[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this game worth 16 dollars on pc? it looks fun as shit and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 9

File: sfv-logo-white-750.png (49KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
sfv-logo-white-750.png
49KB, 750x400px
Is this game worth 16 dollars on pc?

it looks fun as shit and Evo was hype as fuck, then when I went to the store page it's bombarded with negative reviews and low players, so Im conflicted.
>>
>>386100076
You'll play it for a week and never touch it again. Your call.
>>
EVO can make any shit game look good and this is no exception.
>>
It's a shit game. If you like playing shit games, then go for it.
>>
>>386100076
No
>>
>>386100076
Absolutely.
Game also has crossplay with the PS4 so it will never really lack players.
No other dev seems to care about that though, they'd rather let their games die.
>>
>>386100336
>>386100730
>>386100851
>>386100913
why is it bad though?
>>
>>386101231
because espn told someone to change mikas costume
>>
>>386101231
Barebones in every sense of the word.
>>
It isnt an awful game compared to alot of its competition. Tekken is also very good but Tekken as a whole just isnt as interesting long term imo.
>>
>>386101426
is it being casual really a bad thing though? is Mario 3d world and kirby shit for being casual? I think what matters is the overall fun factor right?
>>
>>386101607
>is Mario 3d world and kirby shit for being casual?
Bad comparison. You're comparing a fighting which is supposed to be played for hours on end to singles player games that are supposed to be played and beaten once. Like I said, you'll have your "fun" with the game the first week, then you'll get bored of it. For that reason, yes, a casual fighting game is bad.
>>
I like the game and still play it, but the season pass bullshit and how they launched the game in an incredibly under developed state but charged full price was criminal.
>>
>>386100076
>it looks fun as shit
heh
>>
>>386102245
They literally told you what you were getting at launch and they said that they would add things down the line, which they did.

Retards are just too stupid to read.
>>
>>386102568
Things you'd have to shell out more money for on top of the 60 bucks you already paid
>>
Dont listen to reddit kappa invaders who dont even play fighting games up to the point where community figures call them out live on stream.
https://clips.twitch
.tv/UgliestMotionlessFlyFUNgineer

Game is good and wont die anytime soon.
>>
>>386102654
For characters that have been developed way past release, just like in any other fucking game.
Or you just unlock them with ingame cash, which you absolutely cannot do in other games.

The actual things they DID promise were all added for free though.
>>
>>386102759
Peter please go activate the kill yourself function
>>
>>386102892
epic post!
upvoted!
>>
>>386101231
it's not bad anymore, it has trials, working online, and story. Launch was basically Star Wars Battlefront
>>
the real reason neogaf and reddit marxists trying to narrate this game as bad is because of SJW reasons aka women look attractive

the narrative they continually push is lack of content/ unfinished and like this little nigger said
>>386101426
>barebones
has 2 story modes, robust online features, continually getting new FREE content , and STILL only costs like 12 dollars

compare that with injustice, 60 dollars plus 60 dollar season pass, plus microtransaction loot system, and skins all costing real money, to top it off, most players dont even play online, they play through singleplayer campaign then never touch it again
>>
>>386100076
>Is this game worth 16 dollars on pc?
sure, as long you're paid these 16 bucks to play it

16$ won't even be enough to buy half of characters on DLCs the game pushes on your, not counting stages and skins
>>
>>386102931
No but really
>>
>>386103417
you can easily unlock all characters by playing the game.
>>
>>386100076
Negative reviews was because of the horrible launch. The game had a small rooster, non functional multiplayer and poor singleplayer content with the cost of 60$

Now the game has 26 characters (it had 16 at launch) and they keep adding characters every other month.
Before they only had individual character tory modes wich where super short, Survival mode and Trials but they added more single player content since them. They added Story mode and Trials Vol 2. There is rumors that they are adding Arcade Mode, Story Mode chapter 2 but dont buy expecting that.
You dont have to worry about low players online because the game has crossplay with PSN players. The netcode is very inconsistent though, you gotta always search for 5 bars and even with 5 bars you get some laggy matches.

