[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ultima Ratio Regum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: World-map.png (3MB, 2429x2430px) Image search: [Google]
World-map.png
3MB, 2429x2430px
Will it be a failure similar to No Man's Sky, or will it revolutionize videogames forever?
>>
File: 06_3.png (59KB, 1059x705px) Image search: [Google]
06_3.png
59KB, 1059x705px
>>386039557
can't be a failure if hardly anyone knows what it is
>>
>he's working on it for 10 years
i hope it doesn't flop
>>
>>386039557
>>386039917
>>386040807
Redpill me on this, friends
>>
>>386040930
Just google it, new take on roguelike genre
>>
>>386039557
Does this have anything to do with the Ultima games?
>>
>>386039557
Is this like DF Adventure Mode, only with more focus?
>>
looks autistic as hell, sounds like it's going to be a flop
>>
>>386042319
Dwarf Fortress is autistic as hell and that was pretty successful
>>
>>386042462
dwarf fortress is autistic in a way gamers appreciate, this is autistic in the sense that it sounds like a really boring and ineffectual game made by a pompous twat from academia. who wants to play a roguelike about 'investigating' things? who the fuck 'plans' a 10 year dev cycle?
>>
>>386042618
>It’s a game which aims to integrate thematic content on historiography, philosophical idealism and the rise of modernist grand narratives, with the deep, complex and challenging gameplay one expects from a “classic” roguelike (and, of course, an ANSI display and permadeath) Non-combat investigation and conversations and “detective work” are the standard modes of playing, whilst combat will only be viable for the most skilled (and bold) players.
It's literally shit
>>
>>386042848
But why? It sounds interesting. It's not for traditional roguelike players who just want to crawl a dungeon and cast magic.
>>
>>386043312
you cant procedurally generate philosophy and culture, which is what this game is about apparently
>>
Just play Lothgaronline
>>
>>386043440
Why?
Real life is a result of procedural generation and we have philosophy and culture just fine ;)
>>
>>386043506
>Ultima online
Completely unrelated to this game, lol.
>>
>>386043658
the same reason you can't program real intelligence? you can simulate simple physical systems with computers like map generation but not anything artistic or human. Like the art descriptions in dwarf fortress, they're good for a laugh but they don't have any meaning, they're random gibberish
>>
>>386043905
You said it won't generate REAL culture/philosophy, but it will generate the surface of them. And that is enough, as long as this surface passes the Turing test.
>>
>>386043905
>you can't program real intelligence
Wrong >>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generative_adversarial_networks
>>
>>386043440
That's why it's interesting. He's out to prove you wrong.
>>
>>386044264
That surface won't be anything interesting or meaningful unless it's written that way by the author itself. You can generate interesting maps with procedural generatuon but trying to make something cultural or artistic is just going to be gibberish unless you limit the parameters so much that it's not really creating anything new in the first place
>>
>>386044360
It's cute to see someone here who still actually has hope and positive outlook for some game even if it's naive and unfounded optimism.
>>
>>386045247
It doesn't matter to me if he succeeds. It's just interesting that someone is trying.
>>
has the motherfucker even released the stupid fucking update that he really really was going to release around 2015? stupid fucking faggot hipster with promises he cant deliever as usual
>>
File: Ultima_Ratio_Regum_Cannon.jpg (3MB, 3285x2157px) Image search: [Google]
Ultima_Ratio_Regum_Cannon.jpg
3MB, 3285x2157px
>>386041832
I dont think it mean ultimate argument of the king. It used to be written on french cannons.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.