[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is stream sniping the most idiotic bannable offense?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_8924.jpg (86KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8924.jpg
86KB, 960x540px
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2017/07/28/how-do-you-solve-a-problem-like-stream-sniping-in-playerunknowns-battlegrounds/

Attentionwhores deserve the gas chamber
>>
Hot take; Stream Sniping should never be a bannable offense.
>>
>Stream sniping
>Hackers & cheaters
>Friendlies
>Beggars
>Trollpickers
>Idlers
All cancer.
>>
>>386026216

>put stream on delay
>hide game until while you're in the lobby until you get to the plane while streaming

It's easy to counteract, but people rather bitch that it happens.
>>
>>386026275
Seriously, don't advertise to people where the fuck you are if it's that important to you
>>
>>386026418

People figured out what to do in DayZ when this shit was happening now people are surprised it's happening again?
>>
>>386026216
>Oh no, who would have thought that my attention whoring could have consequences
>>
Here's how you solve it... stop caring about streamers
>>
>>386026361
this.
>>
>>386026216
>HEY GUYS HERE'S MY POSITION
>REEEE WHY YOU KILL ME?!
>>
>>386026550
Personally I think it's hilarious trolling. No reason to ban it when he's advertising.
>>
Yes. Streamers go out of their way to broadcast themselves to the world, they simply put themselves at risk. A streamer-popular game like PUBG should have some streamer UI option to hide what game they're in and such so stream sniping is more difficult.
>>
>>386026361
What's a beggar?
>>
Why do people do it anyways?

Isn't the whole point of the game is that you're in a state of constant tension? Why would you want to get rid of that?
Just makes the game boring.
>>
>kill some camwhore in a video game
>"uh boys~ he was totally sniping me please report him *pushes up cleavage* hihihi"
>you are now permanently banned
>12 year in jail for rape

america
>>
>>386026361
>Trollpickers
>S-STOP CHOOSING SOMETHING THAT IS NOT META YOU-YOU YOU TROLL PICKER WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
fuck off
>>
>>386026696
>Kill streamer and get banned for suspected stream sniping
>But it's okay somehow because I don't care about them
>>
By not playing this AIDS game in the first place
>>
>>386026937
t. Mercy main
>>
>>386026961
how is this not the first post
fuck I hate nu/v/
>>
File: 64769457.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
64769457.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
Probably the most disgusting way to get banned. That means that someone had to keep going through servers to find the streamer, and then watch their stream to hunt them down or annoy them.

You have to have some high amount of autism to take the time to do that.
>>
File: 1501404338482.jpg (159KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1501404338482.jpg
159KB, 500x375px
>>386027014
>implying i play ogreshit
>>
>watching a retard playing a game iis now considered cheating
>>
>>386026216
this shit only matters in games where metagaming matters, and burying some scrub on dayz isn't one. try not streaming in a competative survival game dumb fuck, leaking your location is your mistake.
>>
>>386026216
Wait, ppl are autistic enough to find out who is streaming in the same match they are playing so they can find out where they are to snipe them while not getting killed..and despite the time lost, spent afk ingame, actually benefit from it? That's not cheating, that's dedication.

Anyone who complains, just stop streaming to twitch or put your stream on a 5 minute delay or something. Its not hard.
>>
>>386027067
I don't even know how you can prove someone did this
>>
The idea that you can get banned for happening to cue into a game with a streamer is just pathetic. Nothing is stopping these prostitutes from implementing a delay aside from their own greed, and nothing is stopping them creating an overlay and blanking out their stream while they sit in the lobby.

You could eliminate 99.99% of stream-sniping by muting and blanking the game for 5 minutes, joining a lobby at a random time, and only showing the game after you've finished parachuting. But that would be far too much work for your average attention whore, it's much easier to just whine about a minor occupational hazard because it gives them a good excuse for why they keep dying in a complete RNG fest.
>>
>>386027369
It's a 1 vs 99 game. It's not even a game breaking advantage
>>
>>386026216
Is being a buttmad retard making the same endless thread on /v/ a bannable offence? Will you just circumvent the ban and make a new shitty thread? Why do your faggoty fee fees matter?

Sage goes in options
>>
>>386027439
Not sure about the whole business that OP posted. But stream snipers in general are pretty pathetic.
>>
>>386026361
u
>>
>>386026216
And yet it's still against the rules. Nothing you can do about it, kiddo.
>>
>>386026361
This.

If you want to do your retarded shit, go do it with your friends.
>>
>some guy streamed on the twitch IRL section and gave away his position
>his flight gets swatted
>streamer gets banned because it's his fault

>guy plays some game and gives away his position
>people kill him ingame
>people get banned even though it's the streamers fault
>>
>>386027487
Or we can just ban all the cancerous people instead of forcing others to inconvenience themselves just to avoid the cancer.

It's pretty easy to tell when someone is stream sniping, since they leave and rejoin games repeatedly until they manage to join the one with the streamer in it. As long as you make sure that the method you're using to ban stream snipers isn't subject to a large percentage of false positives, there's nothing wrong with banning stream snipers. They're the same scum of the earth that cheaters are, and don't deserve to play.
>>
>>386029107
You'd think streamers would love it as it makes for entertaining stream
>>
>>386029107
I kind of agree, but why do you care?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.