[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Darkest Dungeon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: Anal Xploration.jpg (326KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Anal Xploration.jpg
326KB, 1920x1080px
Loving this game!
Whats your go-to combination of heroes?
>>
>>386053521
MaA in p4, Healer p3, Highwayman p2, Crusader p1.

Most OP group in the game. Google it, have back line heal and buff constantly while front 2 fuck everything up
>>
huh, never thought about the MaA in p4
>>
I just went with 1 of everything with a few extra vestals and occultists. Then once I had the town upgrades I started with the meme teams like 4 graverobbers or 4 occultists. Best line up is crusader, man at arms, plague doctor, vestal.
>>
>>386056227
hes just a buffer/debuffer and protects from the back with his taunt. try it, its a good line up.
>>
File: 1499242209698.png (551KB, 797x465px) Image search: [Google]
1499242209698.png
551KB, 797x465px
Leper is great if you give him acc buffs.
Highway man is good for taking out back targets
Then I usually have an occultist or a vestel, and a plague doctor
>>
>>386054907
I prefer MaA up front. Rampart is great and combining Defender with Retribution can be amazing. Also Bellow can't be used from the back row and is better than Command or Bolster.
>>
>>386056227
He has a trinket that gives him a bunch of buffs if he's in position 4, and you can use all your buffs from back there. Only problem is you can't attack.
>>
File: 20170731231743_1.jpg (424KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170731231743_1.jpg
424KB, 1920x1080px
>>386053521
Occ-Plagu-BH/Houndmaster/Flagellant-Hellion
>>
>>386054907
Enjoy stress
>>
>>386053521
My favorite setup:

4: Vestal
>healer obviously, might do some stunning with Dazzling Light or using Judgement for a bit of damage
3: variable
>depending on what I have available and what I'm going to face, though I often use a Houndmaster, Occultist, or Plague Doc
2: Crusader
>Good all-round frontliner. Deals good damage, takes hits and can stress-heal.
1: Highwayman
>Opening a fight with Point-Blank Shot is great, and Duelist's Advance is underrated as fuck (plus it gets him right back for another PBS)

Though half the fun of Darkest Dungeon is trying different setups and making them work for you. For example I'm a big fan of the Bounty Hunter, Hellion and Abomination as well. The Abomination is especially interesting since it forces you to exclude the best healer in the game (Vestal) who is otherwise a big asset to any party.

Mark-focused parties (for example Arbalest-Occultist-Houndmaster-Bounty Hunter) are a lot of fun as well.
>>
>>386053521
Leper, Crusader, Grave Robber, Vestal/Occultist
DPS all day every day motherfuckers
>>
File: graverobber.jpg (646KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
graverobber.jpg
646KB, 1280x1707px
How good is dodge good in full light Champion dungeons?

I was watching FilthyRobot's tutorials and he rips on dodge a lot because apparently you can't dodge shit in 0 light. But since I don't intend to do that, I'm not sure this still applies.
>>
>>386059046
>equip dodge cloaks
>bring Man-at-arms or antiquarian (lmao)
>never get hit

works pretty well
>>
>>386053521
Occultist/Bounty Hunter/Grave Robber/Highwayman Master race.

The loops you can do with this and the ability to move everything is insane.
>>
>>386059046
You gotta stack it. Antiquarian, MaA, HM guard.

HwM riposte with anti's protect me is the current meme. Shits out damage.
>>
>>386059046
Dodge tends to get worse as the game gets harder, but in most situations outside the highest difficulty it's still very useful, especially if you stack a lot of it.

The main problem (in my opinion anyway) isn't that it's bad, but that it's unreliable. Dodging everything that gets thrown at you is amazing, but when dodge is your main line of defense you're gonna get assfucked when the RNG decides to turn against you.
>>
>>386059437
>not bringing an antiquarian on every run
It's like you hate money, goy
>>
>>386061578
Bringing Antiquarians outside of short runs tends to be a waste of a slot IMO. In short runs you can make mad bank with an Antiquarian, but in medium or long runs you get so much shit you don't even have enough room in your inventory for half of it, so gimping yourself with a shit character just to get even more loot is completely pointless.
>>
File: 702px-Templar_Impaler.png (276KB, 702x600px) Image search: [Google]
702px-Templar_Impaler.png
276KB, 702x600px
Having fun? We'll see about that.
>>
File: 1495124627929.jpg (37KB, 483x504px) Image search: [Google]
1495124627929.jpg
37KB, 483x504px
>>386061761
The blight dot is insane.
>>
File: 1388087882797.png (258KB, 468x246px) Image search: [Google]
1388087882797.png
258KB, 468x246px
>>386053521
I mostly hang out in the coves to get loot and advance the weeks. My standard team is Leper (1), Grave Robber (2), Plague Doctor (3), and Occultist (4). It has a good balance of damage and utility with less focus on stress recovery. Diseases are no sweat because of the grave robber's double disease heal and the plague doc's self and target disease heal. Even if the entire party gets diseased a single bonfire can clear the team.
Leper has solid damage with the ability to lower protection % which is great in the coves. Can also self heal and self stress heal as well as put himself over 80% protection and self-marked if you need to stall for heals.
Grave Robber has the single stun for trickier encounters as well as the double daggers for middle enemies. good damage output and maneuverability.
Plague doc with quickdraw and on guard lets her get that valuable turn-1 double stun and everyone else cleans house. Medicine comes in handy. In that slot you can also supplement melee damage or poison enemies.
Occultist is the healer of course, but the debuffs are important. The double back attack that does bonus to eldritch is great in the coves too.
>>
>>386061551
What are you talking about? You can get well over 50% dodge on many characters and meme your way through champ dungeons, if anything it gets better the farther you go because you can stack it higher
>>
>>386062579
>Get to third Darkest Dungeon mission
>get hit with 12 damage, 8 DOT blight
I brought 12 antidotes and it still wasn't enough.
>>
>>386062926
>You can get well over 50% dodge on many characters and meme your way through champ dungeons
And two unlucky hits can still ruin you.

> if anything it gets better the farther you go because you can stack it higher
When enemies have like 140 Accuracy, 50 dodge is exactly the same as 0 dodge since accuracy caps at 90 anyway. Strong enemies on high difficulty tend to have big accuracy bonuses, so stacking dodge vs them is way less effective than it is at the easy difficulties.
>>
>>386063113
That's not how it works anon, dodge takes priority over accuracy, and if you're talking about getting unlucky, you're going to get unlucky doing anything else too, at least with dodge stacking you miss out on a ton of stress/blight/bleed that +prot and other defense strategies do nothing about.
>>
>>386063313
>That's not how it works anon
It is.

>if you're talking about getting unlucky, you're going to get unlucky doing anything else too
Which is exactly why it's better to focus on strategies that don't rely as much on luck.
>>
>>386063313
>That's not how it works anon, dodge takes priority over accuracy
Accuracy, abbreviated as ACC, is the overall chance of landing offensive abilities. The final chance of hitting an enemy is given by the base accuracy of the ability, depending on its upgrade tier, modified by any quirk, trinket, buff, debuff, and the hero's accuracy modifier, minus the target's dodge: the resulting value is a percentile number that cannot, in any case, exceed 90%.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.