[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Shadow Warrior 2 shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Shadow-Warrior-2-Screen-3.png (4MB, 1769x995px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow-Warrior-2-Screen-3.png
4MB, 1769x995px
Was Shadow Warrior 2 shit?
>>
>>386116315
Yes, Shadow Warrior (both the original and the remake) were basically Duke Nukem but instead of making fun of american action movies it made fun of Japanese action movies, SW 2 dropped that entirely and with with the "le wacky and ridiculous weapons and randomly generated levels" approach
>>
>>386116315
I didn't keep playing it
>>
>>386116490

I loved the remake and planned to get this one on sale in the future.

Now i'm sad, but thanks for the heads up anon.
>>
>>386116490
I heard the remake was crap.
>>
No and Yes.

it improved on the original but fucked over a bunch of other things. The 'loot shooter' aspect was a complete failure. For all of Borderland's faults, GBX understood that for loot to work it needs to be unique in some aspect so the gun parts system worked really well.

The only loot in SW2 is stat modifiers for the guns, and that's it. There's a set amount of guns and although they look cool, once you have all of them the only thing left is getting stat modifiers. The game is nowhere near big or deep enough for this kind of depth to fit in.

I honestly think all of the games problems come from them wanting to make AAA graphics but only having the budget to make a smaller game. So there's literally about 3 environments in the game, the 'procedural' level generation was bullshit and didn't benefit the game in any way since each segment is extremely distinct and it only serves to make the maps even more confusing to navigate.

Combat is generally better but it's also poorer because instead of having set encounters it's just an MMO-style thing where groups of enemies roam about and then it's just a cluster fuck of them rushing and attacking you.

Also the story was extremely disjointed, there's next to no explanation as to what happened between SW1 and SW2 (of course you can infer that shit but there's literally nothing)
>>
It was bretty gud but there's no lasting appeal. I wish they stuck with just one weapon for each type with swappable runes only. As it stands, I don't bother using most of the weapons I collect because there's not much to set them apart from what I already have. Coop was fun but there's just not much in the coop that sets it apart from the SP either. You're still doing the same shit you did, only this time with a friend. Very limited in the way of shenanigans to pull too.
>>
>>386116624
I agree with you, specifically about the weapons. I was actually pretty disappointed when I learned that the unique weapons I'd found were all there was to find, but at the same time I kind of liked the freedom I was afforded by being able to make weapons serve almost any purpose I wanted due to the gem customisation system.
That being said, some of the unique weapons (like the chainsword) were buckets of fun to play with.
>>
>>386116315
It's another unfortunate casulty of taking a single player game and turning it into a multiplayer and pretty much only focusing on the multiplayer aspect. Enemies turns into bullet sponges later in the game, Weapons don't really feel power and lacks uniqueness and general "This weapon is for this encounter", since it basicly boils down to shooting untill you're out of ammo and switching to another machinegun/shotgun.
There's not that much distinctive variety in the levels, outside of the general "Monster world, farm land, city" aestetics, because they had to make it all procedual generated, alongside no real good secrets to find.
I did however really like the added mobility the game gave you, but that's pretty much all the good I can say about the game, even the plot is incredibly stupid and not endearingly stupid like the first game
>>
it sucked
>>
>>386116315
No. It's even better than D44M.
>>
File: Steam_2017-08-04_17-53-02.png (74KB, 964x209px) Image search: [Google]
Steam_2017-08-04_17-53-02.png
74KB, 964x209px
>>386116315
I've done everything in it and I can safely tell you its complete fucking shit.

incredibly lazy map design that just gets recycled with MUH RANDUM GENERATION

and the combat and weapons aren't worth how repetitive the whole game is.

The first remake is superior in every way.
>>
Irredeemable pile of shit. Instead of polishing the first game's mechanics and making guns better, they just made an awful borderlands clone with terrible level design thanks to random generation and low amount of assets.
>>
Story was sad, I was melancholic - Im a sucker for sad ending though, still.
>>
File: 4623463466.jpg (14KB, 243x208px) Image search: [Google]
4623463466.jpg
14KB, 243x208px
The random loot and level design was hot trash. They should've just made another linear structured game.

It felt so needlessly padded.
>>
Thanks for the info, /v/.
>>
First was tight, well designed, well directed, concise. 2 threw it out the window for randomly generated and random weapons that had a lot less impact because they weren't story rewards like on 1. The damage system made everything a bullet sponge on higher levels. The story was kinda okay? Less fun than the first.
>>
>>386116315
It's great about 30% of the time playing it
lots of problems, it's a bit rough around the edges and just doesn't feel as tight as the 2013 game
It's not fucking borderlands either
>>386118246
I agree it's better
>>
>>386116315

Combat is fine, the Arpg elements are just poorly planned all around. Before you get the "rage mode" upgrade, you can run into bosses which take forever to kill. And on the other side once you get the "Enemy resistances are lowered"-perk card, everything dies ridiculously easy.
>>
I had a lot of fun with it, gunplay was fantastic apart for the shitty random spread stat that applies to everything even rocket launchers. Wish they hadn't made a retarded loot system, but at the same time it does not affect the game much just pick the parts that give you the best DPS and you're fine.
>>
>>386116536
>>386116538
Its alright if what you bought your 'old school' first person shooter for was terrible guns, rpg mechanics, looking around tedious extremely boring maps to try to get cash to try and upgrade your guns to the point they're any good, regenerating health via magic and pretty good mele combat.
So if you bought a shooter to shoot nothing its okay
>>
>>386119447
Which concludes I've dodged a big fucking cannon ball there. Trailer looks hyped as fuck but when I watched the official co-op gameplay it was like borderlands 2 tier of vibe making me postponing and wait for super sale or just grab a free version. Anyway thanks for the insights anon.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.