[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The only Mario RPGs worth playing are as follows, ranked from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0897.jpg (635KB, 1500x1917px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0897.jpg
635KB, 1500x1917px
The only Mario RPGs worth playing are as follows, ranked from best to good:
>Paper Mario: TTYD
>Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
>Paper Mario 64
>Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars is not worth playing and does not belong on this list.
>Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
>Super Paper Mario

That is all.
>>
Your list sucks because Partners in Time is much worse than Bowser's Inside Story or Dream Team.

PiT isn't even worth playing.
>>
>>386099656
Wrong, but cute opinion.
>>
File: smrpg_by_yoshiyaki.jpg (343KB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
smrpg_by_yoshiyaki.jpg
343KB, 724x1024px
>>386099143
>SMRPG isn't worth playing
>puts Partners in Time but not BIS or Dream Team
shit list
>>
>>386100073
It's weeb garbage and you know it. Bowser's Inside Story is only popular for fetishists and you're literally baiting if you think Dream Team is worth playing
>>
>no sticker star
Bad list
>>
>>386100163
oh so this is a bait thread? carry on
>>
>playing TTYD right now
>Having a blast
Good taste, op
>>
>>386100254
>Dream Team comes out
>M-muh tutorials
>M-muh handholding
>4 years later it's the best in the series
Makes sense that contrarian /v/ would hit this "gem" sooner or later.
>>
>>386100408
Fuck /v/ for scaring me away from playing Dream Team for years. It genuinely is the best in the series.

Paper Jam is a fucking turd though.
>>
why do people hate Partners in Time again? it's not as good as SSS or BIS but it's not a bad game by any stretch
>>
>>386100723
Lack of a proper overworld was kind of a bummer.

Bros Item system is hell on earth.
>>
>>386100721
paper jam was an utter waste of a crossover, holy shit

it's just a mario and luigi game in the most generic levels ever, something the series usually avoids, and also hey paper mario is there and exists

also the special moves take way too fucking long, toad collecting is awful, and the gimmick minigame (papercraft battles) is shit

the only thing salvageable is the combat and sprites, which are both carbon copies from dream team anyway
>>
>>386100721
I absolutely love the M&L series, but I still haven't gotten around to getting Paper Jam yet. The gameplay I've seen honestly doesn't seem appealing, but is it really that bad?
>>
>>386101046
>it's just a mario and luigi game in the most generic levels ever, something the series usually avoids

That WAS the crossover. It wasn't a Paper Mario crossover. It was a Sticker Star crossover. The horrible new generic Paper Mario series with no flavor and LOTS of Generic Toads.
>>
>>386101132
The sad thing is, the battle system is great fun and it's got some really innovative bosses.

But the rest of the game is just painful. Extremely bland environments and story, and so many fucking annoying MANDATORY minigames. Basically, whereas BIS and DT had the 2D Body/Dream segments, Paper Jam has fucking minigames. And they drag on forever.
>>
>>386099862
>What if we took mario and luigi, AND GAVE EM BABIES!
that's PiT, I've played all of them but PiT was the only one I didn't bother finishing.
>Thousand year backtrack over SMRPG or PM64
The correct ranking is,
>Paper Mario 64
>Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
>Super Mario RPG: LotSS
>Bowser's inside story
>Mario and Luigi DT
>Partners in time
>Super Paper Mario
I am not saying I hate Super paper mario, I just didn't enjoy the direction they went. Though the first time through it was pretty fun, the removal
>>
File: absolute disgust.jpg (62KB, 872x685px) Image search: [Google]
absolute disgust.jpg
62KB, 872x685px
>>386102751
>removing ttyd altogether
>>
The only Mario RPGs worth playing are as follows, ranked from best to good:
>Paper Mario
>Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
>Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
>Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
>>
Bowser's Inside Story is overrated as fuck and suffers from the same problems Dream Team does.
>>
>>386103093
Oh Sorry, I didn't realize I did that, I would put it below Super Mario RPG but above BiS.
I hate the backtracking in the game, despite the dialogue and Battle options were better.
>>
>>386104430
it's almost consistently second on lists of M&L games, usually after Superstar Saga, how exactly is it massively overrated? would you consider it worse than any of the other ones?
>>
>>386100721
>>386100408

You people are crazy Dream Team takes the length of a Final Fantasy game to basically have the same story all the other Mario & Luigi games had. It drags like crazy and they stuffed it so full of characters they're al stretched thin and the new characters and villain don't even do anything.

Color Splash is the best Mario RPG that released in the last 5 years.
>>
>>386099862
No I loved Dream Team myself. But both are great games imo
>>
File: IMG_4693.gif (1MB, 498x278px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4693.gif
1MB, 498x278px
>>386099143
>Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars is not worth playing and does not belong on this list.
>>
File: 08409284903.png (83KB, 699x557px) Image search: [Google]
08409284903.png
83KB, 699x557px
>>386106568
>color splash is the best [any possible ending to this sentence]
>>
>>386099143
Good list.
>>
>>386106891

If Super Paper Mario can be on someone's Mario RPGs worth playing >>386099143 then Color Splash almost certainly should be.
>>
>>386106568
>Color Splash is the best Mario RPG that released in the last 5 years.
No, it has some nice locations & dialogue but the gameplay is complete trash, the plot is shit and it lacks variety in enemies & NPCs.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.