[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the worst souls game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 350
Thread images: 56

File: 5009235.jpg (71KB, 480x603px) Image search: [Google]
5009235.jpg
71KB, 480x603px
This is the worst souls game.
>>
File: V profile.png (177KB, 867x940px) Image search: [Google]
V profile.png
177KB, 867x940px
>>386084048
reminder that the average person that will agree with this will have a steam profile that looks like this
>>
>>386084197
bitch
>>
>>386084048

Early game it is the worst due to the adp/agilty crap, but for me DS2 has the most replayability, and unquestionably the most content of any souls game. Once you get your Agility to 100, the game becomes far more enjoyable.

For me DS3 is the worst. I still think it's a good game, but it's bland as hell compared to the other games, and gets boring fast. 2 hours into NG+ I always get the feeling of "why bother" creeping over me. The PvP is a major step down from DS2 as well.

I think DS3 is the
>>
>>386085327
>2 hours into NG+ I always get the feeling of "why bother"
this is so true
>>
>>386085327

Oops had a stroke while posting that, ignore the non sentence at the end there.
>>
>>386084048
DS2 vanilla, I agree.
if you mean SOTFS, go buy a bunch of DS3 factory sealed copies and stick them one by one into your ass.
>>
>>386084048
DS3 and 2 were both underwhelming, but atleast DS2's absolute failure made it unique to play; DS3 was literally another rehash that raped bloodborne up the ass for its style and gameplay.
>>
anyone who doesn't agree with that statement ins't a real souls fan
>>
I'm playing for the first time and I just don't get it. Not having a good time with it.

Combat feels clunkier. If I don't lock on to enemies my rapier stabs keeps missing. I didn't have this problem with DaS1 which I beat several times on my own.

That firat boss was retarded by the way. Didn't even need to dodge. He attacks so slowly you can calmly walk off
>>
>>386084048
>>
>>386086145
It gets a lot better - bosses in DS2 exist to contrast with other bosses in the late game a lot of the time. The first few bosses are pretty easy.
>>
File: 1501698022282.jpg (116KB, 632x612px) Image search: [Google]
1501698022282.jpg
116KB, 632x612px
>>386085327
>For me DS3 is the worst. I still think it's a good game, but it's bland as hell compared to the other games, and gets boring fast.
Fucking this
Don't care what anyone says, DaS3 is the worst of the series for this.
DaS2 had it's faults, but at least it was fun.
I like DaS3 after long breaks, but I can keep loving every other game just fine without breaks
>>
>>386086145
>combat feels clunkier
stop trying to play DS2 like you're playing DS1
stop trying to play DS3 like you're playing DS2 or DS1
stop trying to play Bloodborne like you're playing Dark Souls, unless you're playing DS3 with a light shieldless build
the only time this mentality works is when you're jumping from Demon's Souls to DS1 or the contrary.
>>
>>386086145
>Combat feels clunkier
You'll adjust to DaS2 combat in a bit, and then go back and say the same about DaS1
Trust me, DaS1 is way clunkier than 2.
Both are good though
>>
>>386084048
First off, you are wrong. 3 is the worst. Secondly, the worst game in the series is 8/10. So who the fuck cares.
>>
I'm trying to play SOTFS after quitting halfway through when II first came out. Realized almost immediately that close to every place the game took me were bland and uninteresting, while 90% of the enemies felt like skin swaps, bosses included. In addition to that, it just feels unpleasant to move compared to other games in the series. I genuinely want to like it too, I still remember staring at my screen for hours counting down until it unlocked at launch.
>>
>>386086145
>Combat feels clunkier.
This happens to me everytime I started a new souls game. They feel different from each other and going at it with the same mindset of another game actually hinders my performance.
>>
>>386087110
> Realized almost immediately that close to every place the game took me were bland and uninteresting, while 90% of the enemies felt like skin swaps, bosses included.
sounds like you're looking really hard for excuses to drop it.
if you kept coming to that realization "almost immediately", then it shows you were looking forward to be disappointed. just drop it already and have your fill of awesome next-gen grafix with DS3 then, you'll cream your pants once you're out of Carthus and look at Irithyll's sky
>>
>>386084197
Its already common knowledge that people like op are just trying to fit in. Anybody who actually played the game knows its the best.
>>
>>386087110
Just play something else then.
You're going in knowing you're going to hate, so of course you're going to hate it. You don't actually want to enjoy it if you're going to blow everything you dislike out of proportion like that. Just stop trying, it's not and never will be "for you".
>>
>>386087861
the best at quantity though, not in quality. that's debatable between Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1.
>>
Wew, it's true /v/ is obsessed with DaS2.
>>
Daily reminder that DaS 2 lovers are leafs
>>
>>386088007
DeS is basically obsolete with how much 1 improved on it. Its good still, but when comparing them, nah. 1 wins.
>>
>>386088112
nice boogeymen
nice hivemind opinions
>>
>>386088184
I wouldn't consider DaS post-Anor Londo an improvement to DeS in any way at all.
>>
>>386088112
I wish /vint/ is still around
>>386088224
>t. leaf
>>
>>386088112
Nah, I'm as free as a plastic bag in a Wal-Mart parking lot
DaS2 is better than 3
>>
>>386088007
Quality is solidly in Bloodborne's court. None of the weapons except the Stake Driver suck dick, they're all fun, only a couple of shitty bosses, most of the area's are well designed, etc.

I'm trying to figure out a weapon to use in DaS 3 because I want to play the DLC, but they all look so fucking boring, and all the cool ones either got nerfed or they sucked dick to begin with (Thank you From Software for nerfing the DSS for all of no reason so it can be just as shitty as it always was).
>>
>>386088349
Red blooded US American actually. Sorry nobody else cares about your eceleb shit
back to r/gaming with you
>>
>>386088491
>t. Canadian
>>
>>386084048
they all suck ass
>>
>>386088589
>t.leaf
>>
>>386084048
All From Software games are shit.
>>
This is the worst meme.
>>
>>386088665
>t. a fucking leaf
>>
>>386088742
TenchuZ was fun
that's about it
>>
>>386088480
>using meme weapons
dude just pick the regular longsword +10 sharp or quality, it's already better than a bunch of fancy looking stuff with shit stats
if you don't care about shields, get astora GS, sellsword twinblades and some other basic stuff like that. forget those autistic tier lists, if you actually play the game instead of watching build videos you'll see the most basic equipment is the most effective.
>>
File: 13754373_1.jpg (59KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
13754373_1.jpg
59KB, 960x960px
>>386088950
>>386088665
>>386088589
>>
>>386086517
DaS3 had the best gameplay and bosses.
DaS2 has nothing going for it, it's sluggish dull, the bosses are neither interesting or challenging, the final boss, the ending the entire premise is weak.
You can't defend these things.

I'm starting to suspect that the DaS2 fags are just skyrim fags in disguise, people that love shit, as long as there is plenty of it.
>>
>>386088981
Eh, maybe. I don't know why the people sperg out about soulsborne so much.

I find tedious and uninteresting as fuck.
>>
I haven't played 3 however I did play the rest of the games including BB but SotFS had me hating it the entire way through. I went into it with a completely open mind, put aside anything and everything people complained about. The customization side is great, that I have no problem with, my problem comes from far many more things.
>The areas just aren't interesting outside of the Doors of Pharros, I never felt interested to explore because the areas were generally devoid of anything interesting and are instead just filled with enemies you dread to fight instead of enjoy fighting.
>Enemies take way longer to kill than any other Souls game barring maybe Bloodborne, but in Bloodborne you have viscerals with your year long gun parry to work with for damage and even then you tend to kill enemies far faster once you advance a bit.
I had a Grand Lance and a Greatsword, I had enough stats to use both properly. Even two handed they feel weak, the kinds of small enemies you could most assuredly kill in one or two hits in the previous games now take around 3 or more. Hell, until you get them to +10 you can't even one-shot some of the earlier enemies of even spiders. It just feels like trash fodder are tanks.
>Bosses are boring, incredibly so. Even Alonne didn't take more than a handful of tries and he was probably the most fun of the lot.
Hell, Bloodborne boss fights took longer, it feels like in SotFS at least the trash mobs are far worse than the actual bosses.
>Enemy placement in SotFS is absolutely retarded.
Even if you go slow in Sinner's Rise you have its dog area with a Pursuer and three archers, Huntsman's Copse with its constant 4+ enemy ganks, and all of Iron Keep where you always pull a minimum of three Alonne Knights is unbelievably idiotic and it only gets worse in the DLC with the ghost knights and the entire Eleum Loyce.
>Did not like ADP or Soul Memory at all.
>The constant invasions where people just hit behind incredibly powerful enemies.
>>
>>386089162
I know its the most effective, thats the fucking problem, its boring. All the cool shit sucks.

