.
>>
>>386134863

don't pick thief as your first character
don't pick master key as your first gift
don't pick knight and rely on your heavy armor because you'll get fucked by bosses since you move so slow
>>
File: 1498030029318.png (1MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1498030029318.png
1MB, 1200x1200px
>>386134863
Don't level dex
>>
>>386134863
get out. do it blind you faggot.
>>
>>386134863
Pyromancer is best

Warrior is scrub tier
>>
>>386136221
EPIC MEME XD
PRAISE THE SUN :D
>>
>>386135880
Care to elaborate? I just beat NG+ at sl60, not sure how that makes me a scrub for realizing the best way to optimize a build.
>>
Strength builds are easier but less rewarding than dex builds. Magic isn't fun at all. If you point out any of its numerous experience diminishing bugs like the clipping of bosses then people will get mad at you.
>>
>Sorcerer as starting class
Is this a bad idea?
>>
>>386136694
No thats fine. Starting class has almost 0 impact on the game.

I would reccommend a non caster build for your first playthrough though.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.