[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PUBG patch an unmitigated disaster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_8924.jpg (86KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8924.jpg
86KB, 960x540px
Frame stutter, lag, rubber banding, game freezing. What a disaster. This game plays worse than it did months ago. No word yet if this time the game is unplayable will count against these limited edition crates.

Also, they've banned stream sniping so instead glorious trolls have a new practice:
http://www.pcgamer.com/pubgs-new-car-horns-have-turned-stream-snipers-into-stream-honkers/
>>
I've got some fucking issue loading textures. I'll drop and for like 2 minutes I can't enter houses because they're all blurred up. I bought my rig a year ago and can run literally anything else without a hitch.
>>
I'm getting way better performance after the patch, honestly. It's so much better that I wonder if I fucked with a config file and it raped my performance before and this patch reset it or something, because I'm seriously getting 20% less GPU usage now.
Also, first person only is just the way to play the game, the game needs to be an FPS, it feels a million times better and more fast paced knowing people can't see you unless you can see them. That being said, it needs to control just a little better in first person, do away with the building up speed thing and let us just tap WASD to quickly move in small increments for aiming.
>>
File: IMG_8888.png (2MB, 750x748px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8888.png
2MB, 750x748px
>>386042679
That's weird. My game would run smooth as butter after the 1-2 minutes it takes to load buildings after drop. That does drive me crazy though and puts me at a huge disadvantage
>>
>Players have been chasing streamers around Battlegrounds, honking incessantly, then fleeing when fired upon

Holy shit, thats fucking hilarious, I love it when streamers get messed with like that, streaming is fucking retarded shit
>>
>Early Access shovelware by chinks
Whoa, who could've known it'd turn to shit?
>>
But that's still literally stream sniping or do retards think stream snipe means "killing a streamer with a sniper rifle"?
>>
>>386042147
I know someone who has this issue.

This game doesn't care about how new your system is. Its unoptimized early access trash.
>>
>>386043129
What are your specs? It seems to be a common thing but not sure what does it. Only time I ever see the shitty textures is in the starting area.
>>
Anything bad that happens to a major streamer is justified
>>
>>386042147
Turn off shadowplay or any similar program.
>>
>>386043129
Check your HDD for errors or defrag it. Turn off shadowplay or ReLive. What GPU do you have?
>>
They need to sort out the lag. Ive pumped a good 7 rounds into a guy and knew they hit because of the blood, for him to turn around and shoot me twice with a pistol and a die. No armor on either of us, we had literally just landed. Also teleporting players and invisible parachuters. Other than that, FPS mode is infinitely better than TPS, should've been FPS from the beginning.
>>
>>386044297
Not him, but I get this issue occasionally and I'm running a 7950 and a Phenom II 965. I assumed it was my shitty processor, is it GPU-related?
>>
>>386044297
8GB DDR3L - 1 DIMM
•1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
•Intel 802.11ac WLAN and Bluetooth(R) [2x2]
•6th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U Dual Core Processor + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 4GB Discrete Graphics
>>
>>386045074
>read 5400rpm HDD
>for what purpose??
>see i7-6500U
>see GTX 950M
>oh is a laptop

could be a multitude of reasons anon
>>
>>386044819
Usually a HDD issue, I have a fx8320 and 1050ti and I completely got rid of it by turning off shadowplay completely. Have a buddy with a beast rig and even he had the issue when playing after his SSD crashed and he was on HDD for a while. Turning shadowplay helped him as well.

>>386045074
You're fucked as far as this issue goes unless devs do something to optimize it. 7200rpm HDDs struggle and I'm guessing that M GPU isn't blazing fast either.
>>
>>386042147
You're running out of ram. If you have 8gb ram and usage is over 70% when in game then your hard drive page file is bring used which causes asset streaming conflicts

I had that issue and upgraded from 8 to 16gb with no issues now
>>
>>386045282
It's clearly an optimization issue. There's nothing in this game that explains its bad performance otherwise. I can play Doom smooth as silk for example. It's not like PUBG is a technical marvel. I don't have this issue with any others games and that includes recent ones.
>>
>>386045762
What's weird is once the initial building load, prior to this shit patch at least, the rest of the round runs smooth as silk
>>
>>386045874
I haven't upgraded to the patch which came today but my performance in general is pretty good. I prefer high fps > visuals so I play on very low settings with my 1070 and average 80-120 fps. Even with my old i5 from 2013 I get good performance.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.