Theres 5 fucking games in this series and I'll put myself to sleep if I go through DaS 3 trying to longsword r1 things to death. Its why I dropped the game in the first place.
>>
>>386089274
"you can't defend" is just code for "you better agree with me or else"
>>
>>386086796
Clunky means that it controls poorly, it is a negative trait, it is poor design, stop defending it you contrarian faggot.
>>
>>386089274
>das3
>best gameplay
>best bosses
pick none
wow, nu/v/eddit is so pathetic
>>
File: Zaph.jpg (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Zaph.jpg
27KB, 400x400px
>>386089459
>i can't defend it
>>
>>386089503
>calls others contrarian
>hates the highest rated souls game because mathewcucktosis told him to
lol
>>
>>386089274
>DaS3 has the best gameplay and bosses
Maybe for one playthrough, sure
After that it shits it's pants and stops being fun when everytime you get to an area in NG+ you say "Fuck, this place again?" But it's for EVERY AREA
DaS3 areas suck fat shit, the combat isn't good just because the controls are. Sure it feels nice and responsive but nothing is satisfying about it
I'd rather be stuck with DaS2 design choices than ever suffer through 3 again, and also how dare you compare me to a skyrimfag, even I'm not that low of a person.

DaS2 has more replayability than 3, fucking fight me
>>
>>386089384
I also did a second playthrough months after my first just to make sure I wasn't just hating it due to preconceived notions, I just honestly disliked it. I can see why people love the DLC from an aesthetic perspective, it feels nice to look at, but actually going through those areas is torture. When I got to the ice enemies in Eleum Loyce and I was taking 4-5 hits to kill a single one two handing my weapons on NG only I knew something was dreadfully wrong.

Even tried NG+, gave up around Majula just because I was so done with the game and completely drained. I also remembered one other area I liked, the desert witch area is pretty fun once you learn to deal with the incredibly damaging poison that sucks your life away so fast. More power to the people who enjoy this game but it was nightmarish and just not fun to go through for me. I put around 100 hours into it giving it a chance and got nothing but misery and no fun at all from it.

At least it's better than Lords of the Fallen.
>>
File: 2.png (49KB, 1209x933px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
49KB, 1209x933px
>>386089503
You probably don't understand what contrarian means.
>>
>>386089503
"clunky" in this case is subjective.
DaS2 is objectively slower and has stiffer controls for combat. none of these two characteristics make it objectively bad, that's on you.
>>
File: 01.gif (546KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
01.gif
546KB, 300x168px
>>386084048
Its super bad but gameplay wise, but the story is okay, other then the fact that you kill four of the strongest beings alive because of rubble.
>>
>>386089631
>anyone who says otherwise is defending it
>smug pic
your "attacking" consists of nothing but the same "defending" behavior you're condemning
>>
>>386089763
>Clunky means that it controls poorly, it is a negative trait, it is poor design
Why can't you read? Why would you type out a response to a post that proves that the contents of yours is wrong?
>>
>>386085327
>it is the worst due to the adp/agilty crap

Fucking right here. Thats why the game lacks I-Frames. I have 30 ADP right now and I still take damage from rolling through attacks. Good thing 3 brought back I-Frames on rolls.
>>
>>386090030
there's nothing there proving shit, calling it names is just an opinion.
DS2 doesn't play like Bloodborne, it's too slow, so what? it's like saying The Witcher is shit because it doesn't have as many explosions as Uncharted.
>>
>>386089741
DaS2 gets a bad rep here, for sure, but you're naive to think a lot of those great reviews aren't because the first game was so popular. Gaming """journalists""" have no backbone whatsoever. I'm not saying they should have given the game 4/10 across the board but almost any popular game and especially popular sequels get scores like that.
>>
>>386090015
(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)
>>
>>386084048
it's shit

>terribad story/lore
>awful animations
>awful art design
>terrible level design
>abysmal hitboxes
>no coherent world design
>95% of enemies are humanoids
>80% of bosses are utter trash
>The DLCs are the only decent part of the game and they all feature at least one shitty bullshit boss or area

DS1 and DS3 are both superior. The only thing DS2 made well was the PVP

Also DS2 apologists have shit taste and should be banned from any Souls discussion, they add nothing to the conversation, just keep bringing up this obviously inferior game
>>
>>386084048
agreed
>>
>>386089741
>game reviewers are suddenly the voice of truth

/nu v is even more retarded than /old v
>>
>>386090342
DS2 has the best ng+ of ANY souls game ever. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>386090342
>ds3
>superior
The only thing it's superior in is the art direction going back to dark fantasy instesd of generic fantasy
It sucks in every other way compared to 2
>>
>>386090578
>only /v/ is right and everybody else is literally hitler
dealing with extremes is so exciting!
>>
>>386090613
>We added red shit to your regular shit
>>
>>386090805
and new armours, and weapons, and boss mechanics.
>>
>>386084048
put enemy everywhere
i thought it was a meme before playing the game.
>>
>>386090613
Sure, it reworks enemies but it makes it even more tedious by now permanently turning your game into Pure Black World Tendency in both damage and enemy spawns to make it even more annoying to play when the base game is already a mess and a half.

>>386090845
>and new armours, and weapons
This isn't exclusive to DaS2, all the games add new weapons, magic, and armors on top of letting you see different paths for side quests if you want. The only thing new you have on that list is boss mechanics.
>>
File: 91.jpg (195KB, 1529x471px) Image search: [Google]
91.jpg
195KB, 1529x471px
>>386090578
I guess we can't trust user's score either. Just what /v/irgins repeat after watching their favourite e-celeb.
>>
DaS2 did pvp the best.

I think that on /v/, DaS2 is a bit underrated while DaS3 is a bit overrated. Both games have flaws, though.
>>
>>386090990
>its ok if Bloodborne does it
>its ok if Dark Souls III does it
>its ok if Dark Souls does it
>>
>>386091024
>these additions don't count because the other games also add shit too
are they the same areas, bosses and weapons from DaS1 and DaS3?
>>
>>386089884
Story is garbage.
>>
>>386090613

It really does not. The game is still shit, but the bonfire ascetics are a decent idea, I'd give you that.

>>386090650

How so? Read my list, here's all the stuff DS3 does better than DS2.
And let's just point out that DS3 has the best bosses in the entire Souls series, by a long shot.
>>
Can someone tell me what the Champion Covenant in DaS2 does? If I said the wrong one, what I'm talking about is the one that makes it "Harder" for you. How exactly does it make it harder? More enemies/buffed enemies?
>>
>>386091336
Doubles damage you take, enemies half double the health, drop rate is doubled, enemies don't despawn.

Don't play it, it's nightmarish if you already hate the base game. I did it and I'm not too happy about all the time I spent doing it, Undead Crypt and the DLC becomes a test of patience since nearly everything one-shots you.
>>
>>386091336
it makes enemies as strong as in the next NG+ cycle
it also makes them infinitely respawn, even if you already despawned them after killing them for a dozen times or so
>>
>>386091207
The combat is fast enough that it allows you deal with large groups at once plus the rally system lets you get health back.
Same as Bloodborne just without rally. Still easier to deal with large groups than II
Never really happens. There's some areas with trash hollows but that's it.
In DaSII for example in Drangleic castle there are plenty of fights where there are multiple armored dudes. Not just trash mobs.
>>
>Reach Throne of Want
>Kill the Watcher and Destroyer
>Can't advance through the area
>Go through Dragon Aerie and Shrine
>Get the item so you can enter the memories of giants
>Get the Giant Souls including the one in Black Gulch and killed the Giant Lord

Now I am still trying to figure out where the hell to go. Goddamn I get lost so much in this compared to DaS1 and 3 and Bloodborne.
>>
>>386091154
of course you can't trust user score, it's filled with haters or shills, everything on metacritic is shit.

You need to judge by yourself, with your skills and with some objectivity.

Follow reviewers to buy stuff like Gone Home and skip on stuff like Prey 2017
>>
>>386084048
Why is it rated T?
>>
DS1 has the worst bosses of the series.
>3 asylum demons
>Ceaseless discharge
>Centipede demon
>Pinwheel
>Bed of chaos
>Gaping dragon
>4 kings
Other mentions:
Nito, with adds that can be revived so you have to fight in a really time segment of the stage to avoid dealing with the giant skeletons
Capra demon fight is plagued with ridiculous camera problems.