I think that for 16$ with all the content that they added its not a bad deal.
>>
File: 1500605943548.png (75KB, 378x329px) Image search: [Google]
1500605943548.png
75KB, 378x329px
It is now
>>
>>386103295
microtransaction loot system isnt really fair to say. you cant buy loot boxes with source crystal or real money only credits which are all earned in game. ive got nearly 7million. you can also buy those premier skins with crystals which are also earnable ingame albeit at a much slower rate. im sitting at 16,500 or around this. ill give you the season pass/ deluxe/ult edition. i dont like that so i just stuck with standard.

i have both sf5 and ij2 and i love them both for different reasons.
>>
>>386103295
>the real reason neogaf and reddit marxists trying to narrate this game as bad is because of SJW reasons aka women look attractive
hah. Tekken has the aesthetic edge
>>
>>386103295
Stop being such a shameless shill. "Tons" of online features doesn't matter if your netcode is complete garbage. The story mode was added way later into the game's lifespan and even that can't compare to what Injustice or Guilty Gear offers in term of quality of story mode. The game's $16 for a reason, shillbro.
>>
It's a decent game. Maybe not mechanically as deep as I'd like but since you seem to be new to the genre, I could see you enjoying it. Truthfully speaking, on PC your choices are either this, Tekken 7 or playing old games on Fightcade. Animefighters are pretty much dead right now.
>>
>>386104231
Netcode is fine, and the game is 16$ because its two fucking years old by now.

Garbage like Guilty Gear dropped to 20$ way quicker.
>>
>>386104330
>the game is 16$ because its two fucking years old by now.
Typical capcbro can't even count
>>
>>386104585
upvoted
>>
File: eTLy9af.png (225KB, 1020x380px) Image search: [Google]
eTLy9af.png
225KB, 1020x380px
Imagine being this much of a faggot
>>
>>386104330
>netcode is fine
Delusional capcom drones everybody.
>>
>>386104837
stop playing on wifi
>>
>>386104231
shill?
did you see injustice center stage at the main evo event, broadcasted on ESPN?
>>
>>386101231
Too much empphasis on pokes and normals means the game is largely just baiting your opponent. Also, your view of the game will drastically change based on who you're playing as. Overall, it's probably the most okemi reliant game on the market now, which is a good and a bad thing.
>>
>>386104876
I'm not. The netcode's garbage regardless and you know it.
>>
>>386105136
Works on my machine.
>>
File: goobers.jpg (35KB, 643x293px) Image search: [Google]
goobers.jpg
35KB, 643x293px
>retards who dont even play fighting games talking shit about other fighting games
>>
>low players
I think on PC SFV and Tekken have as high a player count as you ever gonna get for a fighting game.
I bought SFV on release and refunded when I saw how barebones it was and how shitty online play is.
Now I'm just playing Tekken 7 which suits me better anyway, but if your a fighting noob you gonna have a hard time with that.
There is no tutorial whatsoever in Tekken.
>>
>>386105183
Being functional doesn't mean it's good.
>>
>>386105619
>works doesnt mean that it works
>>
>>386105402
>There is no tutorial whatsoever in Tekken.
There is also no Vs CPU mode. Arcade mode is just 3 fights and then 2 bosses with no endings, like they only put it there to tick a checkbox. Lobbies don't have a rematch option. No crossplay. Unlike SFV, you have to pay for DLC characters with real money. But it's ok when Harada does it.
>>
>>386106186
Its absolute bullshit how SFV got such bad scores but Tekken gets these amazing ones even though it does many of the mistakes SFV did and more.

People are retarded and cant think for themselves.
>>
>>386106893
You can say tekken is fine because it has better gameplay but it still isnt fair either because tekken never tryed to reinvent itself, street fighter does that with every iteration. Tekken had 20 years to get the tekken gameplay right while SFVs gameplay still has to go through some polishin like every othe street fighter game.
>>
>>386107732
>You can say tekken is fine because it has better gameplay
I call bullshit on that too but thats extremely subjective.

And yes Tekken 7 is literally Tekken5 sold again with tacked on comeback ultras and armor moves.
Personally I'm fucking sick of buying the same game over and over and this is the last time I'll bother with a Tekken game until Harada gets out of his ass to actually make a real sequel.

Just talking about products getting released though both SFV and Tekken were/are unfinished. With SFV its clear that they rushed it out for the CPT, but what about Tekken7 and its years of delays? Only thing the game can boast about is characters, but thats no great feat when most of the animations and custom items are recycled.
>>
>>386100076
It's wayyyyy overpriced and has too many flaws.

To get all the content takes thousands of hours or paying for the game 2-3 times over the original price.

Get Ultra Street Fighter IV for 5$ on G2A
>>
>>386108009
How is 16 overpriced for a fighting game with an online community that isnt dead?
>>
>>386107732
Even with the gameplay, common complaints about SFV are "no zoning" and "characters are too similar". Both of those are also true of Tekken.
>>
>>386108397
You don't get all the characters and the bundles are shit.

