[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metroidvania style games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: beyondhuman.png (563KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
beyondhuman.png
563KB, 1920x1080px
Recently got in the mood for some Metroidvania style games.

Recommendations?

Also has anyone checked out this game, it looks promising

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/865069666/beyond-human-metroidvania-sci-fi-hackandslash-plat

has anyone checked out Sundered btw? How is it?
>>
File: ShadowPixel.jpg (222KB, 1022x781px) Image search: [Google]
ShadowPixel.jpg
222KB, 1022x781px
>Deaths Gambit
>Blasphemous
>Ghost Song
>Usurper
>>
By metroidvania style do you mean metroid style?
>>
>>386042923
I'd say more Symphony of the Night style
>>
File: bh.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
bh.gif
1MB, 400x225px
Game looks alright, the gifs they have intrigue me but whether or not the game actually lives up to their vision is another thing
>>
Environmental Station Alpha is one of the best Metroid clones I've played.
>>
File: bh_metref.jpg (94KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bh_metref.jpg
94KB, 1920x1080px
>>386041025
Checking out the demo now and it seems to be littered with little homages like this, its pretty cool
>>
File: uOK6e97.gif (1MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
uOK6e97.gif
1MB, 500x280px
>>386044081
>>
Axiom Verge, Hollow Knight and Ori seem to be the ones people recommend the most. I've been meaning to start one of them but I'm not sure which one to pick.
>>
>>386045308
The first three boss fights of Axiom Verge were pretty lame. I dropped the game after getting the grapple because it was janky as fuck and they expected me to traverse entire areas with it. Music was good and it had some neat stuff going otherwise like the drone or the digital disruptor thing.

Hollow Knight was pretty good. I liked playing it.

Ori was alright, but there were parts where you had to do mandatory timed platforming sequences which I really hated.
>>
is momodora any good?
>>
>>386046123
>Ori was alright, but there were parts where you had to do mandatory timed platforming sequences which I really hated.
>someone didn't like the ginso tree escape
I don't even care that much, but usually people say it is one of the best parts, and I have to agree
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.