Did i forget anyone?
>>
>>386091258
That is an opinion.
>>
>>386091316
I read your list the first time
The only thing I agree on even slightly is DaS3 having some good bosses
Wouldn't say the best, that title goes to Bloodborne for me.
I'm sorry to say, but DaS3 just doesn't deliver for me. It's areas look pretty but aren't fun, and while DaS2 has some shitty ones, I'd much rather suffer through them than any of 3's boring ass areas, enemies, and filler bosses
>>
>>386091575
>it's okay when every other game does it because I make up excuses in my tiny little brain
back to r*ddit
>>
File: maxresdefault(6).jpg (202KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(6).jpg
202KB, 1280x720px
>>386084048
It is. But Das2 fans have literal brain damage and will defend their game even when the flaws are thrown right in their face. The only good thing about DaS2 is the DLC.
>>
>>386091661
after killing the giant lord you can go straight to the throne of want again, but if you want a better ending you need to do the following:
there are 3 giant souls from FoFG, one from the two giants in Black Gulch plus one you get by killing the ancient dragon
after collecting them, just go kill Vendrick. then go check his mantle and talk to him. bring him the crowns of the three dlc kings. then you kill the last boss.
it doesn't matter what answers you give to Aldia when you meet him at the bonfires.
>>
>>386092030
>it is
But that's ds3
>>
>>386091783
Yet DaS2's manages to be worse.
>Royal Rat Vanguard
>Covetous Demon
>Prowling Magus & Congregation
>Belfry Gargoyles
>Royal Rat Authority
>Ancient Dragon
>Giant Lord
Dragonrider

>Dragonriders
>Old Dragonslayer
>The Last Giant
>Afflicted Graverobber, Ancient Soldier Varg & Cerah the Old Explorer
>>
>>386092098
No. But good job deflecting to another game because you can't defend your own.
>>
File: 1501343675402.jpg (26KB, 322x308px) Image search: [Google]
1501343675402.jpg
26KB, 322x308px
>>386092030
Being this delusional.
>>
>>386088480
what cool looking weapons do you think suck?
tell me what you tried and ill tell you if youre retarded or not
>>
>>386092153
really, just the dlc trio is already enough to set this game as having the worst bosses ever made in the whole series
>gank squad
>blue smelter
>2cat
>>
>>386092153
You literally can't get any worse than the Bed of Bullshit.
>>
File: 1500847598941.png (174KB, 248x459px) Image search: [Google]
1500847598941.png
174KB, 248x459px
Post yfw you will never be pathetic enough to parrot eceleb opinions and be a literal contrarian by hating the highest rated game in the series.
Not a single Dark Souls 2 hater has a single actual argument against it. Mind you I'm not saying it's perfect or flawless, far from it actually. But not a single one of them lists any of the game's ACTUAL flaws.

this board is fucking hilarious
>>
>>386092153
They are still better than the bosses of DS1. Ceaseless discharge, bed of chaos and centipede demon are completely unacceptable as designs. Theses bosses of DS2 are shitty, i agree, but i can least what are they aiming for, with the exception of the ancient dragon. The ancient dragon is really absurd.
>>
>>386092305
I'm not a ds2fag though
I'm a bbfag
I don't have to defend 2 when 3 exists
>>
>>386092306
I'm not a DaS2 fan.
>>
>>386092030
>But Das2 fans have literal brain damage and will defend their game even when the flaws are thrown right in their face

It's really a case of all those 'flaws' actually being fresh ideas that detracted very little overall or were at least funny.
>>
>>386092389
Have my (you) but every DaS2 hate thread there are plenty and I mean PLENTY valid flaws being named out. Fanbois just ignore it.

Anyway I'm sure you're a troll at this point.
>>
>>386092039
Isn't the Ancient Dragon completely optional? I don't want to fight that bastard. If I can do all 3 DLCs though without fighting AD, then yeah I might do the DLCs then. I know the DLCs are going to be brutal to get through. I am playing the SOTFS version BTW.
>>
>>386092594
>y-y-you're just a troll, please don't s-stray from our h-hivemind!!!
>>
>>386092743
It is. Go for the DLCs, they are really fun.
>>
>>386092879
Okay this confirms my suspicions.

Jesus Christ the quality of these posts.
>>
>>386092153
I think 3 is much worse for bosses since most of them have an extra phase or 2 after you completely empty their health and then another full health shows up and then maybe one more. Makes the fights goddamn tedious. because of this.

At least some bosses in 3 they go to next phase when they drop to a certain amount of health like in DeS, DaS1 and 2 and Bloodborne.
>>
>>386091207
Bloodborne lets you get out of dodge incredibly fast and nearly all weapons have some sort of sweeping attack that lets you deal with stuff, or it has a stab that lets you keep your distance on top of the rally system that heals you if you ever get hit. Enemies also die relatively quick compared to DaS2 where they can take anywhere from 3 to 6 hits for trash mobs unless you're running around with a buffed weapon 24/7.

Haven't played.

Let's count the amount of times you have enemies in a group that you are forced to aggro 2+ at a time.
>Ghosts in New Londo, most you can bait out one at a time or they are spread out so far apart you can kill one and regenerate your stamina before one reaches you, but there are exceptions like the church and the one gank room once you get past the first three if you're not using a bow and arrow to lure the one directly ahead of you.
>Buffed hollows in the Burg.
>Dogs and bandits in Undead Parish however these all die in one or two hits at most by the time you reach it.
>Undead Burg has the three rats under the dragon.
>The snake men at the start of Sen's but the trap kills one of them 80% of the time.
>The start of Duke's.
>The crow trap in Painted World.
>The mouth enemy trap in Lost Izalith and the Dragon Butts which you can just cause to kill each other.
>Three cats in Darkroot.
>Golems/Scarecrows in the DLC but you can snipe the Scarecrows with arrows.
Keep in mind nearly all of these enemies can be killed in one or two hits on NG with simple Quality weapons let alone pure STR whereas in Dark Souls 2 you take multiple hits to kill anything at all even trash mobs and they are scattered about in such a way that you always pull two to four almost every single encounter and the arrows attract enemies to you no matter what compared to every other game. You would have a harder time finding moments in DaS2 where this doesn't happen.
>>
>>386092743
you don't need to, 4 giant souls are already enough.
though AD can be cheesed so easily you can make him do whatever you want by manipulating his AI. just check a few videos, you'll see how it's all a matter of mashing R1 until it lowers its head and prepares to fly, then you just run outwards in a straight line.
>>
>>386092926
I'll do that then. Thanks.
>>
>>386092957
Of course your shitty bait posts are a real example of quality, right
>>
>>386092957
Go ahead and give me a flaw with Dark Souls 2.
If you say soul memory or ADP I'll laugh in your face
>>
>>386092743
You don't need to fight the Ancient Dragon All you get is souls and a Giant Soul, Vendrick is perfectly doable with only 3 Giant Souls.
>>
File: 32683579.png (995KB, 934x854px) Image search: [Google]
32683579.png
995KB, 934x854px
>>386093039
>Keep in mind nearly all of these enemies can be killed in one or two hits on NG with simple Quality weapons let alone pure STR whereas in Dark Souls 2 you take multiple hits to kill anything at all even trash

Except in Dark Souls 2 they will actually wind up their strongest attacks, instead of just launching lighting fast lunges out of nowhere that do nearly 3x any of their normal attacks.
>>
>>386093039
>Let's count the amount of times you have enemies in a group that you are forced to aggro 2+ at a time.
>boot up Dark Souls
>Asylum tutorial area
>2 3 on 1 encounter
>2 2 on 1 encounter
>its okay.jpeg
>travel to firelink
>go upwards toward the undead burg
>3 hollow
>to the bridge
>3 more hollow
>rats in the room
>travel more
>more ganks
>more ganks
>fucking more ganks

You obviously missed a whole lot of shit.
>>
>>386093096
but Soul Memory and ADP are DIFFERENT! it's different than DaS 1!! THE GAME THAT MADE ME FEEL SPECIAL! DaS1 Is the Dark Souls of Souls games!!!!!
>>
>>386093039
I've played 1300 hours of dark souls 2 between both versions on nearly every patch version. Never once were tanks an issue if you don't play like a fucking retard with no spacial awareness or common sense

and either way, why are multi-enemy encounters considered bad in these games exclusively? your character is more than capable of dealing with them and they only add some actual strategy and thinking to the game.
faggots meme on and on and on about soulshit being "methodical" then whine like fags when that actually comes true
>>
>>386093039
>whereas in Dark Souls 2 you take multiple hits to kill anything at all even trash mobs
this is some really fresh shit you just pulled from your ass anon, you can start this game and get a Rapier in the first 30 minutes by BUYING IT and the mats to make it +3 straight from the blacksmith - no need to even farm for a rare drop or anything, it 2-shots everything except those giant knights at Heide's
>>
>>386093789
ganks*
>>
>>386092743
>I know the DLCs are going to be brutal to get through. I am playing the SOTFS version BTW.
Sunken King is pretty fun outside of the ghost knights and the final boss of the area is neat. The gimmicks of the first area are also alright though it's easy to miss the secret switches at times.