Do whatever you want. Not a single person here is lying or being dishonest. The game is a piecemeal pile of drek. Business model and ability to get content aside the gameplay is fucked.
>>
>>386100076
This thread is shit, instead make your perfect fightan game, preferably with features from current gen games.
>Killer Instinct netcode
>Stock gauge system
>SFV Gameplay + Alpha3 ISMs
>GG:Xrd 2 Graphics
>KI's urban fantasy aesthetics/character design
>SCV Character customization
>KI musical style and dynamic BGMs
>Survival and fucking Arcade modes
>Bots that imitate the fighting style of the character's #1 ranked player
>>
>>386108612
All of Tekken's characters play exactly the same. You only juggle in Tekken, that's it. If you don't get your string going you lose the round.
>>
>>386106893
SFV and T7 are both shit.

Just like the Xbone and PS4 are both shit.

The only reason Tekken 7 did ok was because it wasn't SFV.

The only reason the PS4 took off was because it wasn't the Xbone.
>>
>>386108645
what game does the last feature? that sounds really interesting
>>
>>386103295
>the real reason neogaf and reddit marxists trying to narrate this game as bad is because of SJW reasons aka women look attractive
>SFV, Tekken7, XRD2, BB:ZF, KI and DOA are badmouthed
>Have hot tiddies
>IJ2 and MKX get praised
>"Women" fighters look like trannies

I actually hadn't noticed. I'm surprised Bayo and ZSSamus haven't been banned from Sm4sh.
>>
>>386103684
> you can easily unlock all characters by playing the game

> two weeks of busy monkey work and Free To Play timers
> easily
>>
>>386103684
>/v/
>playing the game
Are you trying to torture him or something? Nobody here plays games.
>>
>>386104330
>Netcode is fine
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Alt + tab desync teleporting still exists if the other player is on wifi.
>>
>>386108713
There's a bit more to that, but the characters are pretty fucking samey. They all have the same tools more or less, some are just shittier or better than others in a minor way.

>>386108891
Thats not a terrible way to put it.
>>
>>386109020
Well, better than buying DLC like in Tekken, Injustice, etc. And better then buying DLC and then still having to buy characters on top of that like Guilty Gear.
>>
File: FM.png (136KB, 501x740px) Image search: [Google]
FM.png
136KB, 501x740px
>>386108009
honestly if it takes you more than two hours to unlock like four characters then I dont know what you're doing.
>>
File: FaceApp_1492086735568.jpg (81KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
FaceApp_1492086735568.jpg
81KB, 408x408px
>>386109020
its not surprising to me that the average /v/ turd gets fucking terrified at the thought of having to play a game
>>
>>386109247
You can also cheat the survival on PC. It still takes fucking forever.
>>
>>386109323
if you cheat survival on PC you will have enough FM for the next three seasons of characters.
>>
>>386109323
pc master race always wins baby
>>
>>386101231
I'll tell you what isn't bad about it. Being able to play sets in a battle lounge. You might think this is a basic feature but it's missing from Tekken 7 player matches and with how awful loading is in that game it makes me want to fucking kill myself.
>>
>>386109219
Not that guy but id rather get a huge cast of characters like in Tekken 7 than an incredibly small roster thats taken about two years to fill out.
>>
>>386109947
m8 he was asking about SFV.
>>
>>386110003
Try actually reading my post this time.
>>
>>386109990
Tekken also got about two years to fill out. And then they released on consoles.
>>
>>386109990
Tekken7 is a fucking three year old game.

You're buying the late port when the original game had like ten characters.

If you're willing to spend the whole 60$ you get as many characters in SFV, and those arent all fucking clones like in Tekken.
>>
>>386110106
>>386110105
I'd honestly be fine waiting a few years (like I did) for a game that comes complete in the sense that all modes are working and it as a huge cast than to pay $60 for SFV (which I did and regret).

I think both games are fun, but SFV just gets old fast.

Also
>clones like in Tekken
lolwut.jpg
>>
File: 1388723139609.jpg (35KB, 726x590px) Image search: [Google]
1388723139609.jpg
35KB, 726x590px
>>386110106
>clones like in Tekken
>>
>>386110291
All Tekken characters play the same.
You dont have anybody like Dhalsim or Birdie in the roster. Its all the same crap. Nobody is allowed to play differently.

And waiting fucking sucks, you wont be able to keep up with the character matchups and everybody will progress past you.
With SFV specifically its also really fucking easy to keep up with character DLC releases by just fucking playing the game.

Also
>Tekken
>all modes working
lmao
>>
>>386110291
Well, nothing is stopping you from waiting 3 years with SFV. If you buy it next year it will be better than if you bought on launch, except you had the option of buying it at launch instead of just watching Asians play on arcades for years.

