[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did she died?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

Did she died?
>>
>>386052125
no
>>
>>386052125
yes
>>
>>386052125
maybe
>>
She sacrificed herself for love
>>
>>386052641
i dont know
>>
>>386053078
>Venom Snake gets old
How old is Quiet?
>>
The whole falling in love with Venom is such bullshit. I know the rhetoric is that she's a terrible shoe horned chara but I feel the need to state how pointless her being in the game was. Of course I find Stef attractive but she could not be in the game and it would not bother me at all. Also can you get her back in the definitive edition at the moment?
>>
>>386055249
It would actually make sense that her appearance doesnt change since her entire skin is made of parasites
>>
>>386054315
can you repeat the question?
>>
>>386052125
Most likely, as sad as it is. Kojima intentionally wanted it to be ambiguous.
>>386055249
Late twenties, but the reason she doesn't age in the picture with Venom on his deathbed is because he is hallucinating her as an angel, taking his soul as the NATO airstrike on Outer Heaven commences.
>>
>>386056346
You're not The Boss
>>
>>386052125
Yes, to say otherwise is just an asspull.
>>
>>386052125
>Did she died?
She never existed.
>>
Yes, her parasites activated once she spoke English to radio in the chopper to save Venom.

Even though the chopper pilot understand what language she was speaking before.
>>
>>386056846
She didn't speak another language m8
>>
>>386057040
She spoke the same language as the old scientist man.
>>
>>386057087
Oh aye.

Still though, the guy in the helicopter didn't speak that language.
>>
>>386056846
>>386057040

It didn't matter that whole sequence was fucking retarded. The story of MGS5 made it a point that by mission 45 Mother base was made up of soldiers from all over the world and basically had every language in the world from even the various click clacks in Africa. If the pilot didn't understand what she was saying he could have dialed any one of the various characters on call at all times and said "Hey I can't understand what this responder is saying, can any one of the hundreds of different language speakers help me identify what this is?"
>>
File: 1497750334572.png (136KB, 626x258px) Image search: [Google]
1497750334572.png
136KB, 626x258px
>>386056085
I don't think I could disagree with this post harder if I tried.
>Quiet is pointless in the game
This entire point is invalidated as soon as you factor in her and Venom becoming either war buddies or lovers. Venom is Big Boss's moral opposite by the time of Phantom Pain, and psychologically instills much more weight to his own actions than the real deal, even when you don't factor in the blatant PTSD, and other mental issues caused by the trauma, hypnosis, and existential crisis. Venom was already fucked up in the head and feels soul-crushing remorse for not being able to save a double agent who actively worked against the MSF (Paz). If he is traumatized by an enemy, imagine what happens when he feels the loss and responsibility of losing those he grows close to. At this point in the game, he has already been forced to euthanize his own men, lose his love interest without admitting his feelings or saying goodbye, and just after this: He realizes he was sold out by the real Big Boss, and he ends up believing he accidentally killed Eli/Liquid Snake. This is all supposed to lead to his disillusionment with Outer Heaven and the snap in his mind that leads up to the MSX games.
>the whole falling in love with Venom is such bullshit
Quiet's entire story could've been executed a lot better, including her relationship with Venom, but her falling in love with Venom makes perfect sense, and it's not even the most illogical crush/relationship in this series, let alone just with someone we're led to believe is Big Boss.
>>
This was meant to be a quietfag retread thread, wasn't it?
>>
>>386057445
Did you losten to Code Talker's tapes? He says the Navajo language was virtually wiped out because they were all forced to speak English instead and were punished for speaking Navajo. Pequod probably had no idea what Quiet was saying and by the time he got around to Code Talker to translate it would be too late and Venom would have died.
>>
>>386052125
«I am Quiet. I am… the absence of words. Holding her hand to the chest, she apologized to those that were barely born. I’m sorry, I can’t let you out. You are to vanish with me. Quiet poured the liquid in the plastic container over herself and lit herself on fire with Big Boss’ lighter.»
>>
>>386057601
None of what your chubby little cheeto encrusted fingers pounded out is even remotely relevant? You literally just said 'no she isn't because look how screwed up Venom is' what does that have to do with anything neckbeard? On your second point it is bullshit, you go from her trying to snipe you to falling in love with you, it is totally nonsensical and arbitrary.
>>
>>386052125
what the fuck was the point of her not talking when she did talk after she left?
>>
>>386057727
No, I just finished this mission about an hour before I posted the thread and genuinely would like to know. I grew fond of Quiet throughout the game and I'm sad that she had to leave.

