[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

>>
No
the point of public relations and engaging the community is to create positive conversations
You can be no-nonsense all you want in the workplace, the steam forums aren't your workplace, they're an avenue of advertisement for your product. If you don't want to suck up to your audience, don't post in the steam forums. It's that simple. Otherwise you're actively damaging your company's image
>>
Well, yeah, you really shouldn't expect a finished product on Steam or from EA.
>>
>>386076060
LITERALLY who?
>>
what game?
>>
I read "EA" game as "Electronic Arts"

Anyways the mere fact that it's early access to begin with means whoever purchased it should at least have some say in what's going on, considering they aren't even getting a finished product. It doesn't mean you have to literally change everything to pander to them but you should at least be willing to take suggestions and criticisms considering that they're effectively funding your game.
>>
>>386076293
i don't have to like a company to like a game.
Only a twat decides in a non objective way when pondering any kind of purchase.
Artist =\= art, if a dued is being a dick doesn't mean he's good at doing what he does
>>
>>386076060
If this person were actually competent at what he says he does but was abrasive to the customer base then that persons boss isnt doing a good job "wrangling" his employees.

Should be told no social media as it pertains to work because hes a fucking child that refuses to use a modicum of tact.

That or find a new job if he cant shut his mouth.
>>
>>386076060
Bad attitude towards making games
Keeping a good morale (by not antagonizing your fans for example) makes for a better work environment
I don't know this fucking guy but he sounds like someone who can't handle pressure
>>
>>386076445
The Isle.
>>386076435
Seems to be primary dev for The Isle.
>>
>>386076509
>I read "EA" game as "Electronic Arts"
Same here. It still made sense.
>>
>>386077243
>The Isle
literally what
>>
File: 1501763759461.png (305KB, 758x693px) Image search: [Google]
1501763759461.png
305KB, 758x693px
He sounds like an autistic faggot. The purpose of EA is to get feedback from the community on what is/isn't working. If he doesn't want to listen, then why bother having the game be in EA?
>>
>>386076509
>It doesn't mean you have to literally change everything to pander to them
somehow this is what usually ends up happening

and it sounds retarded releasing 1/10th of a finished game, demand money for it and making it non-refundable, and at the same time let the vocal minority of your playerbase influence the development of it

i dunno if you ever played wow or have read the wow forums but people were saying "i'm a paying customer and i demand to be able to freely access end game content because of it" and people considered it a legitimate point, and as a result they implemented raid finder

you pay for the game the devs created, not for the game you personally want it to be
>>
>>386076060
>deliver a good game
It's a multiplayer open world survival #435123525
No one cares
>>
Please stop abbreviating early access as EA.
>>
File: 1493604521330.jpg (111KB, 1300x867px) Image search: [Google]
1493604521330.jpg
111KB, 1300x867px
>>386076060
>Game Dev: "I'm not going to suck your dick, fuck off"
>/v/: "REEEEE REEEEEEEEEEE HOW DARE YOU NOT BOW DOWN TO ME FOR PAYING 20$!!! YOU FUCKING JEWS, 20$ IS LITERALLY FUNDING YOUR ENTIRE BUDGET, I OWN YOU!"
>>
>>386077538
Quick Cash infuse to fund your game
>>
>>386076060
The only justification for EA games is releasing a GOOD feature complete game and only using EA to react to the size of your actual market and adding features to the game based on that market size.
>>
File: 63786536_p1.jpg (101KB, 681x900px) Image search: [Google]
63786536_p1.jpg
101KB, 681x900px
>>386078190
The reason to released EA is to get feed back and make the game 10x more polished I consider Larien studios the model on EA.
>>
>>386077837
Hi Dondi, your game sucks
>>
>>386077561
>i dunno if you ever played wow or have read the wow forums but people were saying "i'm a paying customer and i demand to be able to freely access end game content because of it" and people considered it a legitimate point, and as a result they implemented raid finder
Blizz was catering to those kind of people way before raid finder. Even giving them jobs in high-end positions.
>>
>>386076602
You don't understand advertising, or any form of PR. What you said is the exact opposite in any given business. The artist is the art.In any business your run, you are the face of it, and what you do impacts that product because the uninformed masses go to you first. Why would someone buy a game, if the person selling it to them is an asshole; why should they give him money?
>>
>>386076293
this
>>386076602
this is an extremely naive way of painting an audience. that all (or even most) would be able to seperate someone from their product. I do agree but the reality is far from that, and its a bitter pill that all companies need to swallow. If the head of Coca Cola went on a killing spree of blind deaf jewish orphans, you couldnt just say "like, seperate the artist from the art bro" sure some people will see through it understanding that there is more to it than a single man doing wrong, that many jobs within the business exist, and to deny a sale for the acts of one man is foolish, BUT, thats not the way the world works, people love to be spiteful and petty. also the isle sucks dick
>>
File: 1484096131499.jpg (32KB, 286x281px) Image search: [Google]
1484096131499.jpg
32KB, 286x281px
>>386076060
>buying into early access garbage
>ever
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.