[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is this gta so populair?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1090.jpg (935KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1090.jpg
935KB, 1920x1200px
why is this gta so populair?
>>
best aesthetic, best atmosphere, best soundtrack
>>
I prefer San Andreas, but both are really fun and great games. Also, what >>386129559 said.
>>
Pop culture satire that teens and adults pick up on, violence and mayhem that kids and teens love, lots of freedom and room for messing around in a big playground with lots of toys which appeals to most everyone who like violent games and haven't grown too cynical to have fun with that.

Essentially it combines a lot of things that several demographics really enjoy. There's plenty for adults, teens and kids to have fun with in GTA, and its pseudo controversial nature makes it a talking point, especially with younger players, causing a ripple effect with more of them picking up the game everyone's talking about.
>>
DUDE 80S LMAO
DUDE DRUGS
DUDE MIAMI!!!!! LMAO
>>
>>386129656
Shit, just as I hit reply I realised you're asking VC in particular.

80's fanboyism, the style, aesthetic, music, it's all perfectly on point, I think that is the biggest selling point.
>>
>>386129706
are you okay?
>>
I LIVE AMONG THE CREATURES OF THE NIGHT
>>
im playing vice city rightnow and its not as great as alot of people say
>>
>>386129482
It appeals to kids with muh edgy humor
>>
>>386129827
well if you haven't played it back in 2002, you can't fully appreciate it.
>>
File: bojackfire.jpg (147KB, 1621x915px) Image search: [Google]
bojackfire.jpg
147KB, 1621x915px
>Vice City's release is nearly equidistant between today and the year it was set in.

Why does the gap between 1986 and 2002 feel huge but 2002 feels like yesterday?
>>
Is Cocaine Cowboys good?
>>
>>386129482
im playing through vcs rn and the map seems a lot more bland in terms of a city its just 2 straight lines compared to LC twisting and turning roads.
>>
>>386129482
First GTA for shit ton of people. Definitely refined and polished compared to GTA 3.

Good music.

motorcycles
>>
GTA 3 was pretty ground breaking and since then the series hasn't really dipped in quality. Rockstar don't constantly push out new titles, which means franchise fatigue never sets in, and the games seem to be consistently enjoyed by fans of the series, so the excitement and interest doesn't waver.
>>
>>386129865
>edgy humow
Not here sunshine
>>
>>386129865
>not liking edgy humor
get out reddit
>>
Muh vaporwave game
>>
>>386129482
Lance Vance Dance
>>
>>386130270
Both are in the 20xx years
>>
>>386130270
I'm going to guess you were born between 1986 and 2002.

It's because when you are 1 years old, a year is 100% of your perceived life.

When you are 2, a year is 50% of your perceived life.

When you are 8, a year is 1/8 of your perceived life.

When you are 30, a year is 1/30 of your perceived life.
>>
>>386129482
Nostalgia
>>
>>386130303
Yes. Avoid the sequel. https://youtu.be/97OsxAp-VsU
>>
>>386132250
Heel Yeah.
>>
It's edgy and humorous. While not taking itself too serious. At the time it was every boys dream. Freedom, violent and power.
>>
>>386129827
pls die
>>
>>386129559
This. Just couldn't get into San Andreas at all, while it was a better game mechanically I didn't find its world appealing at all.
>>
NO WAY TO CONTROL IT FULLY AUTOMATIC
>>
File: vice city nice bike.webm (3MB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
vice city nice bike.webm
3MB, 600x336px
>>
File: Vice City (2).webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Vice City (2).webm
3MB, 960x540px
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.