Old Iron King is the least fun of the lot to go through. Constant enemy groupings, area is quite confusing, tons of NPC invasions, enemies are all tanks, tons of backtracking. Personally it was my least enjoyed of the DLC. Alonne is a fun boss fight though.

Ivory King has a fun Sauron boss fight but other than that the place is awful. Tank normal enemies even if you are fully decked out, the bosses barring Sauron are not fun, that entire horse area is a nightmare.

>>386093469
I didn't have much room, I also missed a lot of stuff in the DLC like the magic spammers and the ghosts. Nearly all those encounters die in a single hit even at the start of the game. Hell, you can kill everything you listed there in two hits just two handing almost any weapon. Let's compare it with Dark Souls 2 where you have those ground creatures that take something like four hits to kill and there are either four or six of them as the first encounter, the hordes of undead soldiers absolutely everywhere near the little creek, the tree, and the area leading up to the old woman that take an absurd amount of slashes to kill one of (I want to say it's four hits with a Shortsword). Then there's the knights in the lava area leading to the giant, the entire Pursuer arena area (Not the boss fight) with the seven or eight hollows, etc.

The difference between the multi-enemy ganks in 1 and 2 is that in 1 it's incredibly managable due to how fast they die while in 2 you have to deal with all these enemies at the same time that can withstand multiple hits. Sinner's Rise is a nightmare due to this.
>>
>>386094054
>Let's compare it with Dark Souls 2 where you have those ground creatures that take something like four hits to kill and there are either four or six of them as the first encounter, the hordes of undead soldiers absolutely everywhere near the little creek, the tree, and the area leading up to the old woman that take an absurd amount of slashes to kill one of

...That's not even an encounter.
>>
>>386093096
Shitty animations
Terrible controls
Forgettable story and npcs
>>
>>386094345
Heyyy, you actually got one. Yes the animations range from alright to pretty bad, it's a problem anyone can acknowledge. You get used to them though.
The rest is wholly subjective, sorry.
>>
>>386094471
if anyone can acknowledge it i guess theyre pretty fucking bad
getting used to it doesnt excuse the fact they were lazy and shitty
>>
>>386094054
the hordes of undead soldiers absolutely everywhere near the little creek, the tree, and the area leading up to the old woman that take an absurd amount of slashes to kill one of

No they don't?
>>
>>386094538
the animations weren't just changed from the other games because it was easier to make all new animations you fuckin retard

so no it's not lazy.

and a claymore weighs like 6 pounds
>>
>>386094538
Didn't say it excused it, just said in the grand scheme of things it's a pretty inconsequential problem to have. The game is perfectly playable still, as evidenced by its steady playerbase.
>>
>>386094552
If we're talking SotFS, you can aggro most of them in 1s and 2s. Hell /v/ shitposts about the clearing above the ladder, but they always forget to mention you can kill them one at a time if you aren't retarded and sprint through the area.
>>
>>386094669
All of the games have flaws and are all playable
2 isnt better than any of them
>>
>>386084048
wow I guess dark souls 3 just doesn't exist
>>
>>386094815
>le safe opinion
I have the most hours in 3.
All of the souls games excel at doing something right.
3 has the best gameplay and combat. Its smooth and polished.
>>
>>386088303
This, but I think he meant from a gameplay perspective.
>>
>>386090342
this. god i have no idea why would someone think that ds2 is better than 3. 3 is at least playable, it has no bullshit everywhere, ds2 is just half assed, i felt that the devs didn't gave a flying fuck about the game while making it for 99% of everything
>>
>>386094552
What the fuck? Almost all of those enemies die in 1 hit from SL1. Are you unfamiliar with weapon upgrades and stat allocation?

>>386094813
Better game than 3, on par with the rest. 2's highs are higher than anything else in the series to me.

>>386095012
And to me 3 is boring in design and mechanics. Combat felt "polished" but not interesting. Enemies simply weren't fun to fight, bosses ranged from fun to bad. They played it so safe that it became unfun. Opinions are nice aren't they?
>>
>>386095012
>no ur personal experiences don't count this is not your individual opinion u r just copying other ppl
>>
>>386085327
>The game becomes fun once you spend 100 fucking levels on agility, bro.
i think i finished that piece of shit at level 70 or so.
But yeah, you need to invest your first 30 levels on agility to make the game less shit. even though the hitboxes are still shit
>>
File: 1485302058373.webm (3MB, 896x504px) Image search: [Google]
1485302058373.webm
3MB, 896x504px
>>386094471
>You get used to them though.
No I don't
>>
>>386095012
3 can't have the best gameplay and combat when Bloodborne exists. Sure 3 feels better than DaS 1/2 but definitely not smoother than BB.

Which is fucking weird because BB runs at 25-30FPS but there it is.
>>
>>386095382
3 was a phoned in cash grab. If B-team made 2, then G-team made 3
>>
File: Bronies, this is your mindset.png (26KB, 307x156px) Image search: [Google]
Bronies, this is your mindset.png
26KB, 307x156px
>>386092306
Kill yourself degenerate
https://derpibooru.org/641138
>>
>>386095585
You don't if you're a numale, I suppose.

>>386095653
Yes, please kill this shit thread. Thanks, Lee.
>>
>>386095585
this was the only glaringly bad one I remember seeing
idk how they let that one slide but i can't remember many other animations bothering me in ds2
>>
File: 5f7.jpg (37KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
5f7.jpg
37KB, 680x680px
DaS>Bloodborne>DaS3>DeS>DaS2

Objective truth. Anybody else got the wrong opinion.
>>
>>386095623
Bloodborne has really good atmosphere but not much else
the combat is actually pretty shitty
>>
>>386095842
Absolutely not, all the weapons are great to use and have fun movesets, and movement itself is responsive and fluid.

The only issue with Bloodborne is its framedrops against bosses like hotdog.
>>
>>386095585
I bet you love Dark Souls 3's anime faggot shit weapon arts like the twin greatswords
>>
>>386095834
Bloodborne > DS2 > DS1 > DS3 > DES
Fixed for you. Only people who like DS3 are reddit babbies who played it as their first Souls game.
>>
File: dark souls ii tracking.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dark souls ii tracking.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>386095629
>calling ds3 cash grab
>when ds2 made a ''remaster'' at full price that doesn't even look as good as the E3 and closed beta
SOFT is the most shameless cash grabbing that I've ever seen in my life.

DS3 at least has some nice stuff and enjoyable gameplay, and it's not half assed.
>>
>>386095962
3s weapons have almost as many move sets and theres 3 times amount of weapons as well
also, my biggest problem with BB is that theres only like 3 builds and they all play basically the same
if I play ANY of the dark souls games I know I can play with a different build every time
BB lost alot of replay value for me because of that
>>
>>386084048
3 is far and away the worst and most casualized shit
>>
>>386085327
Minimum agility runs are also fun, but you need to gitto guddo. Once you've got enough skill you can basically just ignore the stat since you know how to dodge with any amount of iframes.
>>
>>386094345
>Terrible controls
I agreed here. Sprinting is where it shows bad controls. I hold down the button while moving to spring but it takes a few seconds till I actually sprint regardless of how much stamina is left. What the fuck were they thinking making the sprinting so delayed?
>>
File: default.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
default.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>386095585
>webm to prove Dark Souls 2 has animation issues

>posts the best animation in the game
>>
>>386096059
why did you put des at the bottom though
>>
File: goldface2.jpg (95KB, 328x317px) Image search: [Google]
goldface2.jpg
95KB, 328x317px
>>386096059
You can't be serious. DaS2 was absolute dogshit on release, so fucking bad they had to release SotFS to make it somewhat playable yet it managed to be still worse than DeS.
>>
>>386096337
>What the fuck were they thinking making the sprinting so delayed?

