[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this game any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: styx.jpg (215KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
styx.jpg
215KB, 1200x630px
Both 1 & 2. How do they stack in terms of a genuine stealth game /v/? Rating from 1-10?
>>
>>386092486
It's good, pretty average I'd say. I'd give it a genuine 5, or a reviewer's 7.
>>
>>386092486
i liked the first one, but for some reason i couldnt get into the second one...
>>
>>386092486
7.5/10
Worth playing if you like stealth games
>>
Graphics/art was worth it alone, I'd give it an 8.
Besides that stealth gameplay was pretty awful, combat is torture.
>>
>>386093550
Seems like it isn't a perfect game but most people seem to say it's good overall. Will probably buy it.
>>
>>386093629
It's about as close as you can get to an AA title these days. I'd say support the dev.
>>
>>386092486
Only played a small part of the first one but I love the second one a bunch, I'll detail why.

The second one gives you a "light bar" akin to the thief 2 gem coupled with a noise meter in the same spot, basically a circular radar spike system, so your feedback on shadows is tangible akin to splinter cell.

Levels are designed to be quite open in the second and environmental movement is never too constrained, it's quite liberating being able to change your course on the fly, it really allows for momentary change and because of this smooth environmental adaption, you can keep a steady pace.

the pace of movement is what I'd define as more springy and bouncy as opposed to swift or calculated, your jumps aren't exactly set at a particular height so you have varying height differences for your jumps and this makes you feel less disjointedly connected to the physics of the game, it feels really organic to move about. 1/2
>>
>>386094203
Styx himself is more or less a goblin Chucky from child's play. the game is self-aware in the wrong places and ultimately the death screens really should Be be able to be turned off.
however in the game though, the writing and character of Styx himself is quite endearing and he's a pretty nice character. the other characters really suffer though but you're probably not playing this game for the story anyway.

It's truly a return to old school return to stealth form with the perfect blend of open non-linear levels, smooth and coherent level design with many paths, a lighting and sound system ripped from splinter cell and visually the game is stylized as a sort of fantasy steam punk with textures and design akin to that of Jak and Daxter.

cons are rope swinging which honestly pretty avoidable considering the freedom of access you're given.
death screens and the light and sound system aren't particularly explained but they're also pretty obvious, the knife sheath also glows depending on your darkness/lightness so really there are two light meters which are kinda baffling.

all in all, if you like stealth games. this is a good one, a great one even.
>>
>>386092486
The jig is up, the noose is up
>>
>>386092486
haven't played 2 yet, 1 was fun, but it wasn't exceptional in any real way.
if you're itching for a stealth game go for it, otherwise might as well take a pass.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.