[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>give main character a canon voice in loading screens >never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (478KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
478KB, 1920x1080px
>give main character a canon voice in loading screens
>never use it in-game, all characters try to talk to Artyom and he just stands there staring like a fucking autist

what did they mean by this?
>>
>>386108903

means thats the best way to do it fag
>>
>get the bad ending
>didn't even know there was a good ending
'least it was canon baby
>>
>>386108903
He's pretty quiet in the book as well.Part of it is Glukhovskiy's writing--which is good--but when it comes to Artyom he often writes things like 'Artyom said hello' instead of ' "Hello" said Artyom'.This led to a couple of situations in the book where Artyom is speaking by proxy.Artyom starts talking the further you get in the novel and it's probably character growth.He's actually someone /v/ probably would describe as an autist.
I'm in love
>>
>>386108943
not really though. A game like Half Life for example works because it's clearly set up that he's a mute, and the character is essentially a blank slate to superimpose yourself on. Artyom is given a history, alliances, TONS of character interaction, and even some serious choices that effect the outcome of the series. In 2033 you're nearly always with a companion. But they talk, and you're just supposed to assume Artyom just doesn't feel like communicating at the moment or something? It doesn't make sense.
>>
Are these games just a meme? I've tried to play 2033 about ten times and always quit in Chapter 4 or 5 at a big gunfight because the gameplay is so awful and the atmosphere is non-existent beyond the 5 second long alien scenes or whatever.

Pretty sure I've been trolled for years to waste my time and keep trying to play them
>>
>>386109367
Must be your shit taste
>>
>>386109259
That's fine if he's not much of a talker, it's just really taking me out of the immersion (through both games) when people directly ask him a question or something and he just stands there and they assume he's going to go along with it. Like I'm halfway through Last Light and he hasn't said a word the whole series, but it's clear that he isn't a mute or anything. And some serious shit has gone down. It's a strange design choice. Might have to check out the novels though.
>>
>>386109437
I guess if shit taste means not liking poor, mechanically bad, gameplay that's a slog to play I'm glad I have shit taste.
>>
>>386109367
Have you played regular 2033 or redux?
>>
>>386109367
idk I enjoyed 2033, I played it often at night to kinda get immersed in the atmosphere. I thought it was interesting, although STALKER is the superior russian apocalypse game if they were up for comparison. It's definitely dated but I got through it fine.
>>
>>386109528
The gameplay is fine. You just have ADD and are probably too retarded to stick to games unless they're flashy shit.
Go back to Overwatch.
>>
File: 20170804_000227-1.jpg (2MB, 1836x1469px) Image search: [Google]
20170804_000227-1.jpg
2MB, 1836x1469px
>>386109447
What I mean is,that's kinda exactly how he is.For instance,in the novel,Bourbon approaches Artyom and very suspiciously asks him for his help.The narration says "Artyom wanted to tell him to go to hell" but he doesn't and finally says "what are you paying?".There's even a bit where it says he only asked this because he wanted to seem "normal".Also this happens a lot with Khan,who frankly is a windbag.Artyom thinks he's full of shit, but rarely interjects.
Pic related is his best friend--Eugene in the game.This is before they leave for Rizhskaya/Riga.Artyom is talkitive at times with his bestie but it doesn't stop exchanges like pic related.Artyom was also tongue tied with Hunter.
I'm making Artyom out to be a cripple,but it's pretty interesting.Additionally he grows over the novel.He manages to be charming in spite of it.Or maybe because of it.
>>
>>386110592
Lmao whoops.Stand on your head.
>>
>>386110651
>>386110592
>Hey, Artyom, don't sit too long like that, okay? The blood will freeze in your head and we'll have to use you like big blood pumpkin grenade, ah! Or maybe you'll just get dizzy, hell if I know...but seriously, stop fooling around, Miller will bust our ass if we don't move it.
>>
>>386109612
STALKER is neither Russian nor apocalyptic.
>>
>>386110592
huh, I guess I stand corrected then. I guess my biggest issue then is without the narration, that concept got kinda lost in translation from book to game. I just figured it was a technical issue, but if that's how it's supposed to be I can't complain. Fascinating. Thanks!
>>
>>386111919
Whatever man, I just made a generalization. You get the point. They're similar games for a filthy westerner like me
>>
>>386109367
You couldn't get immersed in metro? Wtf are you? The first metro (and to a lesser extent the 2nd one) were some of the most immersive games ive played
>>
>>386109308
dude its just immersion are you this retarded
>khan says something abot the river of fate
what Artyom say
>wooow thanks hippie
or
>dude weed lmao
youre obviously too young to understand
>>
>>386113879
I actually had a similar sort of niggle with the game.I thought: Why did they sacrifice the Main Character's looks just so the player could impress themselves on him?!They go to such lengths to never his face and for what?Then in the novel that's not something that's touched upon ever.I can think of only two times his looks are ever mentioned in any way.One is when some Nazis catch him,and they look him over and decide he is a traitor to his good russian blood,and that his nose was russian-y.Then when Artyon catches his own reflection in a good mirror in the ruins of Moscow--in an apartment.You'd think this would be a good time to say something like : 'Artyom saw his brown,or green,or blue or whatever eyes looking back at him'--or something.But no.In fact,at the time,he wishes he could get a good view of himself,but he doesn't want to take his gas mask off.He adds his eyes look tired and he imagines his face looks haggard.
Glukhovskiy went out his way with that one.An odd choice for a developed hero.I'm left curious.But I guess at the end of the day it doesn't truely matter.
>>
>>386109152
There's no bad ending, just the ending, and the good ending. That's what so fucking great about those games.
>>
To establish that you are seeing the world through his eyes but you aren't actually him
>>
>>386115712
thanks, fucking finally someone said it
>>
>>386109725
/thread
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.