[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why i cant get over SH2, why its so perfect to this day?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9

File: silent-hill-2.jpg (47KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
silent-hill-2.jpg
47KB, 1000x562px
Why i cant get over SH2, why its so perfect to this day?
>>
>>386119498
That's cause it was made by Team Silent baybeh.
>>
File: tomm hulett.jpg (200KB, 640x384px) Image search: [Google]
tomm hulett.jpg
200KB, 640x384px
>can't buy SH2,3 or 4 digitally

Why can't Konami just sell the rights to another publisher? they clearly don't care about the franchise
>>
>>386119613
>Sell it to western faggots
>>
>>386119498
It's not really fun to play
>>
>>386119720
I don't care about sequels, but the least they could do is dump the games on Steam / GOG
>>
>>386119498
Because it really has no competition, partly because the genre isn't exactly "cool" anymore, and partly because truly few western devs have the patience, insight or even balls to craft something as deep, layered, subtle and powerful as this.

However, as much as I worship SH2, it ain't "perfect". As a horror game, it is quite lame, easily getting dwarfed by its prequel and first sequel. I'd also criticize the pacing a bit, though that may or may not even become apparent on the first run. As much as some folks dare to claim SH1 to be "outdated" and shit, it really is the superior and scarier game, and 2 has more in common with it than people tend to want to admit.

>>386119613
>they clearly don't care about the franchise
They never have.
They literally considered TS to consist of their "B-grade artists and coders", and originally just wanted them to make a mere RE clone to compete on then-ongoing horror boom. It was thanks to TS' quiet rebellion that we got the SH games we now know and love.

Everyone also raves about KojimaPro's sad fate now, while TS went through the same hell already over a decade ago. You can imagine how all of this history has felt for someone who's been a big fan of both series.

>>386119865
Clearly too much work, and prolly would make them go through the SH HD Collection controversies again, which they try to avoid.
Not to mention the Konami's whole attempt to steer away from video games for good.
>>
File: 210e134cf35d6.gif (430KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
210e134cf35d6.gif
430KB, 245x180px
>>386119613
>that pic
DAFUQ
>>
File: SH PC Guide 3-2017 update_2.png (2MB, 1300x4835px) Image search: [Google]
SH PC Guide 3-2017 update_2.png
2MB, 1300x4835px
>>386119865
>but the least they could do is dump the games on Steam / GOG
I would not be surprised if they'd lack the original PC ports' files by now as well. It's a typical, old Japanese practice to ditch finished projects' stuff away later on.

But thanks to Konami being bunch of dicks who don't care about the SH series, we can more proudly spread around the DL links + this SH PC Guide:

SH1 NTSC DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

SH3 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" is a all-in-one fix, that works as a no-cd crack as well. It is included in the pack.
If you use the NEW fix mentioned in the guide, you can use the sh2proxy's EXE as the no-cd crack!

In case you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.
If SH2 gets stuck in a black screen upon launch, close it and re-start it again.

SH2-4 do not support Xinput gamepads. Either use Xpadder, a DirectInput pad, or just play with KB+M.
You can now see some decent emulator settings for SH1 as well in the guide. If the image of the game does NOT fill your entire screen in fullscreen mode, check your plugin AND GPU control panel's image scaling settings!
Also give the new PGXP emulator a shot for a lot less wobbly PS1 graphics.

>>386119613
>that disgusted hate and suffering in Guy's face
he'd rather be anywhere else
>>
File: angela knife silent hill 2.png (1MB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
angela knife silent hill 2.png
1MB, 1200x720px
>>386120483
>I would not be surprised if they'd lack the original PC ports' files by now as well

They could just straight up rip a retail DVD, dump it on Steam and call it a day, it's not like most older games get any special treatment on there.

and I mean literally copy / paste, no BluePoint meme magic required
>>
>>386120336
>few western devs have the patience, insight or even balls to craft something as deep, layered, subtle and powerful as this.
Why "western" specifically?
>>
>no heather fagging yet

what happened to the world?
>>
>>386119498

The time it was released, the soundtrack, the pacing, the story, the characters, VAs, sounds, everything was nearly perfect.

The only thing that comes close for me is Fatal Frame 2.
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 363x411px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 363x411px
>>386120920
Oh shit yeah right. Ahem:

>Harry Mason
>survived Silent Hill
>lives alone in a small flat with a beautiful 17 year old girl with freckled bare skin who HE ISN'T EVEN RELATED TO
>he never remarried
>he never met another woman
>he just lays awake at night
>staring at his ceiling
>listining through the thin walls to the beautiful girl in the next room panting and grunting as she masturbates
>this is almost every night for the last few years
>she suddenly, quite audibly, reaches orgasam.
>He never imagined his Heather could make such savage noises
>silence now
>he continues to stare at the ceiling

A BETTER MAN THAN US HARRY. F.
>>
>>386120673
They could, but they wouldn't.

Are you aware of the hoops and stupid trickery they went through to get the HD Collection released with minimum effort and extra costs? It'd be that shit all over again, and they now know that fans would not be pleased with new VAs and butchered music.

>>386120787
To be blunt, I meant "Americans".
And that is purely because of the recent history of the games and films, and their shallow depth and lack of surprises they tend to have.

I know what kind of "lol weeaboo!" replies that might spawn, but I honestly believe, that besides most western devs clearly lacking the level of insight about the SH games and their lore the original devs (and many fans) possessed, there is also a purely cultural limitations at work. SH might take place in the America, but its overall style, feel and details are undeniably "Japanese", taking hints from numerous oriental folklores and urban legends. All these obviously come across as very foreign ideas to us westerners in whole, and when presented in our familiar environment, with that SH coat on top, they tend to truly frighten us in bizarre ways.
Meanwhile, what kind of folklore does America have? The Boogeyman tales? They sure seemed to love and use that in the HC and DP at least.
>>
>>386120929
Man just thinking about the SH2 music puts me in a good mood.
>>
File: sh2 James & sick Mary.png (2MB, 1436x928px) Image search: [Google]
sh2 James & sick Mary.png
2MB, 1436x928px
>>386119498
>tfw Team Silent's members were reduced into bunch of rent-a-dev freelancers who keep themselves fed by making random mobile shit
Truly a fate worse than death
>>
>>386119498
>good monster design
>great music
>above average visuals

I just wish they had some better sound effects especially for the guns and ricochet and some better animations.
>>
>>386124185
>I just wish they had some better sound effects
>better animations
you really don't know what you are talking about, do you?
>>
>>386123709

Was it ever mentioned what type of disease Mary had. Or can we just assume it was cancer.
>>
>>386119776
Low quality shitpost
>>
>>386119498
>The industry finally begins to shift away from jump scare horror vidya
>Into indie horror walk-around-a-spooky-house twitchbait vidya
Just fuck my horror shit up.
>>
>>386119498
SH2 isn't perfect.
>>
>>386125127
It's sad that you think a different opinion is a shitpost
>>
File: 1496394173883.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1496394173883.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>386124726
animations suck

some of the sound effects sucked

I don't know how you would put it but those are my feelings on the subject, now good day.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.