The same thing Bloodborne was thinking. It's almost certainly done for PvP reasons.
>>
>people implying that des is bad
you guys just didn't played the game or are you just ds2 fanboys(tasteless)?
>>
>>386095967
Not to mention in DaS3 they gave enemies over the top attacks like you see in animes or martial arts movies like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon or Kill Bill.
>>
>>386096562
the people hating on DeS are DaS2 haters. really gets the boggle goggles activated.
>>
File: 1501619501598.webm (2MB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
1501619501598.webm
2MB, 940x529px
>>386093096
>das2 is a good ga-
>>
>>386084048
It's still a fun game.
>>
>>386096438
Actually, they re-released it so Tanimura wouldn't get fucked over.
>a game made in 6 months is still the second best game in the series
lol, miyazakidrones are pathetic

>>386096562
Literally every person saying DeS is bad has said DaS2 is bad too. Nice bogeyman :)
>>
>>386096613
>>386096774

>>386096059
>>
>>386088742
>Chromehounds
>Shit
>>
>>386096651
he wouldn't have been hit if he didn't roll like a fucking idiot for no reason with 0 adpt
>>
File: .png (345KB, 700x739px) Image search: [Google]
.png
345KB, 700x739px
You literally can not justify this.
>>
>>386096059
1 was my first
i played them in order
3 is the best so far
>>
>>386096651
that hitbox tho
>>
>>386096930
Horseshit.
>>
File: 1501620906567.webm (3MB, 840x473px) Image search: [Google]
1501620906567.webm
3MB, 840x473px
>>386096854
The fact you say that shows how badly programmed this game was. Despite re-releasing it, SotFS still has issues.
>>
>>386097004
Nah, I'm not from reddit so I'm open to new ideas and a change of pace
You can go circle jerk with the other neckbeards on there you fucking faggot, why come here
>>
>>386096651
ds2 btfo by this anon who saved this webm recently
>>
>>386097085
>Despite re-releasing it, SotFS still has issues

Well it's definitely not hitboxes anymore

>webm shows a chest that is no longer a mimic
>>
So it's official now? Is DaS 2 THE go to contrarian game of choice in this dump?
>>
>>386096592
Yeah except they actually finished their faggot weeaboo animations unlike in dog shit 2
>>
File: 2017-08-03-2249-32.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-03-2249-32.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>386095475
>Almost all of those enemies die in 1 hit from SL1
No they don't. Not unless you already knew what to upgrade. Here's the starting soldier with a Shortsword two handed as a Warrior against the same hollows you fight in the tutorial area.
>>
>>386085327
ADP was created to make the game more like an RPG and allow shield specs time to shine.

Allowing everyone to be a dodgy-mcdodger right out of the gate was dumb, and the only real problem with ADP is how they never really explain it well enough to let people know that's why they keep getting hit while dodging.
>>
>>386097289
>contrarian
>highest rated and best received game in the series
Think you got that backwards bud
>>
File: ds2 pvp spin.webm (3MB, 1280x696px) Image search: [Google]
ds2 pvp spin.webm
3MB, 1280x696px
>>386096651
Ds2 is so ridiculously bad that I have no idea how can people not only defend it but say that It's better than other games from the series
>>
File: ds2 room.jpg (491KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ds2 room.jpg
491KB, 1920x1200px
>>386085327
it's impossible to be more bland than ds2. even the graphics are bland.
>>
File: gaems.jpg (101KB, 728x291px) Image search: [Google]
gaems.jpg
101KB, 728x291px
>>
>>386097434
Those lizards he the most badly designed thing in the entire game. You literally can't kill them as a melee character.
>>
File: 1500257835647.gif (3MB, 264x313px) Image search: [Google]
1500257835647.gif
3MB, 264x313px
>>386097434
If you really have no idea, why are you still intent on proving something that is inherently subjective?

Who would you even be responding to? Since apparently you have no idea
>>
File: image.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>386097183
I have tons of webms from DaS1 and DaS2 because they have the worst hit boxes out of all the games.
>>
>>386089302
>Souls games are tedious

PCuks at it again,
>>
File: 2017-08-03-2304-21.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-03-2304-21.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>386097356
and here's DaS1 by comparison starting as the same class as in DaS2. Ignore the backstab, that was my fault. Those archers die in a single hit as well.
>>
>>386097580
just in case anyone is curious this is old information
theres way more people playing 3 now
>>
>>386097356
>start with broken sword

HAHA WOW DUDE WHY IS IT DOING SO LITTLE DAMAGE?
>>
>>386097692
All souls games are on PC except Bloodborne, and Bloodborne may as well not be a souls game because its so much better than all the other ones.
>>
>>386097580
>not SotFS
lol try again sweetie

>>386097584
>das2 haters are this stupid
literally just run up to them and hit them in the legs
>>
>>386084048
It's the worst souls game but still pretty good.
>>
>>386097356
also this has to be bait because just because it's the same enemy doesn't mean they have the same health values.
>>
>>386097793
>Shortsword
Can't your read?
>>
>>386097732
>comparing a broken straight sword with a longsword
>>
>>386097356
How is that any different from Undead Burg?
>>
>>386097912
Can't you see? that's not a short sword in his hands you nigger
>>
>>386097827
And the PC audience proved how credible they are when Dark Souls first released on their platform.

/v/ was pure fucking cancer that day.
>>
>>386098090
/v/ and the souls playerbase has still never recovered from the dark souls p.cuck port actually. it literally ruined everything
>>
>>386097975
The weapon in the DaS2 footage is the starting Shortsword.
>>
>>386098090
Fair enough.
>>
>>386098021
>>386097356
Thats broken sword
>>386097864
SotFs has about 2k players a day
>>
File: B2xbmVU.gif (3MB, 240x234px) Image search: [Google]
B2xbmVU.gif
3MB, 240x234px
>>386097356
>>386097912
It's broken bro. The webm you posted to prove healthy weapons take 3 hits to kill them, is using a broken sword.
>>
>>386098235
3k, actually. rounding down too
>>
>>386098235
>>386098276
My bad, I thought it started with a Shortsword. I'll go buy one and try it again.
>>
File: what is this.png (51KB, 725x114px) Image search: [Google]
what is this.png
51KB, 725x114px
>>386098308
>>
>>386098226
No, it's clearly the broken straight sword, stop bullshitting
>>
>>386098351
Why should your opinion mean anything when you can't even be bothered to look at the fucking video you just uploaded throughout the entire process? you should have noticed when you were PLAYING that it wasn't a fucking short sword. stop posting any time.
>>
>>386098090
It was cancer when it was announced for the 360.
>>
>>386084048
Unironically kys
>>
>>386095558
Do you even know what you are talking about? It seems to me that you haven't even played the game.
>>
>>386099001
He saw and saved some webms of hitboxes in DS2 bugging out while conveniently ignoring the fact that hitboxes bug out in all of the Souls games.

He probably played DS3 first and then watched that one hilariously nitpicky DS2 review video and wrote off the whole game as garbage.
>>
>>386098226
Dude everyone can see it from the webm. You're awful at lying.
>>
>>386084048
Since the last sale on psn, ai think two months ago, sotfs gets often new threads.

Same for me, having bought it in the sale. I haven't played ds3 yet. But played the other games already. And personally I find sotfs very enjoyable. Mostly because elements that I found tedious in DeS and DaS have been reduced. I agree, that designs and atmosphere aren't much memorable. But for me, the accessibility does the trick.
>>
>>386095558

Just started a new game, I'm level 40 something. 3 bosses in (Last Giant, Dragon Rider, Persuer), and my Agility stat is already at 100. It takes 2-3 hours tops. Your ADP only needs to be in the teens to get to 100 agility. Nice argument though guy.
>>
File: 1429386105071.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1429386105071.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>386099242
Every Souls game has shit hitboxes. Not sure why people keep reposting the same webms criticizing DS2.

