[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thief thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: THIEF_GUIDE_0.jpg (4MB, 1400x4537px) Image search: [Google]
THIEF_GUIDE_0.jpg
4MB, 1400x4537px
Thief thread
Post favorite
>Game
>Mission
>Character
>Mission type
>Fan mission
>>
File: Thief_fan_missions1.png (1MB, 1269x1089px) Image search: [Google]
Thief_fan_missions1.png
1MB, 1269x1089px
I'll start:
>Thief Gold
>The sword
>Viktoria
>Pagan
>Trail of Blood 2
>>
I can't deal with how labyrinthine the levels are in thief. They're so long they take hours to complete in a single sitting and if I try to leave a level half done by the time I come back to it I can't remember where I've been or where I'm going. I just want to steal shit, not navigate mazes.
>>
>>386058469
That was a problem for me at first as well. I gave up on the first mission for months before I went back and powered through it.
>>
>>386058634
I've played the first 5 or 6 levels. My favourite so far was down in the bonehoard because there were more enemies and traps than there were resources to deal with them. I think the problem I've had with the other levels is that it's too easy to just blackjack everybody and then be left alone in an empty maze. Bonehoard felt tense and atmospheric from start to finish because there were constant threats.
>>
>>386058998
Funny, I liked bonehoard but it gets a lot of shit because some people don't like dealing with zombies. Since I was retarded I didn't realize blackjack even existed until the second half of the game so pretty much all levels were that tense.
>>
>>386058469
There are some levels that are very intentionally labyrinthine (e.g. The Bonehoard which took me 3 hours to complete on my first attempt) but most missions aren't too bad as long as you use the compass and use landmarks like kitchens or guard towers to orient yourself. I like to pick up random objects and drop them in areas I've already been to cut down on backtracking.
>>
>>386058469
Also worth noting that the maps in Thief 2 are WAY more thorough, which I didn't like because it felt like handholding but it's much easier to navigate.
>>
>religiously only play Thief at night
>recently got a night-time shift
just waiting for Friday night desu.
>>
>>386059405
>I like to pick up random objects and drop them in areas I've already been to cut down on backtracking.
That's a nice idea anon I"m gonna try that next time I boot thief up.
>>
Hows Deadly Shadows? I have that lurking in my library but have never played it, and everyone always talks about 1 and 2 only.
>>
>>386059737
This. If the mission is dark or at night I have to play it at night.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.