>>386110403
>All Tekken characters play the same.
Now this is a huge exaggeration and I'm the one who first said that characters are too similar in this thread. A lot of characters play the same, some like Yoshi, Eliza, Steve or Jack play different enough.
>>
>>386110403
>All Tekken characters play the same.
This is the part where you explain why you think this is, because thats definitely not true.

>With SFV specifically its also really fucking easy to keep up with character DLC releases by just fucking playing the game.

Why should I have to grind out characters in the first place? Fuck all that noise.
>>
File: 1389251378210.png (108KB, 359x304px) Image search: [Google]
1389251378210.png
108KB, 359x304px
>>386110403
>All Tekken characters play the same
>I have never played Tekken past mashing on an arcade cabinet at the Tilt
>>
>>386110661
you don't have to grind, retard
just pay for them like you have to in other games since you don't like having an option to get them without paying
>>
>>386108713
This, at least in Soul Calibur you can juggle from variable distances.
>>
>>386110661
>Why should I have to grind out characters in the first place? Fuck all that noise.
Unfortunately fighting games don't follow good business models like something like Dota 2 for example. So in most of them you have to buy DLC characters, and in Guilty Gear's case you have to buy every new version of the game and then buy characters on top of that. Street Fighter allows you to grind then, so it's the lesser evil of the genre.
>>
>>386108920
Ki does something slightly similar with "bosses" learning from top players in Shadow Lords mode, but that's more a challenge mode and I think it should be the standard "highest difficulty" mode nowadays.
>>
>>386100076
Get it op. Bought it and have been having fun with it despite thinking I wasn't going to.

About another half the game has to be bought but I just play with the base characters.
>>
>>386102245
>> download story mode dlc
>> never played it
>>
>>386110661
All tekken characters are the same archetype. No zoners, not even real grapples because you can just tech command throws. Everybody has the same gameplan.

Characters that use verticality like sim or adon don't exist either.
>>
>>386100076

Anon, there's plenty of depth to warrant $16 if you get into ranked matches. Learning the setups, tricks and subtleties of your favorite character along with all the match ups to come. Adjusting to your human opponents who will never stop surprising you.

If you don't want to devote and want a casual single player experience, it barely makes the cut for $16 bucks, the cinematic story mode is meh.

If your a casual who can only handle shooting games and mobas, spread your asshole open and get prepared to be fucked hard by everyone.
>>
SFV, for that price especially, is a good choice for new players who want to get into fighting games.
I can't recommend it to anyone more experienced though.
>>
>>386111469
Sfv proved itself multiple times, it's a great competitive game with the best players around
>>
>>386111274
>No zoners, not even real grapples because you can just tech command throws
How fucking wrong you are, ignorant child.
>>
>>386109947
Why are these super high budged games failing at shit that KI, XRd2 and FUCKING SOUL CALIBUR V FROM BAMCO FFS! did so well. Netcode should be an afterthrought nowadays but the "best" fighting games of the gen can't help but have ridiculous loading times and lag like shit.

Why?
>>
>>386110962
While I agree with that, I would've been fine with either grinding out characters with in game $$$ or using real $ if the game actually had a lot of interesting characters to begin with. Such a small cast that forgoes some of even the most basic and arguable essential characters (Guile, Akuma) feels like they're just holding out on things that make the game feel complete. Hell, SFIV had lots of variation with characters. I get that SFV is in its early phase, but still, cmon, being jewed out for characters and stages feels personal. If the product was good to begin with it wouldnt have been so bad.

>>386110904
You're completely missing the point apparently so I guess I'll just stop arguing with you.

>>386111274
Go play Eddie, Hwoarang, Steve, the fucking BEAR, Eliza, and a huge handful of others before saying they play the same.

I've played lots of SF and so far a decent amount of Tekken and I can say with certainty that Tekken characters arent all the same.

If you want to talk "same gameplan", lets take a look at how the entire gameplan for every single character in SFV is just fishing for CCs because true whiff punishing is almost non-existent.

While I agree that Tekken is a more "realistic" fighter in the sense that its mostly just punches and kicks, you have TONS of moves to choose from and incredibly diverse combos. The only character in SFV that can even be creative is Akuma, and he plays even better in... That's right, Tekken.
>>
>>386111667
That was my first post in this thread so it's nice you gave up after being proven wrong instead of keeping it going. Because you're clearly a retard and another r/kappa shitposting Tekken shill.
>>
>>386111667
>no whiff punishing meme
You aren't qualified to talk about fighters.
>>
>>386100076

Only gripe about this game, is that damage output can be so high, you can feel "robbed" often which feels frustrating as hell, but when you learn your shit, you will rob others which feels amazing!

