[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I already finished MGS1 and am now playing MGS2 as Raiden. Am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 250px-MGS_HD_NA_Boxart_X360.jpg (24KB, 250x299px) Image search: [Google]
250px-MGS_HD_NA_Boxart_X360.jpg
24KB, 250x299px
I already finished MGS1 and am now playing MGS2 as Raiden. Am I playing this series right? Should I play chronologically or release date?
>>
Play them on release order and leave the psp ones for last
>>
>>386071756
wut no
Kojima himself said play on chronologically
>>
Release order. Always.
How many years have we and everyone else said this?

>>386071824
no he didn't. And the series REALLY does not work well in chronological order, especially if it's your first time.
>>
>>386071340
Release order.

MGS1, MGS2, MGS3, MGS4, MGS Peace Walker, MGSV Ground Zeroes, MGSV The Phantom Pain.
>>
File: The Order to play MGS games.jpg (2MB, 2398x3442px) Image search: [Google]
The Order to play MGS games.jpg
2MB, 2398x3442px
>>386071340
Release order. Pic related. You can forget about TPP.

That being said, you DID play the Tanker mission as Snake first in MGS2, didnt you?
>>
>>386072085
Is portable ops significant to the story too?
>>
>>386072148
Yea I did the tanker. Fucking horribly cause I had to get used to the shooting mechanics which killed me a lot but I did beat it. Now I'm slipping on bird shit as Raiden
>>
>>386072171
Not really. Kojima said something along the lines of "it's semi-canon". Then he proceeded to make Peace Walker which had a dogshit story that caused TPP to have a dogshit story as well since it's a continuation of it.
>>
>>386072449
>Then he proceeded to make Peace Walker which had a dogshit story
Fuck off. PW and its plot was fucking great, and GZ was a damn good example of what COULD HAVE BEEN, had Konami not cucked the entire TPP project half way through and released it pre-maturely.
>>
>>386072791
>Humans can not be trusted to push the button in retaliation
>So we need to create and AI that is a perfect replication of a human to manage nuclear retaliation.
I has some logic issues.
>>
>>386072791
Alright I'm partly through TPP and everything seems fine right now. Without spoilers can you tell me what happens that pisses you and a lot of people off?
>>
>>386072791
You can defend the plot if you want but there's no defending the braindead stealth and those atrocious fucking vehicle fights. Whoever came up with those should be shot and if you actually think those were good you should probably be shot too.
>>
Why bother when MGS1 and MGS2 are the only good ones in the series? Get ready to set yourself up to some disappointment OP.
>>
>>386073558
But three is pretty good
>>
>>386072148
>MGR
>canon
kek
>>
Why would anyone play this out of order? We all played in release date when they came out.
>>
File: 1443952500037.jpg (188KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1443952500037.jpg
188KB, 600x450px
>chronological order fags
>>
>>386073558

This to be honest. Everything after 2 is pretty meh.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.