[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nioh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1845.jpg (588KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1845.jpg
588KB, 1920x1080px
I loved Bloodborne and I like Dark Souls 3. Will I like this?
>>
Probably. Just remember it's not exactly the same thing.
>>
>>386065421
You'll love it.
>>
It's poor man's dark souls brought to you by the team that killed ninja gaiden
>>
>>386065421
Yes
>>
It's okay, lacks enemy variety & has loot from Diablo as it's biggest issues

It's a solid 7/10 imo, people hyping it up as the next BB hurt it a lot because tons went in expecting GOTY & just got something pretty good
>>
>>386065421
Its like dark souls if it had one type of level and 3 enemy types
>>
>>386065687
When did this meme start?
>>
>>386065421
It's okay. Combat mechanics are enough to keep you engaged until the end. Level design is a weak point. People give it shit for enemy variety but I think it's not too much of a problem.
>>
its shit
>>
>>386065913
The level design is very good and better than Souls, though. It's got more shortcuts and branches per level than Souls does by far.
>>
It's only slightly less bad than lords of the fallen.
>>386065750
Probably around the time the game came out with no level or enemy variety.
>>
is this game hard? will it wreck my little pissbaby asshole?
>>
>>386065421
Non meme answer: It's fun for a playthrough, but after a while you'll notice there's very few enemy types(at least when I played last, I don't know if the DLCs added any new enemies), and inventory management is kind of a slog unless you just don't care about stats.
The game drowns you in tons of items with randomized stats, and honestly I would've preferred if they just went the way of DaS and made the items static.
>>
>>386065421

Just don't use magic or living weapon and you'll enjoy it.
>>
>>386065421
It's my game of the year, but it leans really heavily on the combat. If you only play souls for the atmopshere or whatever it might not do it for you.
>>
The RPG mechanics interfere with the action more than in Souls, so stay ready for that.
>>
>>386065750
>>386065687

It's not really a meme. The actual enemy variety in terms of design is pretty solid, but they ALL play the same: big guy swinging weapon. Imagine the issues for Dark Souls bosses but for normal enemies. The addition of the enemies from the DLC in normal levels is really nice and makes it feel much better, but you shouldn't have to go to NG+++ to fix the problems the game already has.

I still love the game
>>
>>386066734
The combat mechanics for how you deal with those enemies is much deeper than in Souls though, which is what counts.
>>
>>386066550
>>386065913

The combat is bar none its strongest suit. The 1v1 duels against human samurai are without a doubt the best parts of the game. Despite all being human they all play wildly differently, but it never feels unfair because their moves are moves the player can do, just souped up and given their own special flair.
>>
>>386065421
if you like the old japan setting?
its dark souls, but faster and you even get three stances for each weapon type.
>>
>>386066586
>>386066385

Yeah, the inventory management is just atrocious. I gave up around the second region. I just sold everything I actually found and just used weapons and armor given to me for quest rewards. It felt much more satisfying and it really feels like how it was meant to be played. I half think the loot system was an afterthought tacked out without any regard for how it actually performed.
>>
A game more focused on its combat mechanics than anything, because they are top notch. I love it, not everyone does.
>>
>>386066734
>>386066826

Enemy design also has personality, Ninjas are sneaky and often play tricks on you while Ogres go HAM while leaving very little open windows to counter attack. In souls games any enemy can be sneaky or attack at random, in NioH each enemy does its own thing.
>>
>>386067091
All you do is skim for a decent item, hit the lock button then do sell all. It's pretty straightforward once you know what you're doing.
>>
>>386067091
most of them get useless anyway pretty quick until you get level 150 green weapons/gear. then you can try going for sets and what not
>>
>>386065421
I did. I'm not sure if I'll ever enjoy the combat in Souls or Bloodborne as much thanks to Nioh.
>>
How is this game compared to the surge?
>>
>>386066072
No it doesnt. It has a good amount of shortcuts and the level design is certainly good, but the game world is not nearly as engaging to travel through as souls
>>
>>386068738
What does "engaging" mean to you in this instance.
>>
>>386068586

Much better

>>386069097

The shortcuts feel less meaningful since there seems to be one after every encounter. Plus, the settings get boring after a while. The first region in the game you're playing through a fishing village, a deep cavern, and then underground ruins. I thought the game would keep up the variety. Instead, however, we just end up getting Japanese temples and castles over and over again. The only level I really remember is the final one, because it took the concept and went crazy with it.
>>
>>386069591
Sekigahara was sick.
>>
>>386069663

Yoshimitsu and Sakon were excellent fight, but most of Sekigahara was a big field and sniping people from behind.
>>
>>386065421
If you liked Ninja Gaiden too, yes. If not, probably not.
>>
>>386065421
Yeah the combat is much better
>>
>>386071302
It was just a cool setting for a level, especially if you know the history at all.
>>
It's a lot of fun
>>
Don't

It will burst the bubble of wonder of actual good souls games
>>
maria transformation when
>>
Just bought the season pass since so far the game has been really fun and it was on sale.
Are the DLCs postgame content or can they be started whenever?
>>
>>386073456

DLCs are postgame chapters focusing on the Ieyasu cementing his rule by allying with Date Masamune and performing the Siege of Osaka. However, you can use the weapon types, skills, and new items from the very start.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.