This game is an emotional roller coaster.
>>
>>386111873
Stop perpetuating black stereotypes
>>
>>386110896
At this point in time Tekken is the kiddie pool version of Soul Calibur, even Bloody Roar was deeper and all these games lack in the face of VF.
>>
>>386111605
>Great competitive game
Many players who have played multiple fighting games competitively, even many current SFV pro gamers, disagree. You're welcome to enjoy the game though. I personally don't think the game is rewarding enough compared to other current FGs to play without monetary incentive.

>with the best players around
The competition is highest only because Capcom pours money into it
>>
>>386111667
>even the most basic and arguable essential characters Guile
I've heard that a lot before, I've even had someone say that it's absurd to launch an SF game without Guile so this isn't even necessarily directed at you, just a rant, but look:
Street Fighter games with Guile before V:
SF2
Console version of Alpha 3
SFIV

Street Fighter games without Guile:
Alpha
Alpha 2
Alpha 3
SF3

He is nowhere near essential, especially when you already have Nash in the base cast.
>>
>>386111667
>one guy has a bear skin the other has a monkey skin that means that they play differently
Also
>diverse combos
Fuck off you clueless retard
>>
>>386112020
>The competition is highest only because Capcom pours money into it
Injustice has a lot of money in it too but nowhere near the competition. That SonicFox kid is probably rich.
>>
>>386112020
So sick of this garbage kappa nonargument.
Nrs puts more money into tournaments but no ody bothers with that trash.

Plenty of pros also love the game
>>
>>386112091
I had to be this guy but that isnt an argument. SFV combos are like a picture book compared to T7
>>
File: 007elx03escz.png (328KB, 710x513px) Image search: [Google]
007elx03escz.png
328KB, 710x513px
>>
>>386112290

I swear every tekken 7 combo is like 5 wonky ass looking jabs that make the other guy float in mid air, then the same little half-upper-cut to pick em them up off the floor when it connects with their toe.
>>
>>386112519
Just like how every martial art is people hitting each other with their arms and legs. Shit's all the same.
>>
>>386112440
infiltration is god tier
if youve not seen the salty suite stream, it was fucking amazing
>>
>>386112572

Tekken combos look like dogshit. At least in street fighter they animate their combos properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrFAs51o6Vc

Look at this garbage, jabbing a 200lbs man in the foot isn't going to lift his ass off the floor.
>>
>>386113231
>complaining about this when referring to muh realism in Tekken
It wouldn't be the craziest thing that's happened in the series. Also,
>there's no way thrusting your hands in the air is going to shoot a fireball
>there's no way punching is going to set your hands on fire
>there's no way a Honda headbutt is going to go fullscreen
>there's no way someone can turn around midair
>there's no way half the characters in the SF universe can suspend themselves midair to finish a flashy cinematic ultra
I could go on but the point is that your argument is nonexistent.
>>
>>386112082
>>386111667

And now that I think about it, Akuma has never been in the base cast on launch either. Secret boss in SF2 Super Turbo, the last iteration of SF2. Secret boss in Alpha 1, added to the base cast only on Alpha 2 and 3. Secret boss in SF3 2nd Impact, added as a regular member of the cast only on 3rd Strike. Secret boss in SFIV on the first iteration, and now DLC in SFV. He always comes later in the game's life.
>>
>>386112572
Juggling is vital for 3d fighting games but in other games it's HRHR and animated accordingly with huge sword swings or massive uppercuts. In Tekken they're bread and butter and come out of punches that would be a neutral MP in SF. It looks stupid and is an artifact from the early era of polygon fighters.

Tekken doesn't desserve the ridiculous ammount of love it gets from Bamco.
>>
>>386113509

Street Fighter has an animated art style for exaggerated animated animations, where physics are exaggerated.

Tekken shoots for hyper realism and shits all over physics.
>>
>>386113639

i worded that horribly, time for bed

tekken isn't a bad game, but there's a reason street fighter is more popular

out-playing your opponent >>> memorizing combos that are ugly looking
>>
>>386113589
Most launchers in Tekken involve full body motions from the characters either lifting off the ground in some form or moving upward quickly from crouching.
>stop liking what i dont like
nice
>>386113639
>Tekken
>hyper realism
Maybe with its artstyle but its universe has shown itself to be plenty crazy since its creation and if you can't make that connection despite the more realistic visual design then you might have autism. But you probably do since you're whining about realism and physics in a fighting game.
>>386113858
Which is why Tekken 3 is the 2nd highest selling fighting game of all time, right?
>muh tekken is nothing but combos to win meme
Now I definitely know you don't play Tekken.
>>
>>386100076
No it's shit.
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.