[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post Your Favourite TES Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 11

File: df5.jpg (65KB, 404x500px) Image search: [Google]
df5.jpg
65KB, 404x500px
And why.
>>
Skyrim. Maybe not because I think it's great, but just because I think the other's are not so great

Oblivion had ugly characters, floaty physics, bland environments, quests that genuinely weren't interesting

Morrowind has bad graphics, even for the time of release. The animations are stiff and choppy. Too much text dialogue and almost no voice work really takes the life out of it.
>>
>>386028921
Ah, you see my friend I have to disagree. Why I do agree with most of your points I also believe Oblivion to have really good quests especially with the Dark Brotherhood and Shivering Isles. Graphics don't really matter to me and you can mods anyway to make it look semi-modern. As for Morrowind, on a technical level it hasn't age too well, but I believe the general quality of writing to be the best of the TES games and the text boxes don't bother me either. In addition, I think it holds one of the best roleplaying experiences a TES game can offer.
P.S. This is OP
>>
File: 1456543769489.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1456543769489.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>>386028921
>Morrowind has bad graphics, even for the time of release
The cities looked great and gave you a feel of adventure and exploring w/o holding your hand going from corridor to corridor as most games did, also the music played a great part

still if you didn't play it back then you can't really understand I guess, young fags are used to different graphics and gameplay, reading quests and working out your objective / route isn't as easy as following a blimp on screen telling you where to fast travel to.
>>
>>386028646
The second and third TES Adventures games because they were cancelled like the rest of this shitty franchise should have been. It absolutely boggles my mind how a developer that has not released a single good game is this popular.
>>
>>386029876
OP here, I'm just a youngfag with good taste.
>>
Skyrim because I'm not a contrarian faggot.
>>
Why did they let Todd Howard a beta tester for Daggerfall give direction for Morrowind then made him lead dev for Oblvion, Skyrim and Fall out 3?
>>
Morrowind, didn't really play the other ones. Played Oblivion for a bit but I didn't really get into it as much. Between those two I prefer how Morrowind handles world navigation and that stuff. In Oblivion I felt pretty dumb at one point when I picked up a quest. The person didn't give any instructions on where to go and I had no idea what to do, until I noticed the red marker on the compass. That sort of encapsulates my experience with Oblivion exploration
>>
Oblivion. The quests were really interesting and varied, the graphics were amazing for its time, and most importantly IMO, it dind't even felt like a game. The immersion was incredible, you forget about stats and gear and really feel like part of the world.
Skyrim, on the other hand, essentially sucks. Quests are terrible (a farmer asking you to retrieve a ring in a cave full of undead, fuck logic), characters and dialogue are really bland and graphically it was a mess (textures specifically).
I really want to give Morrowind and Daggerfall, maybe it'll change my mind.
>>
>>386031957
>you forget about stats and gear and really feel like part of the world.

For me the quest compass kinda ruins this, with how it just points to where you need to go. Oblivion has better quests but I like finding my way in Morrowind more
>>
>>386028646
Morrowind
>its 3d
>its not casual shit """"rpg"""" like Oblivion and Skyrim
>Best region in Tamriel

If Daggerfall Unity finishes and Bethesda actually remakes Morrowind without removing half of its features and making it Dragonborn 2.0 then these would be the go-to rpg games since the rest would look like pong in comparison
>>
had the most fun with morrowind. the fact that the three guild quests could play off each other is unbeatable by TES. no way they will ever be able to do that again with shitty voice acting.
>>
>>386028646
Okay, why?
>>
File: toddman.png (291KB, 480x475px) Image search: [Google]
toddman.png
291KB, 480x475px
I hope you guys buy more quality Bethesda products like FALLOUT 4 and THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM for the Nintendo Switch.
>>
>>386033530
If you make ladders work ill buy all of your games and dlc. Including the new millennial shit you have been creating since 2006
>>
File: MW-Map-Vvardenfell[1].jpg (2MB, 2668x3095px) Image search: [Google]
MW-Map-Vvardenfell[1].jpg
2MB, 2668x3095px
Nothing will ever beat the sense of wonder and possibility of playing this for the first time in 2011