Even BB isn't immune.
>>
>>386095558
Nigger I can play just fine with 85 Agility, you just need to get fucking good. Rolling doesn't need to phase you into the cheat engine dimension to be useful for avoiding damage.
>>
>>386092967
>Abyss watchers
>Younger Prince
>Nameless King
>MOST BOSSES HAVE EXTRA PHASES

If you're including DLCs, that's a whole different story, but the base game has 3 multiple-phases battles. If you're gonna shit on DS3, at least do it properly
>>
File: giantdad more like giantbad.webm (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
giantdad more like giantbad.webm
3MB, 600x338px
>>
>>386089274
>the best gameplay
Nah, it has BB gameplay, but worse and BB gameplay doesn't fit into DS because it makes heavy build unvaluable.
>bosses
>tree
>yorn
>deacons
>wyvern
>pontiff second stage
>wolnir
>sage to an extent
almost half of the bosses are gimmicky as fuck
DS3 had few cool bosses, like King of Armor guy, I think they are the best in the series, but the rest are pretty okay at best
>>
>>386098721
>night time on a thursday
fluctuates just as much as 1 and 3 anyways
>>
>>386099726
Doesn't every boss in Ringed City have extra phases?

I swear it at least feels that way.
>>
>>386099554
BB is probably my favorite overall game in the series and it definitely has some of the worst hitboxes as well. Every damn attack is shockwave-sized on enemies you consider 'difficult' going through.

Beggar proves to be an awful fight every time, the furry asshole never has to fucking hit you.
>>
>>386084048
I have never played a Dark Souls DLC
>>
>>386099946
>it's okay, it gets good 30 hours in.
>>
>>386095558
>>386085327
>adp 100
Are you guys memeing? At first few playtrhoughs I did not know about ADP at all and after that like 16 or 18 adaptility is fine, it doesn't add any more i-frames after that.
>>
>>386087102
>Secondly, the worst game in the series is 8/10.
On the first playthrough yes, but after that it's 7/10 at best, though Id give it 6/10.
>>
>>386099946
even rabid dark souls 2 haters will admit 2's dlcs are the best of them
>>
File: 1500933844132.png (151KB, 308x258px) Image search: [Google]
1500933844132.png
151KB, 308x258px
>>386099554
>Every Souls game has shit hitboxes. Not sure why people keep reposting the same webms criticizing DS2.
>>
>>386099773
well 3 has about 8k more players a day on average
1 is about the same
>>
>>386100008

I didn't say ADP at 100, I said Agility. Reading comprehension, work on it.
>>
File: 2017-08-03-2336-23.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-03-2336-23.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>386098726
>>386099368
I'm not lying, I honestly thought it was the shortsword, but I'm certainly an absolute idiot. I didn't even think to check the name of the weapon, I just picked the same class.

>>386098750
I know I'm an idiot, I'm righting a wrong and went Warrior with the Broadsword (So a step up from the Longsword you get in DaS1) and it takes two hits to kill both the worthless dagger hollows and the shield hollows. Granted, they're wearing armor, but this means every trash mob you encounter at the start takes two hits, and the two-handed sword wielders take three or four hits. Compare this to DaS1 where the trash mobs take one hit unless they're suited up where they take three. It makes getting around a lot more irritating.
>>
>>386100221
The DLCs are a step up from the base game, thats it.
>>
>>386100304
yes but this is way better because even though it does less damage the swings are faster, and they break the poise of the enemies
>>
>>386100008
AGI, not ADP.

You need 96 to match DS1 medium roll, 105 for light roll, and 115 for DWGR.

You can roll through almost every attack in the game with 90~ AGI.
>>
Post em
>BB = DaS1 > Des > DaS2 >>> DaS3
>>
>>386100304
>getting around
you don't have to do this thanks to bonfire warping being available from the start.

not every "problem" is 1 dimensional.
>>
File: dark souls 2 level design.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dark souls 2 level design.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>386100221
>>386100387
I disagree, the DLCs had stuff that was better than in the main game, but it also had stuff that was way worst.

here was much more tryhard things, for example, the path to the blue smelter demon. It's a lot of narrow paths with 1 billion enemies that you can't reach attacking you at distance+melee enemies at once, the main game doesn't have BS like this.
>>
>>386100539
I would but you already posted it.

BB is great, DaS is great, DeS is alright, DaS 2 is at least kind of novel but I don't think I'll ever play it again, and DaS 3 is about as interesting as watching paint dry.
>>
>>386100747
>Complaining about areas designed for co-op

Anon, please.
>>
Not sure what I hate more das2fags or destinyfags
>>
File: 1499617054932.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1499617054932.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>386084048
In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:

>No bonfire and no death challenge where you can beat the game without resting at a bonfire or dying to gain a reward and bragging rights

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks

>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again
>>
>>386100889
You should hate yourself for being a drone
>>
>>386100839
yeah because being with a summon somehow makes those bs fine, like that giant white place full of nothing in Eleum Loyce with forever respawning horses before a boss
>>
>>386100889

Not sure who I hate more, contrarian faggots, or people who think their opinion is right and anyone who disagrees is wrong.
>>
File: 1449918384046.jpg (66KB, 477x324px) Image search: [Google]
1449918384046.jpg
66KB, 477x324px
>>386100917
>No bonfire and no death challenge where you can beat the game without resting at a bonfire or dying to gain a reward and bragging rights
>>
>>386100917

I hate faggots like you fighting over last place. The games are both kind of shitty, deal with it.
>>
>>386100917
In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:
>proceeds with a homosexual blogpost
Reddit please leave
>>
File: 1498921728996.jpg (79KB, 480x601px) Image search: [Google]
1498921728996.jpg
79KB, 480x601px
>>386084048
>love the fuck out of ds1
>hate ds2 but played it on console because i had nothing better to play
>bought sotfs and ds3 on pc after building one
>beat sotfs to see the differences and still hated it, but went through it just to see if it got better
>started ds3, got to the swamp level and dropped it there, only have like 8 hours in game and can't bring myself to beat it out of boredom
Ds2 may be shit, but ds3 bores the fuck out of me, plus I'm tired of these shit swamp levels
>>
>>386101192
DaS2 is better than DaS1. Especially post Anor Londo
>>
>>386101127
how the fuck you redditfy the single most factual point in that pasta boggles my mind
what the fuck are you even doing
are you redditposting just for the sake of reditposting
the game LITERALLY rewards those runs with actual loot you moron
>>
>>386100539
>DeS>DS2>DS1>>>>>>>>>>>>>DS3

I don't know where I'd put BB. It was a bad first impression and I've never gotten over it. I don't know. Just not my cup of tea.
>>
File: 1336975870747.gif (3MB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
1336975870747.gif
3MB, 480x272px
>>386101013
>yeah because being with a summon somehow makes those bs fine
Well if you summon you can place someone at the far end of the gate so they can enter immediately instead of making a mad dash through the corridor so I don't know what you're saying.
>>
File: 1494401977067.png (156KB, 402x413px) Image search: [Google]
1494401977067.png
156KB, 402x413px
>people actually defend DaS2
>with its shitty roll stat
>shitty level design "wow it's so open you can choose where to go" and then an area is just piss easy if you didn't do it at the right level
>every single turn having some hollow on the ground that gets up when you pass so it'll "surprise" you
>enemies falling on their ass when you parry
>backstabbing is just fucking pointless
>downgraded as fuck graphics, most places just look terrible
>really boring bosses, they're all shitty
>>
File: go back.gif (461KB, 350x232px) Image search: [Google]
go back.gif
461KB, 350x232px
>>386101283
>>
>>386084048
Bloodborne is the best Souls game by a wide margin.
>>
>>386101250
DaS2 did have Harvest Valley and Earthen Peak which were like swamp areas.

But yeah fuck the swamp areas and it's fucking bullshit poison.
>>
DeS = BB = DaS > DaS3 > eating dogshit > getting raped by niggers > shitsouls 2
>>
>>386100839
Why do you niggas complain about the fucking horses so much? I did that shit without a summon. All it fucking amounts to is moving slowly through the storm and paying close attention to what's going on, the horses have a very clear sound they make when they charge at you.
>>
>>386100417
The problem is that they introduce multiple enemies that you also have to deal with that have this high level of HP which means you now have to methodically get rid of everything in the least amount of mobs pulled which gets to be frustrating when you get to something like Sinner's Rise or Iron Keep.

No Man's Wharf is a good example, you have the zombie men that take something around three or four hits with the weapon you would have casually playing at the time (We're talking strictly from a first playthrough aspect here, not when you know everything and know you can easily get something to make things trivial) and they attack pretty fast. The zombies themselves come at you around two to four at a time and the arenas aren't exactly the biggest with dogs and even the pirates that take around the same amount of hits to kill coming at you. A perfect example of that situation is coming from Heide's, you have two dogs, then further ahead there are two dogs, a pirate shooting arrows at you, and one or two zombies. Once you clear them you get to that massively open area that has around four or five zombies and I think a dog but I can't 100% remember, and every area that splits off has you fighting against ether multiple pirates or those darkness enemies.

