[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this shitty vidya class exist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Bard.jpg (76KB, 532x1360px) Image search: [Google]
Bard.jpg
76KB, 532x1360px
Why does this shitty vidya class exist?
>>
because it's the best and you're a faggot.
>>
Bard main here, I fucked your mom whike singing.
>>
>>386119864
Bards are better to play in PnP RPG's.

You can smooth talk your way through situations, sing for money in the Inn (code for getting a snack while the others do quest busywork), and give buffs to the party in combat.

DnD bards are bros.

But fuck them in vidya, you can't do half the shit that makes bards fun in any game without being bored shitless.
>>
>>386119864
Bard-esque classes are good in Etrian Odyssey.
>>
>>386119864
I remember seeing those niggas playing their stupid string instruments and blazing around the fields in Everquest.
>>
>>386120215
This anon nailed it. Can be the party's face and primary non-combat skill haver, and there are a whole lot of situations where a D&D bard can roll for shit on the basis of I'M A BARD I GET A ROLL. Since computer RPGs are 99% combat which is where bards suck a bag of dicks, they don't carry over well.
>>
FF3 Bard is overpowered as fuck and please do not play him.
>>
>>386119864
Someone's salty that a Bard stole his girl.
>>
>>386119864
because classic RPGs, both tabletop and cRPGs, where first and foremost about creative problem solution and roleplaying instead of just minmaxing some damage heavy archetype.

There isn't even a proper thief class in most RPGs anymore. For the same reason why there are no bards.
Because people are too fucking stupid to play them.

That includes you, you homo.
>>
>>386119864
>Be a bard in skyrimjob
>Join bardschool or whatever
>'go to thatcave and kill 100 draugr faggot'
>>
>>386120472
Why not give bards sound based attacks. Songs to confuse the enemy or put them to sleep, or something cool like those guys who fired sound blades from kung fu hustle
>>
>>386121086
they actually did that in Ultima Online
Bards had skills called peacemaking and provoke which combined where basically like a charm spell

Made those fuckers tough as nails in PvE.
Sucked in PvP tho
>>
most games don't have a way to make it good in the system

Most notable exception I can think of is Bravely Default. For those unfamiliar with the game, every turn everyone gains 1 Brave Point which allows them to do their action that turn. when you defend(or "Default") or other certain actions you can build up extra BP. You can spend BP to perform up to 4 actions in a single turn, and if you end up in negative the character just waits until they're back at even.

The bard class' final skill lets you spend that character's BP to give everyone else BP. The starter class also gains a skill that does the previous action in combat for free.
Essentially the bard was able to exploit this by using mimic three times afterwards to break even while giving the rest of the party infinite BP every turn.
>>
>>386121086
in DQ games there are usually skill sets for this. Shit like telling jokes or doing a cool dance to make the enemy laugh or get in the groove to miss their turn.
>>
>>386119864
Do you have any fucking idea how stupidly overpowered this class was in FFXI?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.