[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it September yet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

File: SQ_3DS_MetroidSamusReturns.jpg (609KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
SQ_3DS_MetroidSamusReturns.jpg
609KB, 1000x1000px
is it September yet
>>
SOON
>>
File: 0.png (186KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
186KB, 636x358px
Maybe it's wishfull thinking, but I really really hope it will be like the Star Fox Zero Amiibo, where you can unlock all the contents locked by amiibo by completing certain objectives and Amiibo is just a paywall for casual players who can't achieve those goal by themselves and can just manage to finsihe the game.

I know it's wishfull thinking, but we didn't knew it was the case for Star Fox Zero up until AFTER the release.

If the Galleries and hard mode can be unlocked by beating the game under 2 hours or 100%, I will be okay with that.

Fuck the Fusion skin can even remains an Amiibo exclusive as long as it's still possible to unlock the same level of difficulty.

If the Amiibo are just easy unlock that only require to beat the game once for content you'd have to play harder to get otherwise, then I'll have zero complain.
>>
Even when it will be September, it still will be 15 days away from it.
>>
Anyone has a better image of that new Samus shooting metroids wall-paper?
>>
Sonic Mania will be better than this game.
>>
>over a month away still
>>
No, wake me up when it ends.
>>
>>386121516
>a paywall for casual players who can't achieve those goal by themselves
Who is fine with that?
>>
AM2R exists, no reason for this bootleg.
>>
>>386127552
Both can exist and the creator of AM2R is supportive of Samus Returns.
>>
>>386127552
Is that even good?
>>
>>386127552
Why have one cake when you can have two?
>>
>>386128508
It's the best Metroid game we've seen in at least a decade, but it falls short of the other 2D entries.
>>
>>386129064

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

ANALOGY
>>
>>386129364
Why play one good game when you can play two?
>>
I'm still really wary of this. Some of the gameplay makes this look really cheap and halfassed, there's no visual effect for the space jump, there's a lot of recycled audio assets from Metroid Prime, the aeon abilities look like they were shoehorned in.
>>
>>386129064
Yes, and?
>>386129315
>It's the best Metroid game we've seen in at least a decade
You mean it's the ONLY good metroid we have got since 10 years.

Still a good game, though, but it had to fight with zero competition. But now somehow, it seems to mean Nintendo has lost the right to make Metroid games themselves.
>>
>>386130340
>Yes, and?
meant to >>386129364
>>
I'm skeptical. Everything we've seen about this game looks like it's unfinished or it was rushed out. They claim they've been working on it for the last couple of years, but the recycled assets and general roughness suggest otherwise. I'm not one of those people who thinks they only did this in the wake of the AM2R debacle, but I don't think SR was in production as long as they claim.
>>
File: 0.gif (911KB, 500x297px) Image search: [Google]
0.gif
911KB, 500x297px
>>386130332
>there's no visual effect for the space jump
You mean the High Jump? The space Jump was never featured in any gameplay video and I don't think any metroid games has ever featured effects for the high Jump.

>Some of the gameplay makes this look really cheap
Didn't see any, The 360 look fun and the Parry seems like a good way to deal with the fact that when you 360, you are lock in place.

Makes being attacked by several enemies look fun.
>>
>>386130686
No, the space jump. There's been gameplay clips where Samus has jumped repeatedly in the air.
>>
File: 0.png (315KB, 1506x1117px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
315KB, 1506x1117px
>>386130594
>I'm skeptical. Everything we've seen about this game looks like it's unfinished or it was rushed out.
uh, no. Not at all.
>They claim they've been working on it for the last couple of years
Two and an half year, I think.
>They claim they've been working on it for the last couple of years
Uh? The only thing from previous game are some musical noise. The only one is the object aqcuired, music, actually, everything else is new and completely reworked. A simple look at the map is enough to see that. I don't get where you are getting that from.

>but I don't think SR was in production as long as they claim.
It most certainly is. Games take a while to make.
>>
it looks like other M

shitty nintendo cash in

real metroid please? looks like its back to SM modding
>>
>>386130784
>There's been gameplay clips where Samus has jumped repeatedly in the air.
There hasn't.
>>
>>386130956
>it looks like other M
Uh no, not at all.
>shitty nintendo cash in
It's wrong when Nintendo doesn't make Metroid games, it's wrong when they do.
>>
>>386127552

>Fuck only one beatiful woman and not 2 smoking hot women

AM2R faggots are truly the worst
>>
Whoa... haha
>>
File: Space jump.webm (1MB, 708x720px) Image search: [Google]
Space jump.webm
1MB, 708x720px
>>386131001
Motherfucker. Yes we have
>>
>>386131724
Damn that just looks awkward.
>>
>>386131724
Surely that's not Space Jump. Surely. Or maybe they just forgot to add the blur effect.
>>
>>386131917
Or maybe they're just incompetent fools that can't into vidya
>>
>>386131984
It will probably look better with the Screw Attack upgrade.
>>
>>386132167
That's kind of not the point. Space Jump always had the blur effect, even in the original RoS.
>>
>>386132167
I don't argue that, but it still seems really cheap and lazy to not have any special effect after getting the upgrade, and there's a lot of these little signs all over the place in the footage we've seen.
I don't think it'll be a trainwreck or awful, I just think it'll be mediocre
>>
File: 1444787517642.jpg (10KB, 180x157px) Image search: [Google]
1444787517642.jpg
10KB, 180x157px
>>386131724
>>
>>386131917
>>386131984
>>386132243
>>386132264
Reminder that up until now, all the Space Jump with blurr effect we have seen come from 2D sprite games.

Is there any 3D game that manage blurr effect well?

>but it still seems really cheap and lazy to not have any special effect after getting the upgrade
Maybe Because 3D suck at it and it ended up looking better without it?

>and there's a lot of these little signs
So you have the missing blurr effect and? And what? The same music of "item acquired" from the Prime series. That's it? Is that all you are talking about? I don't think that's enough to amount to anything of the level of worrying you display.
>>
>>386133501
The Screw Attack in Prime 2 and 3 is roughly the same as the Space Jump in 2D games, and that had a pretty pleasant blurred fuzz to it.
>>
>Press Melee Counter to win - the game
Defend this.
>>
Is it me or does the power suit have killer hips in this?
>>
>>386133634
>The Screw Attack in Prime 2 and 3 is roughly the same as the Space Jump in 2D games
Uh, no. In Prime 2 and 3, they never came separately. They only come separately in 2D.

It didn't had blurred fuzz in Prime 2 and 3, it only had the screw attack effect around it. That's in no way the same thing as the Space jump blur effect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FctNlTJE8fk
4:20
Adding lights around samus is the Screw attack, not the Space Jump.
>>
>>386133710
I odn't have to, you didn't even describe the parry properly.
It require the parry button to be pushed in good timing and doesn't make the game win, it parry simply. The same way the shoot button make you shot. And the jump button make you jump.
Parry button make you parry, what a surprise.
Also, this >>386130686
>The 360 look fun and the Parry seems like a good way to deal with the fact that when you 360, you are lock in place.
>>
>>386121516
This.

I'm still counting the days until its release though.
>>
>>386130332
it looks like it should have been one of the first 3ds games, not one of the last ones
>>
Why there are so many Nintendo cock suckers here? Are they at least paid?
>>
>>386138140
Hoping for a game to be good isn't cocksucking, you know?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.