In Dark Souls this example would be like the first room of Duke's with the three crystal undead and the archer, you take around the same damage, and deal around the same damage, except with this situation you have it happening the entire game instead of just incredibly rare instances. Hell, the spiders are another example of bloated health compared to what type of enemy they are. They come at you in droves but until you have a +6 or +7 weapon or higher you won't one-shot them two-handed.

This is just one of the problems I had when playing DaS2, it just felt like a chore at times even though I was building my character properly and upgrading my weapons.
>>
File: ds3 babbies at it again.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ds3 babbies at it again.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>386101342
SHIT SOULS 3
>the most linear of all the games, even compared to DeS and BB
>nostalgiafag reference pandering out the ass
>rehashed characters
>Lowest Boss count after DeS
>Half the bosses are gimmicks
>Boss weapons shit as usual, despite having 4 games to draw experience from
>weapons in general are 90% quality based
>these quality weapons are also usually the best weapons in their class
>some weapons have retarded stat requirements where they don't even scale with said stats, which also happens to be quality
>armor system a horrible imbalanced mess
>the heaviest armors are the heaviest they have ever been in the series, while offering basically no additional defense over medium/light sets
>poise implemented in such a stupid way that only Greatswords and Maces get the most bang for the buck
>Some UGSs, GAs, and Hammers weigh more than entire armor sets
>Equip load is now done by VIT, which for some reason gives LESS per level than fucking dark souls 2
>Souls required to level up not adjusted for splitting stats into two
>a majority of the small weapons sped up to bloodborne speed, but some of the larger weapons have been made SLOWER and consume MORE STAMINA
>rolls cost next to nothing with extremely fast recovery and many iframes
>magic is garbage
>faith is garbage
>FP system is weird
>Too many useless fucking stats
>WAs are mostly just special r2s or powerstance moves copypasted with an explosion or two at the end
>MLGS is the worst its ever been
>awful covenants
>covenants are stickers which can be changed on the go
>shitty rewards
>Dragon form the worst its ever been in both aesthetic and practical sense
>community now filled with normies who hold hands with their SL 800 Friends to get through the game
>invaders have the most disadvantage compared to all other games in the series
>First DLC was a 1.5 hour long disappointment with a rehashed arena
>Second DLC had no end despite being the very last dark souls thing we'll get for the forseeable future
>>
File: bait.jpg (13KB, 384x395px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
13KB, 384x395px
>>386101472
>>
>>386101348
>people actually hate dark souls 2 despite being the best game in the series both with fans and critics
sorry hun, time to accept the truth
>>
File: 6155cdc5cdfe.png (199KB, 467x456px) Image search: [Google]
6155cdc5cdfe.png
199KB, 467x456px
>>386100747
Sorry, I guess they took for granted people playing through the area would at least have more than 15 END if they intended beating it without a partner.
>>
>>386101348
wow, that really convinced me anon. i liked all those examples you put in there.
>>
>>386101551
Hello hcuntguy
>>
>>386101551
I think you're the one in denial, sweetie
>>
Regardless of game favourite, posting PvP webm's is wholly useless as they all have SHIT netcode and webm's where you face off against someone on the other side of the world while they use a wireless connection with a microwave popping popcorn between them and the router are meaningless.
>>
>m-muh ratings
>h-h-highest rated from paid reviewers
the absolute state of DaS2fags
>>
File: which lie.jpg (4KB, 261x58px) Image search: [Google]
which lie.jpg
4KB, 261x58px
>>386101348
>>
>>386101450
>Why do you niggas complain about the fucking horses so much?
This may be hard to believe, but most people who hate DaS2 were bad at the game.
>>
I'm about to finish ds1.
convince me not to skip 2 because from here it looks like shit.
>>
File: 1501018327129.png (360KB, 4844x1728px) Image search: [Google]
1501018327129.png
360KB, 4844x1728px
>>386101549
He's not wrong.
DS3 is the most linear Souls game by far.
>>
>>386101735
Skip rest of the game in the series.
>>
>>386101687
le ebin ganksquad, le ebin blue firedemon, le ebin bigratboss, le ebin spiderlaserz, le ebin flying lavamountain with castle aso.
we can do this all day shitter ^^
>>
>people actually had trouble with anything in 2
It's my favorite of the series by a fair bit, but it certainly wasn't that hard that you'd need to whine about it and never bring up any of its actual issues.

>>386101626
91 :)

>>386101647
>t-t-t-t-they only c-count when it's c-c-convenient for m-me!!!!!!
>they're o-only paid when i-i-i-i-i don't like t-them!!!!!

>>386101735
Don't bother with anything else in the Dark series. play Demon's and BB if you haven't
>>
>>386101735
/v/ is very torn on the subject of DaS2, just pirate the game and try to have some fun with it. if you like it, buy it so you get the online shit. if you don't go ahead and skip it. take no advice from /v/
>>
>>386101735
Play it with an open mind, see if you like it or not. Some people like it, a good chunk don't, but make your own opinions. It's like $10 at best so the most you lose is an hour's worth of work. It does some things well like rolling feeling faster, armor weight making it feel like you're heavier, the sheer amount of armor and weapon choice, and the presentation for some things (Majula will always be gorgeous to me), but then it falls flat in a lot of other areas.

It feels like you're playing the second half of Dark Souls but expanded over an entire game. If that worries you then say away.
>>
>>386101735
Just skip everything else and go to BB.

DeS -> DaS -> BB

Other two if bored. DaS 3 will just make you more bored though.
>>
>>386099818
yeah but those are dlc bosses
>>
>>386101827
Back to plebbit with you.
>>
>>386084048
>SOTFS

Fucking dumbshit
>>
>it's actually just one autist
my sides
>>
>>386102041
Kill yourself faggot. Just follow the advice from the red witchbitch in the beginning and kill yourself. you will respawn, i promise you :^)
>>
>>386101762
DELET THIS
>>
well, no
SOTFS is better than the launch version by miles.
The DLC alone is better than any base game level in ds2
>>
>>386102170
nice boogeyman redditard
>>
>buzzword buzzword buzzword
Go back to playing it if it's so great baka. Absolutely HOWLING. Lads LADS, imagine being so pathetic you spend the majority of your time defending a game online.
>>
>>386101932
ds3 is worse?
don't do this to me anon I'm a mustard race and I don't want to buy a console, 3 is my last hope
>>
>>386102452
imagine being such a meme queen that you have no arguments against that game and spend all your time whining about it online
oops, just called you out sweetie
>>
File: .jpg (87KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
87KB, 640x359px
>>386100917
>>386101192
>>
>>386102470
Its just boring. DaS 2 is terrible, but its also got some novel ideas and fun stuff mixed in with the terrible

DaS 3 is well made and you will probably enjoy it if its your second souls game. Its my fifth so it just fucking bored the shit out of me with how safe it played it. Pirate it and see, it ain't worth 80 ameribucks.
>>
File: 1463432270553.png (791KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1463432270553.png
791KB, 1280x800px
Look at all these conjecture spewing underage faggots.
>>
>>386103351
first day on /v/eddit? whalecum!
>>
>>386103249
alrighty, thanks anon.
>>
>>386085327
you need 96 agility to have the same as mid-roll on das1. why do you people spread misinformation. also you dont even need 100 just 99. the difference is 1 frame of backstep.
>>
>>386103778
a new dark souls 2 hater joins our flocks! yaaaas slay queen slaaay
>>
>>386102470
In my opinion 3 is the best so far.
BB isnt that good, its over hyped by contrarians because it never got that much attention. If you ever get a ps4 you should play it though just for the experience.
>>
>>386104042
youre allowed to like all of them reddit scum
>>
>>386104206
>BB isnt that good

BB is one of the best PS4 exclusives, next to Persona 5.
>>
For me BB was the worst, but DS2 is a close second
>>
>>386104306
Thats true.
But Im not comparing it to other exclusives
im comparing it to souls games
he doesnt have a ps4 anyways
>>
>>386096306
Or just use greatshields and never dodge again since shields are at their best in ds2
>>
File: 2aa.jpg (29KB, 480x666px) Image search: [Google]
2aa.jpg
29KB, 480x666px
>>386104206
But... it's literally all the concepts in 3... except done better. In a much less linear world, with a much more cohesive art style.

