[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did people hate this game again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: ffx2hd_2.jpg (490KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ffx2hd_2.jpg
490KB, 1280x720px
Why did people hate this game again?
>>
Poor design concept.

Boys can't like the game because it screams "GIRL POWER ^_^" at every moment

Girls can't like it because it looks like a fapbait.

That being said, this game is /v/-approved hidden gem mainly because it's the most polished ATB to date as well as okay light-hearted sidequests similar to FF5.
>>
>>386081659
nice chicks

bad story
>>
I want to impregnate Rikku and Paine.
>>
Shit story (but then again FF has never even once had a good plot consistently through an entire game), shit writing, job system was cool but its a boring grindfest, sphere break was poorly made, graphics sometimes look worse than FFX's, a continuation of a story that didn't really need continuation, etc.

It's the same reason every FF is shit, it's boring as fuck. To the blind FF fans, they probably don't like this game cause girls xD
>>
>>386081659
complete tonal shift from X, a serious somewhat melacholy story, to X-2, teenie bopper charlie's angels.

gameplay is one of the best in the series but it's overshadowed by questionable writing
>>
>>386082110
I liked the tone... I just think of it like the Star Trek IV of FF.
>>
I enjoyed the gurrrl power thing in the beginning then towards the end I didn't care much for the story and didn't bother changing dresses.
>>
I like the game but it's just plain boring. I don't even have it installed because the last time I played it I literally fell asleep.
>>
File: whatthehell.png (95KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
whatthehell.png
95KB, 350x197px
>>386083236
>I like the game but it's just plain boring
>>
OH POOPY
>>
>>386081659
PERMANENTLY
MISSABLE
STUFF
>>
File: 1486571863362.jpg (57KB, 288x289px) Image search: [Google]
1486571863362.jpg
57KB, 288x289px
>>386082093
Yes
>>
bought it on PS2 when it came out with the strategy guide, and played for about 2 hours and gave up. tried years later on PS3 using PS2 disc
gave up again. tried recently on steam gave up again

the whole time im playing i wish i was playing FFX
>>
>>386083458
this desu also the amount of autism required to get 100% is a huge turn off
>>
>>386083458
Really, this was "Missable stuff: the game".

>press X five times at certain points during this specific cutscene or you won't get 100%
>>
File: 1380479617657.jpg (49KB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
1380479617657.jpg
49KB, 720x400px
>turn on game
>WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU

>turn off game forever
>>
>>386081659
Girls in bikinis? No. No. It's fucking 2003, dude.
>>
File: 1473874717562.jpg (168KB, 818x997px) Image search: [Google]
1473874717562.jpg
168KB, 818x997px
>>386083432
Oh fuck I heard when reading.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAZThPdLxYM
WHAT
CAN
I
DO
FOR
YOU
?
>>
I wanna fuck Rikku.
>>
>>386083396
It's fun, but it's the kind of fun that literally puts me to sleep in the middle of combat. I don't know how to explain this, I figure anyone posting in a final fantasy thread already understands this from experience.

Let me try putting it this way, a game that happily sends me to sleep in the middle of the day is better than one that fills me with rage any day of the week. I'm not even dissing the game, just stating facts.
>>
>>386081659
Some of the music is awful. Chocobo theme for one, and that disgusting grunge guitar battle theme comes to mind.

At least the intro for that battle theme, the rest is okay.

It all sounds like music from 2000's, mostly because it is. Though a lot of the "good" final fantasy music is timeless. Really does not fit into a dscade of music.

I know this is a shitty point, I just really hate 2000's music
>>
>>386081659
Because its shit. Combat system is the only decent thing but that isn't enough to make up for the rest of the game.
>>
File: 1487573813001.png (463KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
1487573813001.png
463KB, 1070x601px
>>386083458

>Found out you get Samurai from the coastal town a few hours in
>But only during a very specific chapter In some random ass house
>mfw I'm on the second to last chapter looking for shit I might have missed with a guide

Playing old Final Fantasy games without a guide is suffering
>>
>>386083789
Yeah that was bullshit, there is literally no way of knowing you have to do that except by accident or a guide. I think you can mash the button during the scene at least

Also
>any part of the game
>dad walks in
>>
I only played it for a couple hours or so, but I hated the return of ATB.

>Select your attack
>5 seconds pass
>Enemy goes first anyway
>>
>>386081659
The premise was alright just being a wacky Charlie's Angels-esque globe-trotting adventure, but it was an odd shift in tone to follow FFX up with, and the cringe reaches unprecedented levels.

Thousand Words was good though.
>>
>>386085440
As far as I recall you basically just have to go to every location in every chapter and explore every spot again and you should get everything. Just a ton of repetition unless you use a guide
>>
>>386081659
Yuna went from pure maiden to gunslinging slut in a single game.
That shits just retarded.
>>
Mum walked in on the opening.
>>
i couldnt get used to the menus in battle
>>
>>386085957
There were two years in between.
>>
>>386085957
If you viewed the scene in the pool toward the later end lf the game as a metaphor for sex, then Yuna slept with someone she literally just met a less than a month ago. She was never a pure maiden.
>>
>>386081659
No yuri.
>>
>>386085957
>Yuna
>Pure
Anon...
>>
>>386081659

Yuna is shit.
Worst leading lady gets to be protag in the next game.

I'd rather play Wakka in some kind of anti Al-Bhed crusade with his right hand slut LuLu.
>>
>>386082093
i'm gonna impregnate yuna with twins just to spite you!
>>
Despite its flaws, it's still one of the better Final Fantasy games.

Also, it holds a special place in my heart due to being the last Squaresoft game.
>>
>>386087118
I was always told KH was the last one they made.

Have I always been lied to?

Fuck
>>
>>386081659
It's not a good continuation of events. Everyone wanted Tidus to come back and have a happy ending yet you have to 100% the game and that's almost impossible without a guide and he appears briefly.

You only play with 3 characters, you had a fuckton in the first game.

Story feels like mostly filler, like it doesn't matter until the end. Villains were a joke.

Most things that happened in Spira don't fulfill what the people wanted.

Those are the most common complains, everything else is top tier. It's the same reason DMC3 sold so little when it was great, DMC2 was so ass that people didn't want to give it a try, same here, the expectations weren't there and people dismissed the game and didn't give it a chance. It's a good, even a great game looking past its flaws that aren't even about gameplay, but too much shit surrounding that messed with it. It has the best job system ever with the dress spheres and it's got tons of turn based fast action that everyone praises.
>>
WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU
>>
x set the bar too high and i went in expecting more from the story
>>
>>386088336
Square and Enix merged 1 month after the JP release.
>>
>>386081659
Terrible OST, worst in the series yet.
sort of embarrassing Charlie's Angels meets Sailor Moon feel.
horrible design where you need to 100% the game to get the ending yet shit is easy to permanently miss without a guide.
Also game is way too easily broken into a billion pieces, alchemists are too OP
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.