[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alien Isolation VR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: AlienIsolation.jpg (426KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
AlienIsolation.jpg
426KB, 1920x1200px
No bullshit, this alone has justified my Oculus Rift purchase. You're basically in an Alien movie (and a damn good one, to boot).
>>
>>386128129
Good for you kid
>>
Thanks to Cuckey Palmer, I wouldn't buy an Oculus Rift if it cost $20 and cured cancer.

Does A:I also work with the Vive?
>>
>>386129648
Not yet. The guy said that he was focusing on Oculus for the time being, and then adding Vive support.
>>
i'm not touching it until they have camera isolated from the body (e.x. sublevel zero style "mech camera" that lets you move your head while keeping your gun forward)
>>
>>386129927
Fair enough, don't have a Vive yet anyway but plan on getting it before end of the year. Thanks m8.
>>
>>386129927
I played A:I on Oculus Devkit 2 and the gameplay itself supports the system perfectly. It just doesn't have 3d rendered menus or crosshairs, and the main menu is offset from the player's initial view about 1m up and 1m right at a 90° angle.
>>
>>386129957
If I recall correctly that's how the game works. The gameplay is identical to the regular game, your head just moves according to the headset. Not your weapon. You can't rely on the crosshair for shooting though because it's part of the 2d UI which is not correctly rendered in VR.
>>
>>386130208
I'm guessing the guy making the mod is really trying to go all in with this, and do a lot of retooling of the game for VR. Even adding motion controller support down the line. What's out right now of this mod is just an early alpha, that he just put out there so people would stop bugging him about it. What's there so far works great.
>>
File: 1501179781785.png (260KB, 540x1052px) Image search: [Google]
1501179781785.png
260KB, 540x1052px
>>386128129
Just woke up OP, is it a separate game or is it part of the original game with the mode added on?

Either way I gotta get it then
>>
>>386130208
The fact that it's a FPS game that "supports" VR makes it so good because most games that are built with VR in mind lack so much in every other faction.
>>
>>386130432
>>386131417
From what I've heard when Carmack joined Facebook the first thing he did with the Oculus was to convert all of the interface of Quake 2 to support VR rendering by making the hud stereoscopic and the crosshair an actual 3d object in the game world like a laser sight. It's really easy with Quake 2 because the game basically has no 2d sprites. Even the explosions are 3d meshes.
>>
>>386130363
might give it a spin then, would be even better if it were room scale but I know that's probably impossible unless A:I has doom-3 level of mod-ability
>>
>>386131717
As I said I'm not sure. It was 2 year ago and I don't have access to the devkit anymore. I only tried it briefly after convincing my boss it was for research purposes. Which it actually was.

TF2 had both options. Head aiming and mouse aiming with head rotation. I remember the head aiming being total garbage and the only VR thing that has ever disoriented me.
>>
>>386128129

OK, /v/, try to keep speging out to a minimum. Which is the better investment: oculus or vive? KEEP IN MIND I know VR is a meme and they are two sides of a coin made of shit.
>>
well it helps that it was a great game with a great visual asthetic and was one of the few games ever to properly use chromatic abberation, to make it feel and look like the movie from the 70's.

one of the FEW "movie" games, that really really tried to fully embrace the visual look and style of the original films to a T.
>>
>>386133258
The best investment is using that money and investing it somewhere else and make more money for more vidya that aren't stupid vr
But if you insist, then my bet is with oculus
>>
File: 1370175039117.jpg (53KB, 985x887px) Image search: [Google]
1370175039117.jpg
53KB, 985x887px
>order rift from their store in june
>no news on order since then except for them taking my money
>>
>>386133762

Thanks for the reply but it doesn't sound like you have either to offer much of an opinion
>>
>>386134085
Be4cause VR is fucking dumb, really.
Remember why the fucking virtual boy failed? you still have those same problems, sweat in the visor, headaches, disorientation, you are also more likely to have an accident wearing that shit because you are so immersed that if somebody comes and stabs you in the back you are rekt.
So yeah, that's my opinion.
>>
>>386134320
Virtual Boy isn't even in the same ballpark as Vive/Oculus/PSVR. There wasn't even a headstrap for the stupid thing. I don't know why you people keep on bringing that up.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.