I really don't understand this opinion.
>>
>>386104253
not on /v/ you're not
pick a side faggot
>>
>>386086145
first of all try to not use a shield.
you can pretty much move out of the way of attacks pretty easily, dodge is you emergency button no need to spam.
dodge tips: against thrust attacks roll sideways, against slashing backwards and bashing forward.
upgrading your gear is more important than leveling stats.
upgrade your agility to 96 then 99 if you want to.
play slow and you'll get it fast.
>>
>>386104206

BB is very different than the Souls games. I think that the refined weaponry that all feel different but potentially useful beat the piles of garbage you collect in the Souls game. The maps also feel perfect. The only problem is the two nightmare areas at the end which are hands down the worst parts of the game.
>>
>>386089274
holy fuck the bait.
>>
>>386104648
Its not done better. Where is this coming from?
The combat is vastly superior in 3. The weapon variety is alot better in 3. Theres many builds in 3, but only a couple in BB (forcing you to play the same way every play through). BB had really shit DLC that crammed a bunch of weapons into a couple hours of game play because they realized how bad they fucked up in that aspect. I really didnt appreciate the laziness from the developers.
BB had really good atmosphere, but all the souls games have good atmosphere, so I cant say thats something that really makes it stand out and makes it "better" than the other games.
BB is good, and I like all the souls games, but 3 is my favorite and does everything the best.
>>
>>386104306
>Persona 5
>Best PS4 exclusive
Man that's just sad
>>
>>386105435
Name 3 PS4 exclusives not BB or P5.
>>
>>386105490
apparently nioh is good but ive never played it
>>
>>386096651
same shit happened to me at ds3 from a fucking crab. what is your point?
>>
>>386105643
nu/v/eddit might hate that game even more than dark souls 2. it's ridiculous how dronelike most people here are
>>
>>386105968
Im definitely open to trying it
what are the pros/cons?
>>
>>386105490
Nioh
Uncharted 4
Killzone Shadowfall
Omega Quintet
Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age
Star Ocean 5
Kingdom Hearts 2.8(theres 1.5 and 2.5 which are on PS3 but separate but the PS4 version has BOTH 1.5 and 2.5 together on a single disc)

Sony exclusive(PS4, PS3, Vita)
DOA Xtreme 3
World of Final Fantasy
Deception IV TNP
Project Diva X and Future Tone(FT is PS4 only)
Nights of Azure 1 and 2
The Witch and the Hundred Knight(PS4 version has added content)
Last of Us(PS4 version includes DLC)
>>
>>386096337
omg. have you ever tried like idk... running?
>>
>>386106123
You'll really have to look at it yourself. Just know that it's truthfully nothing like a souls-game beyond superficial things like UI.
It's not for everyone, but it's 10x the action games any of the souls series is.

If you like Diablo games, Onimusha games, Ninja Gaiden games, Souls games, and even some musou games. You'll fucking love Nioh. The first 2 dlc have been great too
>>
File: 1536789.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1536789.gif
4MB, 480x270px
>>386105009
>The combat is vastly superior in 3
>>
File: Went Full Retard.jpg (30KB, 431x355px) Image search: [Google]
Went Full Retard.jpg
30KB, 431x355px
>>386106458
Running is when you are moving full tilt on the stick, Sprinting is that plus holding the button down. Its fucking delayed when you initiate sprint.
>>
>>386105959
>b-b-but das3!!!
Holy shit this has to be joke. Besides post proof.
>>
>>386107405
wtf do you record everything you play?
>>
File: kiln.png (28KB, 634x754px) Image search: [Google]
kiln.png
28KB, 634x754px
>>386096914
>>
File: 1490286457496.jpg (42KB, 422x380px) Image search: [Google]
1490286457496.jpg
42KB, 422x380px
>>386089384
Alonne was so close to being a perfect fight, but they had to go and give him a fucking grab
>Stabs the air between my legs
>Teleported three feet backwards onto his katana
>>
>>386106842
i am talking bout u not the game.
it's more realistic. you can't sprint without delay.
plus if you run out of stamina you can't sprint till you are full again.
>>
>>386101250
Yeah. The series' obsession with poison swamps are so fucking annoying.
>>
>>386108512
Yes
>>
I loved it. My personal favorite souls game aside from Bloodborne.
>>
>>386108651
>plus if you run out of stamina you can't sprint till you are full again.
You can sprint regardless of how much stamina left. Done it many times.
>>
>>386108981
can you go try it right now cause i am not on my computer.
>>
>>386105009
>The combat is vastly superior in 3.
Combat in 3 is the worst out of all 5 games, by a large margin. The enemies are hyper-aggressive to the point of absurdity, none of them give a shit about their own self-preservation and they'll go swinging off into the distance with their ridiculous combo chains.

>3 is my favorite and does everything the best.
DaS3 doesn't do anything better than any other entry.
>>
>>386099749
Going back to DS1 recently and its insta-backstabs in pvp made me want to fucking die
>>
>>386108913
well guess what! i don't!
but since you do go try it. it was the one on the left as you come up the ladder from farron bonfire.
>>
>>386109163
The ONLY thing I can think of that Dark Souls 3 did "better", was the Boss Weapons. I mean, most of them are worthless, but there's a few good ones that trumps almost every other Boss weapon in the others.
>>
File: 1499912051259.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1499912051259.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>>386101735
>taking advice from /v/
>ever
>>
>>386101735
you sound just like me. i started with 3 then 1 but /v/ was shitting on 2 a lot. turns out it's my fav of the bunch.
>>
>>386101735
where do you think you are?
if you're taking this board's opinion into account, you deserve nothing
>>
>>386097593
oh shittttt dude this is every online experience for people that aren't mexican ds2 multiplayer btfoooooooo
>>
>>386109163
>enemies are too aggressive
you are not good at the game and blaming the games design as a result
>>386109373
>boss weapons are useless
you are not good at the game and blaming the games design as a result
>>
>>386109589
Why would you start with sequel instead of the original? Starting at 2 or 3 is stupid.

>>386109712
You are butthurt as fuck dude.
>>
>>386109589
adp is bad.
>>
File: thonkan2.png (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
thonkan2.png
5KB, 225x225px
Having replayed nearly the entire series recently, I can't help but notice that each of them has a specific movement input that occasionally messes up
>>DS1
>Trying to sprint around an enemy while locked on will usually make you roll
>>Haven't gotten to replaying DS2 yet but I'm sure there is something
>>DS3
>Attacking while moving forward will randomly make you kick
>>BB
>Trying to roll while running will often make you jump
Maybe I'm just retarded, or maybe the window for inputs is slightly adjusted between games, but all of these have been particularly consistent in their inconsistency (ESPECIALLY THE FUCKING DS3 KICK)
>>
>>386110132
>>DS3
>Attacking while moving forward will randomly make you kick
the reason thats happening is because youre holding L3 on accident and not noticing it
>>
>>386109856
>you are not good at the game and blaming the games design as a result
No. If you had any reading comprehension you'd have seen that I also said the enemies lack any self-preservation, meaning that they usually get themselves killed by being so retarded.

Also the AI in 3 is just fucking terrible in general. From banked far too much on enemies dealing high damage with sweeping attacks instead of programming decent pathing and spacial awareness. A lot of enemies just straight up run off of ledges and die in DaS3, or they'll attack you through walls if you're too close. These things didn't happen in DaS1 and 2 unless you specifically went out of your way to try and make them happen.
>>
I started a playthrough dual wielding hand axes and I have been having a blast

power stance > weapon skills
>>
>>386110132
dark souls 3 also has a ridiculous input queue. I fucking hate it
>>
>>386110095
cause 3 is the one i bought first?

>>386110096
adp is good
>>
>>386110303
Every game has that.
>>
>>386110801
it was never nearly as intrusive and obstructive as it is in 3
>>
>>386109856
Blaming the games design as a result that a good chunk of the boss weapons are quality based weapons. That some of them are easily outclassed by weapons in the same category, that share the same move set, yet do more damage? In fact, it's not just boss weapons that does this either. Besides that, I said MOST of them are worthless, and that's true. Unless this has been patched, There's no point in using Vordt's hammer over the Spiked Mace or Great Mace.

That meme "The only reason you could dislike something, is because you're bad at the game." needs to die, already. That's the thinking that made the Souls community even fucking worse.
>>
File: 1501798530995.jpg (111KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1501798530995.jpg
111KB, 600x600px
>>386101472
>posting webms of pvp
lol, if I was recently recording all the bullshit that happens during my SOTFS arena sessions I'd have like 3 GBS
Thread posts: 350
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.