[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pyre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

File: pyre_nightwings.jpg (159KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pyre_nightwings.jpg
159KB, 1920x1080px
Pyre thread

Discuss
>your favorite companion
>your favorite music
>who you liberated first and why it was Hedwyn
>>
>>386041517
Headwyn was just too kind for me and everybody else. Although i knew little of him at that point i knew he will do everything for his friends.

>your favorite music
Every vocal track, thrash pack, knights of the sea,will of the scribes,every song was perfect

>your favorite companion
RHAE! She always kept morale high,was just plain happy girl who desired happines for others. I cried a little when i read that she lives a good life on the other side with Ti'zo, Jodi and Almer. For me she was the last to be liberated. And she wanted me to be free <3
>>
>>386041517
Thank you OP for the wallpaper
>>
>>386041517
rukey
i'm warming up to glorious tradition
can't let the most optimistic guy stay around in the downside for too long, though it feels bad that i never learned his backstory
>>
File: 2V.jpg (190KB, 1675x942px) Image search: [Google]
2V.jpg
190KB, 1675x942px
>>386041517
Sir Gilman and Ti'zo are both my favourite characters in the last few years of video games. Hedwyn is also husbando-tier

Probably the Sea Dominion theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOqoKUhEjeo , but the entire OST is god-tier, probably their best so far

Jodariel
I have to say, I'm about 75% in the progress, and this is easily my GOTY, and probably my favourite out of the Supergiant games. Rich and well-made lore, absolute god-tier soundtrack, out of this world artstyle and visuals, great characters, and, despite not liking it first, the combat really grew on me, and there is an insane amount of depth to it.
>>
File: 1364786243776.png (103KB, 289x273px) Image search: [Google]
1364786243776.png
103KB, 289x273px
I'm replaying Transistor all the way through New game and + and Bastion New Game+ now that I've beaten Pyre. We should open it up to those games too.

>your favorite companion
Bertrude is best girl hands down
>your favorite music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tJ06_qtmbc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u438nebJzkI
>who you liberated first
Ty'zo because I thought I was going to beat the games attempt to make "Who's going home first" emotional by sending Ty'Zo away from home.
But it ended up being the only one I cried for because of his goodbye speech, and Fae talking to the wagon about how she misses him and the drive imps miss him.
Cute little fucker cleaned up in the commonwealth though.

>Favorite Weapon combo from Bastion And why is it dual pistol/shotgun
>Bastion final choice
>Favorite Transistor's combat fuckery And why is it packets
>Favorite songs from the 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-aexLJKwME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrc5lv0O8yo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFrjMq4aL-g
>>
>>386046739
Forgot to add what that reaction image was for

I fucking 3 shot the spine in my replay of Transistor
Packets+the dog is ridiculously overpowered.
>>
>>386046739
>Bertrude is best girl hands down

I feel like it's a shame that she was introduced too late compared to all the others.
>>
Oralech did NOTHING wrong
>>
>>386047269
I actually liked it that way because there is the moment of hope that she was gonna be in your party earlier. And then Volfred surprises you with her part way through the game and it was fucking proper exciting.

She has less moments but every single one is pure gold so I'm feel like it makes up for it.
>>
>>386047443
He also wasn't really my problem though, either. I had friends to return and a people to save.
>>
>>386041517
Hedwyn was the sole person I knew I'd have to save, out of all of them, but he was the second to last one to go. His team buffs were too good, and it felt right to let him see his promise through as far as possible.
>>
our resident uploader finished his rips for never to return

apparently the twangy bits from will of the scribes are incorporated into the backing track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-9wt_KhKrk
>>
CHAE WORSHIPS THE SCRIBES AND RECEIVES THEIR BLESSINGS

WHILST SANDRA, THE ASSASSINCEL CAN'T EVEN TOUCH A SINGLE ONE
>>
File: 1472018066757.jpg (49KB, 437x403px) Image search: [Google]
1472018066757.jpg
49KB, 437x403px
>all the female companions but Pamitha have love interests in the downside

what did they mean by this
>>
>>386048607
pamitha is best girl besides sandra
>>
>>386048607
Pamitha is a skank and worst girl
>>
File: 1312750561476.jpg (38KB, 319x257px) Image search: [Google]
1312750561476.jpg
38KB, 319x257px
I just want to say I fucking hate Tamitha and the Essence and their bullshit playstyle. Lost the first match when I was pitted 1v1 with Pamitha, lost the second match because they were even more annoying after levelling up and almost lost my second liberation rite against them because of their bullshit cheating and moving three players at the same time, but at least won with only 15 pyre points left.