I know you can get her back but it seems wrong.
>>
File: Did-You-Rike-It.png (379KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Did-You-Rike-It.png
379KB, 720x405px
>>386057445
This desu. As great of an idea as it is for Quiet to finally speak and in doing so, sacrifice herself for Venom, "A Quiet Exit" pissed me off from a storytelling perspective more than any other moment in the game. The radio sequence with Pequod is beyond fucking retarded when you factor in the question: "Where are Kaz and Code Talker? Code Talker was in the room with Kaz, and Kaz is always on the same frequency as Pequod. How aren't they on the line and translating Quiet's Navajo?" And shockingly, that's not even the dumbest thing to happen in the mission. Pic related is the dumbest thing to happen in the mission.
>>
>>386052125
>did she die

Look into the fucking lore dipshit. Everyone is technically dead in the Metal Gear Universe. Dying only evolves the rational that helps enforce the woken state of mind that is controlled by the Micito Machines as explored in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
>>
>>386058120
She didn't know if her parasites had mutated or could mutate. She knew that she could never speak English or anyone that came into contact with her could potentially catch a mutant strain and die, she she left Motherbase intending on just living alone forever and never speaking. By speaking English to save Venom's life she sarificed her own and sealed her doom.
>>
She never existed
Ruse is real
>>
>>386058359
could she just fake an accent
magical parasytes are the dumbest shit
>>
File: 1479692278185.jpg (103KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1479692278185.jpg
103KB, 774x1032px
Who cares, I fucking hated her. She wasn't interesting. D Dog was a better bud. They tried so hard to make me like her but her whole thing was pretty much just Kaz bitching.
>>
>>386058059
Unironically kill yourself, retard.
>what does Venom being screwed up have to do with anything?
It completely invalidates your point about Quiet being insignificant in the plot. Venom is intended to fall from grace/descend into villainy/mentally snap and become a puppet of the real Big Boss. If he is traumatized by the loss of an enemy, the loss of a friend or lover with no closure and feeling responsible for it is bound to send him over the edge and help lead to his inevitable downfall, as the plot demands.
>you go from her trying to snipe you to falling in love with you
It's not instantaneous. They are supposed to bond when working out in the field, and if you ask why they would even cooperate after she just tried sniping him: Why do ANY of the soldiers you fulton work for you? Why does Revolver Ocelot go into an elaborate ruse that spans the whole series to befriend and protect a man who beat his ass repeatedly in the sixties? It's just something you roll with in the series, like when characters break the fourth wall or use magic in a setting that tries to use military realism.
>>
>>386058648
>could she just fake an accent
No because the parasites react to the sounds made when English is spoken.

They're no more retarded than magical nanomachines. It's Metal Gear Solid, cheesy retardedness is what the game is built on.
>>
>>386058359
So wait, why didn't she just learn a different language to English then? Or why didn't code talker tell snake so he could try and learn Navajo?

It's been a while so I these might have been addressed in the game and I just forgot though.
>>
>>386058904
>generic neckbeard internet insult.

