[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

What went wrong?
>>
i forgot this game even existed.
>>
>>386065950
It tried to be Battlefield instead of Enemy Territory.
>>
>>386065950
Play Strogg or go home: The Game
>>
>>386066159
What set enemy territory apart from battlefield?
>>
>>386066281
BF had vehicles and much larger maps.
>>
>>386066445
wasn't there like atv's and shit? I just remember it being super janky.
>>
>>386066445
i liked the inclusion of vehicles in that game though the strogg tech was cool
>>
>>386066445
Is that particularly a bad thing to emulate? I thought QW was pretty fun, and there were interior sections that had more close quarters combat.
>>
>>386066557
yeah that was its problem I was always getting weird lag the netcode seemed god awful which sucks cause it seemed fine in the demo. I think this game came out too late though most of the quake 2 fans had already grown up as quake 2 came out like 10 years earlier and this game didnt pull in enough of the battlefield crowd.
>>
I found it really funny how Quake 4 showed us Stroggification but the Quake Wars trailer showed "stroggification"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SivYn12bpo0
>>
>>386065950
rip, loved this one. demo made me buy full version, had a blast despite population dying, then it went down to the point where it cant be revived. I believe custom maps could have given it a year or two more, other than that, rip
>>
>>386066875
I bought the full version too because of the demo i wish this game was on steam I would really love to play it again
>>
I played the demo for hundreds of hours, I think it was very underrated
>>
>>386067176
no point mate, servers are dead, and even botmatches suck because they are locked to 30fps. I still got it installed for nostalgia sake but its dead as fuck
>>
>>386067294
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE god thats sad I wish there was a community patch or they would just release it for free like wolfenstein enemy territory
>>
>>386067294
Sure, there's no global server, but you can still connect by IP. Shit, even MW:LL gets around that by someone maintaining a master server list on their own after the gamespy shutdown.
>>
QW is still one of the most tightly designed and balanced team-based shooters out there. One of the few games where you can always expect solid teamwork even with randoms because the gameplay systems are finely tuned to encourage it.
>>
>>386069257
god damn it thats why it pains me so much that it is dead
>>
If QW had the maps the size of BF2 it could've been great, QW had everything:

- interesting maps each one with different segments and objectives
- lots of veichles which were strong but not retarded strong as in BF2
- Strogg weren't just a mirror of the EDF and vice versa, each one had their own veichles and classes with different equipment and functions.
- each game felt like a campaign

what ruined this game for me was the absolute terrible netcode, tiny community as BF2 was a lot more popular, the game ran like shit back then and not so many people could run it, BF2 was simply much more accessibile.
This game didnt deserve the end it got, shame.
>>
>>386065950
humans were boring as shit and strogg had all the cool stuff
>>
>>386067294
only the master server is dead you can find a serve list online I saw a german server with 5 people in it earlier, would be pretty fun to play with you guys and some bots.
>>
do you think we could get a /v/ server going?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.