Pamitha a cute tho[/spoiler.]
>>
>>386048735
fuck you
>>
Just got to the final choice, not sure what to do.

Did I miss understand the plan That once the insurrection is successful, they can un-exile people?
>>
>Oralech: I want to end the rites
>Volfred: I also want to end the rites
>Oralech: Fuck you
What did he mean by this
>>
>>386048940
No, only prevent more
>>
File: 1501707340540.jpg (85KB, 836x1199px) Image search: [Google]
1501707340540.jpg
85KB, 836x1199px
>>386041517

>your favorite companion
Jodariel was my girl. It felt great getting her to open up to you. Props to Gilman and Ti'Zo also, I didn't think they would get me to care about the silly animal characters when I started.

>your favorite music
Bound Together. That shit was god tire.

>who you liberated first
I let Hedwyn go first just because I felt like he would be the best choice to get the plan rolling.
>>
>>386047443
>>386047596
>Let him win because he deserves it.
>See reach to him option.
>Through the Reader connection he sees that Volfred never did anything against him and he breaks down.
>Gives me back my freedom.
>In ending instead of suicide he teams up with Volfred and Tizo after all those years, even if they remain exiled.
>>
>>386042425
>Rhae
>not picking the superior patrician name Fae
>>
>>386050216
use spoiler tags at least
>>
>>386047959
Hedwyn's talisman was fucking broken
>>
>>386049075
But why? If they overthrew the commonwealth and changed everything, why couldn't they just welcome the current exiles back in?
>>
>>386051710
the exiles are thrown into the Downside, and can return only through the magic of the ritual. the epilogue of Tinderstauf says that he tried every kind of machine and crazy plan to try to escape by normal means and none of them worked
>>
>>386051913
Oh, I didnt realize there was actual magical prevention in place preventing people from returning, I thought it was just the commonwealth wouldnt accept them back unless they completed the ritual.

I get the feeling the game wants me to let Oralech into the pool the final time,
but I think I'm gonna take it myself and leave Ti'zo, Sir Gilman and Bertrude. Oralech got a short stick for sure but he's also a dickholster.
>>
>>386041517
>your favorite companion
the Cur

>your favorite music
whatever

>who you liberated first
the Imp
>>
>liberated ti'zo first
>want to keep the OG 3 around till the end
>not sure if im a bad person because of this
>get to see more interactions between people like hedwyn and Jodi and Jodi becoming allies with Pamitha
idk what i was thinking, this game is really good
>>
just got the legendary talisman for Mae, that shit is ridiculous, you can wipe entire teams in one aura burst
>>
>>386053252
sounds gravy, should I keep Mae until the endgame?
>>
Considering how good the art and music for the game is I'm kinda surprised and disappointed Sony doesn't have a PS theme available for the game.
>>
>>386053315
i just got the ability to fly so im not sure but i plan on keeping her around for a few more liberations
>>
>>386047443
All he had to do was show up cordially and go, "Hey Volfred! Look! I'm still alive! Got room for one more in your group?" and he would have been freed, no problem. Instead he had to go around and cause trouble.
>>
>>386052343
Nothing stopping you from re-loading the same checkpoint after finishing the game and making the final choice differently, btw.
>>
>>386053252
I don't like her legendary talisman. I guess I just can't use it right.

Mae with the throwing mastery + Star Splinter = OP as all hell.
>>
>sandra gives you a piece of the horn she cut off the demon scribe soliam murr, presumably stowed away for 900 years
>i sold it to falcon ron for 80 sol
>>
>>386054031
where did oralech even get his junk and team sign from? did he have a wagon?
>>
>>386048157
Huh, that's a weird feeling. Just came into the thread to shill my channel again only to see someone already did. Thanks.
>>
>>386057185
Unrelated, but thanks for going to all the trouble of uploading all those versions of the songs.