I wish I could erase my memory

To those who say Skyrim: You're the reason gaming industry is where it is today you fucking plebs
>>
>>386033768
inb4 you get attacked by angry 18year old keyboard warriors who think Oblivion and Skyrim are gods gifts

this place is getting dangerously juvenile
>>
Oblivion easy.
Believable world, interesting NPC's, decent DLC, best mods, best quests, best music. A return to form to Arena and Daggerfall
>>
Had fun with the last three but was never able to enjoy Daggerfall due to the atrocious control scheme. The ideal TES would combine the world building of Morrowind, quests and cities of Oblivion and I actually don't know what from Skyrim although I've enjoyed it too. I will get shat on for saying this but back in 2011 when I first played Skyrim I was completely hooked on its environment. Dungeons felt great too and it just felt so good just standing in the landscape hearing the wind blowing, trees whipping and the noise of a nearby river.
>>
>>386029287
>>386029876
>>386030792
>>386032645
>>386033385
>>386033465
glad to see so many morrowind lovers

>>386033946
a year or two ago /v/ back then was filled to the brim with morrowind haters because you missed mudcrabs when you swung your sword with 10 skill in longswords

these people "like rpgs"
>>
>>386028646
OP If I were to try Daggerfall again you think I can do it with just Marksmanship and Restoration as my main skills to fall on?
>>
File: toddhow.jpg (313KB, 1472x901px) Image search: [Google]
toddhow.jpg
313KB, 1472x901px
>>386028646
Morrowind and because I enjoyed it longer then the others. Oblivion is pretty meh.
>>
>>386034097
>due to the atrocious control scheme
You know you can remap the controls, right? It actually controls surprisingly well once you do.
>>
File: 1472081339058.jpg (118KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472081339058.jpg
118KB, 1280x720px
>>386028921
>play Morrowind
>move around a bit
>discover you move faster diagonally
>tfw they created this massive game, but fucked up the basics
I can't enjoy something so broken.
>>
File: 1498221398091.png (96KB, 354x363px) Image search: [Google]
1498221398091.png
96KB, 354x363px
>>386034476
Sppedrun strats, brah
>>
Daggerfall>Skyrim>Morrowind>Oblivion>hot burning garbage>Arena
>>
File: 3a7.jpg (77KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
3a7.jpg
77KB, 680x680px
>>386034628
>Skyrim this high
>>
File: chim.jpg (25KB, 627x286px) Image search: [Google]
chim.jpg
25KB, 627x286px
>>
>tfw next TES will become even worse with mods being cutted out for the sake to push paid mods through Bethesda club down our throats.
>>
>>386028921
never seen so much shit taste in my life
>Morrowind has bad graphics, even for the time of release
why would you lie about shit like this? post a better looking game from that time ill wait
>>
Morrowind. Daggerfall is for contrarians and Skyrim and Oblivion are for plebs.
>>
>>386035017
Kingdom Hearts? But seriously Morrowind looked fine but the character models were trash.
>>
Morrowind, both for the nostalgia value and because it's one of the last classic WRPGs I think. It was a promise of things we could've maybe gotten in the future if we didn't live in this timeline and the whole style of game design dying soon after the game's release. It's still full of detail and there's a great amount of player freedom, which ends up making the game also really unbalanced but I don't really mind it in Morrowind's case. Like pretty much all great WRPGs it's great but also really flawed but in this case many of the flaws give the game more personality. As your character gets stronger you gain more ways to travel the interesting world and there's not really much limits to how strong you can get, even if you don't use alchemy exploits and such.

It's also the only game where I've genuinely enjoyed home decoration because I actually grew attached to all the loot I found on my adventures. Oblivion and Skyrim ruined unique items for me because they were level scaled and just didn't feel as unique because of that. And you couldn't soul trap a god and put it on your desk, as far as I can tell. It's small things like these which make Morrowind stand out. Oblivion and Skyrim just feel very bland in comparison, they're too normal. Arguably Oblivion too had these weird clunks which end up making the game have more personality, but in general I felt like they limited the game, not make it more free.
>>
>>386034254
Yeah but to what?
What irks me is that you have to drag your mouse across the screen to make a melee attack. Also looking around is needlessly retarded.
>>
File: 1481341756116.jpg (128KB, 620x886px) Image search: [Google]
1481341756116.jpg
128KB, 620x886px
>>386035264
nude mods fix that
>>
>>386034476
>tfw they created this massive game, but fucked up the basics
That's been the point of TES since day 1. Shit's just a proof of concept for how big a "playable" game could be.
>>
>>386035748
You can activate mouselook
It really becomes quite good after you remap the controls like remapping jump from fucking "J"
>>
>>386033946
People in their 40s and 50s played and liked those games, anon.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.