[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Venom > Big Boss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

Venom > Big Boss
>>
dung > turd
but you don't see me praising one of two brands of shit
>>
Big Boss
>crybaby who gets put into comas every week
>relies on others to build up his legend
>most likely autistic, would probably keep mentioning The Boss during sex
>knows Russian
>wants to make the world a place dominated by war
>betrayed Kaz

Venom Snake
>loves puppies
>hates Kikongo
>single handedly built up the legend of Big Boss
>cares about his fellow soldiers
>understands what The Boss's will actually is
>>
>>386057325
I never played a MGS game and have a question. Why do they look so much alike.
>>
>>386057771
>Venom
>anything but an automaton
>>
>>386057881
t. shitter who doesn't know what loss does to a man's psyche
>>
>>386058016
What's the point of this post?
>>
>>386057849
Venom Snake is Big Boss's Phantom
>>
>>386058170
But what does that mean
>>
File: 1499341011000.jpg (56KB, 340x565px) Image search: [Google]
1499341011000.jpg
56KB, 340x565px
>>386057849
play the vidya
>>
Naked is heads, Venom is tails, the coin is Big Boss.
>>
>>386058316
deep
>>
File: 1473063744424_20161215121205904.jpg (2MB, 1623x2886px) Image search: [Google]
1473063744424_20161215121205904.jpg
2MB, 1623x2886px
They're both part of the dullest franchise in the history of game franchises. Each episode following the one eyed undercover agent and his pals from FOXHOUND as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the anime humour, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of cutscenes, all to make the games seem like a movie, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Kojima vetoed the idea of someone talented directing the series; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his other games (Snatcher/Policenauts). The Metal Gear series might be anti-gaming (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Splinter Cell series in its refusal of wonder, good storytelling and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the writing and themes were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the themes were terrible. As I played, I noticed that every game ends with the same Anti Nuclear message.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that ending was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Kojima's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Metal Gear Solid by the same J.J. Abrams. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these manchildren are playing Metal Gear Solid at 18 or 20, then when they get older they will go on to watch J.J. Abrams." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Metal Gear" you are, in fact, trained to watch J.J. Abrams.
>>
>>386058206
Venom snake was a medic working with Big Boss. His appearance was surgically altered to make him look like Big Boss so that Boss could sneak away and work in the shadows while Venom maintained his public image.
>>
File: 1476726964984.jpg (31KB, 357x370px) Image search: [Google]
1476726964984.jpg
31KB, 357x370px
>>386057849
>>
>>386058206
Spoilers for Phantom Pain, but in Ground Zeroes (the prequel released a full year before MGSV), Big Boss and a medic who works for MSF are both in the same chopper and get totally rocked by Cipher. You get put into a coma for nine years in a hospital in Cyprus along with Big Boss and get facial reconstruction surgery so that you look just like him and are mentally conditioned to believe you are him. So in essence you (the player) are Venom Snake and go through the events of MGSV while Big Boss is having his own adventures building his own army. There's a SLIGHT chance Kojimbo could've salvaged a story like this if he had another year or so to put more cutscenes or restructure the story, but he just didn't have time.
>>
>>386057881
>Man was blown up to fuck and ended up with the bones and teeth of his friends in his skull
>Goes into a coma for 9 fucking years
>Wakes up and is almost killed, then rescued and chased by a man covered in flames, then thrown into a massive revenge boner plot within days

Gee I wonder why he seems distant? Maybe its because he has no fucking clue what is going on.
>>
File: stefanie-joosten-bikini.jpg (102KB, 374x590px) Image search: [Google]
stefanie-joosten-bikini.jpg
102KB, 374x590px
Venom definitely has the superior waifu
>>
>>386058915
See >>386058156
>>
>>386057771
Nobody understands what the Boss' will actually is, except ironically it is achieved by Solid Snake who doesn't even know she existed.
>>
File: 1396035711839.jpg (35KB, 307x326px) Image search: [Google]
1396035711839.jpg
35KB, 307x326px
Punished Venom is literally a blank vessel for player OC Mary Sue insertion into the MGSverse.
He is a noncharacter.
>>
>>386059308
From the parts we do see of his personality he seems far more level headed than Big Boss.
>>
Did Big Boss ever do this?

No, he did not. Automatic loss.
>>
>>386059308
Venom
>cares about his soldiers to the point he turned their ashes into diamonds
>cares about children enough to give them a proper education
>cares about his own children, as proven by the cut content when he accidentally shot Liquid

Naked Snake
>ruined Venom's and Kaz's life and sacrificed an entire hospital for the sake of making Venom believe a lie
>willingly accepted child soldiers
>"They're no sons of mine"

Venom > Big Boss
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.