[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games like Stalker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: stalker_tri.jpg (150KB, 774x363px) Image search: [Google]
stalker_tri.jpg
150KB, 774x363px
I just finished the Stalker games and I want more. What are some Stalker-like games?
>>
File: ARTYOM.jpg (114KB, 719x581px) Image search: [Google]
ARTYOM.jpg
114KB, 719x581px
>>386031456

Definitely will mention Metro series. Some similar devs, but extremely goddamn linear and focused on the story and the world, not that it's a bad thing. It's still a great game with a very charming personality and muh immersion factor is 10/10

The books are best in whole metro too! Reccomended.
>>
As crazy as it might be, there are none.
None that would have the same quantity and quality of individual parts that create the entire set people appreciate the most in STALKER games.

Yeah, we got tons of open-world survival-shooter zombie trash available, but you know how those tend to be. What made STALKER so good (besides being pure SP game) is the fact that you always were working towards some goal, no matter that the game didn't really push you towards them. In other "survival" games, you search and loot random trash and try to avoid getting killed, just so you can repeat this same formula x infinitum.

The flip-side of available options would be these linear slav-shooters, like the METRO series, but those are pretty much just Stalker-ish flavored CoD games. Linear, scripted, single-use-only. Very overrated.
>>
Just install Call of Chernobyl and never stop playing.
>>
Umm, New Vegas feels like an American STALKER, kinda...
>>
>>386031907

Fallout 1 and 2, while not the same in terms of gameplay, gave me a similar experience in terms of story and settings (3+ are too different I think). They're also good games. Metro was made by some of the same developers and the bullets are currency mechanic makes you think twice about your spending decisions. All great games.

Man, I'll never forget the intensity I felt playing SoC for the first time. Best $2 ever spent.
>>
>>386032112
second this.

also, tactics.

and jagged alliance 2 with the v 1.13 patch.

lots of 'muh open world' freedom, lots of quests and targets to engage with in your own time and way.
>>
File: 20160804014600_1.jpg (466KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20160804014600_1.jpg
466KB, 1920x1200px
>>386031456
As others have mentioned, Metro is pretty much it.

Escape from Tarkov appears to have elements of S.T.A.L.K.E.R - predominantly through the environment and setting though.

I've had a lot of fun modding Fallout 4 to feel like an American STALKER - predominantly through ENBs, a whole fucktonne of weapon mods to replace the vanilla weapons, weather mods, brutal difficulty tweaks etc... It's not the same but it does fill that void.
>>
>>386031670
I hope they stalker-ify the next metro game a bit.
>>
I just played both Metro games (redux version) and had a lot of fun. Play on ranger difficulty though, it's the best way to experience the game.
>>
>>386031456
the closest you can get is Metro games
>>
>>386031456

there are none, you have to wait a year or two until you forgot what happens in the game and then replay it like the rest of us
>>
>>386036024
>you have to wait a year or two until you forgot what happens
Wow. You have a very bad memory
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.