Really appreciate hearing the different variations
>>
>>386057185
no problem anon, are there any rips left?
>>
>>386056919
He crashes into you in one of his encounters, so I'd assume he does.
>>
>>386057886
No problem!
>>386057921
There's the gender neutral versions of Bound Together. Other than that there are a few unused/test tracks but I'm not sure if they're worth uploading. I might just slap them into one video.
>>
>>386056919
Probably wherever the rest of the triumvirates found theirs? He did have plenty of time to gather stuff together considering
>>
>>386041517
Someone explain to me how the fuck are you supposed to score with Volfred

His movement abilities are fucking horrible
>>
>>386058728
You're really not unless you clear them all and have more than enough time to get their.

He's for covering half the field in aura
>>
>>386058728
Saps are really fucking bad at capping, but they're pretty damn good as designated defenders, unless your against harpies or something, I don't understand the point of their shield, though. A normal jump would be infinitely better.
Pro-tip: His explosive perk is fucking broken, it takes up a good half of the arena if you also get the presence enhancer
>>
>>386054906
really scree-kiriri-ki-kiris my scrah-haah-haas
>>
Sandra is my ghost girlfriend!

We're gonna get married!!
>>
File: ghost blowjob.jpg (90KB, 500x551px) Image search: [Google]
ghost blowjob.jpg
90KB, 500x551px
>>386059867
>>
>>386059867
>>386059934
Maybe if I rub my crotch on the beyonder crystal she can make it hum and vibrate for me... or maybe chisel the crystal into a dildo
>>
>>386054031
is he even causing trouble though? the most offensive thing he does is act like a creep and crash into your ship
>>
>>386060634
He sabotaged the other team to get a chance to fight you that one time, so he's intentionally disrupting the process of the rites
>>
>>386060716
Oh right, I forgot about that one
>>
>>386059934
Sandra edit when?
>>
>>386058728
Just put the sap on your pyre and have him stand nearby to link and cover like a 3rd of the map, use the other two to score
>>
>release day
>threads in which everyone hates it and says its Supergiants' worst game
>weeks later
>threads in which everyone loves it
I will admit it took me a while to warm up to it, but once I did, I really, really loved it.
>>
>>386061723
>/v/ is quick to judge
Who knew
>>
Not liberating Volfred was one of my best choices in this game, he spread news from union all around downside and thus making actual progress in living conditions of it's residents in long run i think.
>>
>>386058728
you can pull some neat tricks with the sandra talisman that doubles your blink range when maxed

problem is you overshoot the enemy pyre pretty frequently
>>
>>386062092

Same. I actually intended to free him in the last rite, but the True Nightwings just slammed me. I decided to accept my defeat and let Oralech have his twice-earned path upwards, and after the end I'm glad it worked out like that. Volfred did work in the Downside and Oralech did work in the upside.

Goddamn this game was good.
>>
>>386061723
>Play the game for more than an hour
>See how completely poorly thought out 90% of the arguments against the game were
Wew
>>
>>386061723
>>386061723
honestly, it took me a little while to warm up to the game, too, but once I got a hang of the mechanics I ended up really loving it. The spectacular characters and music helped a lot, too.
>>
>>386061723
I was honestly disappointed by the ending's lack of a "big shocker" or some crazy shit like fighting the archjustice as the reader. Then I stopped and looked back at how much I had liked everything else up to that point and considered myself satisfied.
It really is all about the journey.
>>
>>386065310
I liked that Pyre was about the journey instead of the destination. Most of the good shit was spread throughout the story this time.
>>
>>386065310
I liked, too, that the journey and ending really felt satisfying no matter what your action were to that point. No matter how you fared in the Rites, no matter who was liberated and who stayed, no matter how it ended it was a good, complete story.

Like, a lot of people laugh at choices mattering and whatever bullshit but I think Pyre kinda handled all the available choices really well and made them feel strong and satisfying.
>>
>>386047269
Fuck grinding Volfred by the end when I already have a fun playstyle set with everyone else.
>>
>>386065901
>Pamitha will always end up "having no place to call home"
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.