Quiet had almost no bearing on that whatsoever, the descent was obvious and observable for a multitude of reason, quiet was just a pointless one and you're clutching at straw. You don't go from trying to kill someone to fancying popping out into the field and 'bonding' with them you fucking spacker. Gameplay mechanics son, please see the way Campbell and Big Boss recruit the first soldier in PO you insufferable waste of time. And revolver Ocelot is literally the most fucking straw clutching and absolutely retarded point to bring up, he admired BB from square one and was later so intertwined with different organisation he would have had good reason to side with boss. I won't just roll with the most pointless character and your cringey attempts at justifying some aestheticly mediocre person being shoe horned into the Metal Gear Universe because you're an inept basement dweller slapping your meat with greasy cheeto fingers to a skimpily clad nonsensical bitch.
>>
Quietfag LEAVE
>>
>>386059792
Every other language except Navajo has parasites. There is no guarantee that Quiet hasn't been infected with them. Others on MB got the cure for them to stop the parasites reproducing but Quiet never did because it wouldn't work on her or may even kill her by killing her parasites which enable her to breathe (her lungs are deep fried).

I think the time between Code Talker finding out she spoke Navajo and the mutations occurring/Quiet leaving is very short, so there wasn't enough time to learn. Also for whatever reason he never told them that Quiet could speak Navajo.
>>
>>386059792
>why didn't she just learn a different language to English?
She did. Navajo.
>why didn't code talker tell snake so he could try and learn Navajo?
The same reason Code Talker told Snake the only reason Quiet didn't want the wolbachia cure was because she still wanted revenge on Snake on some level, when in actuality the cure would most likely kill her. It's because he's kind of an asshole.
>>
Remember how the parasites kill you? That's right, they destroy your lungs. How many lungs does Quiet have? None? Well then I guess she wouldn't die.

If you follow the internal logic, the she isn't dead, but the whole game just makes excuses and doesn't like being particularly consistent so she's 100% dead, buried in the desert sand.
>>
>>386060785
I meant more learning a language other then English or Navajo.
>>
File: BuF_IJ_CEAAHxjM.jpg large.jpg (59KB, 709x1060px) Image search: [Google]
BuF_IJ_CEAAHxjM.jpg large.jpg
59KB, 709x1060px
In the MGSV novel that came out in japan, that runs through the events of the game.
The writer had put in a scene in the book where Quiet has a gas tank and sets herself on fire to kill the parasites after she walks away from venom leaving only the cassette tape in the tree.
>>
>>386061043
Kojima already said that ending was wrong but didn't go into any detail why. So I guess she did dieded but maybe not then. Probably now.
>>
>>386061043
>breathes through skin
>set skin on fire
>and walk away
>somehow

good ole japanese writing. worst in the entire developed world.
>>
>>386061232
>Calls writing shit
>Can't even manage basic reading comprehension

Remove yourself
>>
>>386058712
Ddog is fucking stupid and gets in the way all the time
>>
>>386060902
The parasites wouldn't kill her, but as soon as she speaks English, she is functionally a bio-weapon. Think of the rapidly mutating FoxDie in Old Snake during MGS4. It's possible that she's alive and completely isolated, but it makes more sense that she'd die of some form of natural causes like dehydration or kill herself to prevent a massive outbreak.
>>386060940
While there is no guarantee that a language other than English or Navajo would be safe to use, given that Skull Face's experiments go unexplained: Quiet's refusal to communicate is a genuine plothole that goes unexplained. Ocelot tried sign language and writing, and got nothing in return. Quiet is supposed to have some form of agenda or self-preserving paranoia that keeps her from communicating, which is understandable in the sense that Kaz's suspicions about her are mostly right, but the logic is broken when you consider that Venom trusts her, she did speak to Code Talker, and she warmed up to the Diamond Dogs and vice versa by the time of mission 45.
>>386061194
She probably died, but Kojima only said the ending is wrong because he wanted player knowledge to be limited to in-game material. He wanted her fate to be ambiguous, rather than set in stone, and no one knows why.
>>386061232
>sets herself on fire AFTER she walks away from venom
Wew
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (116KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
116KB, 1920x1080px
>>386061751
Delet this right now. DD is a god send.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.