[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>playing MH4U >get to G-Rank >fight the Tigerstripe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

>playing MH4U
>get to G-Rank
>fight the Tigerstripe Zamtrios
>realize all the weapons I use are utter shit
>can't even find one that I love, not like
>SnS is weak as fuck so you have to constantly sharpen
>too far into the game without building myself around DB, don't even know what tree to invest in
>LS spirit loss causes me to lose out on DPS and fights hypothetically take longer than they would with 3U's iteration
>GL just pumps out shit damage since shelling is archaic as fuck without Frontier's innovative scaling
>want to like Switch Axe, but it's attacks feel so stiff and clunky and the lack of form-to-form synergy really causes its moveset and appeal and flair to suffer
>IG is clunky as fuck to level up
>hate the extra item management with the Gunner weapons and Critical Distance is too much for my tiny brain
At this point, I feel like I'm gimping myself for not using the Great Sword or the Charge Blade. Anybody else have this problem?

Monster Hunter thread
>>
Sounds like DB is the winner
>>
I think I was using the Cheda Blade+ in that fight. It's honestly a pretty scary fight the first time around, and he's a major wall for a lot of people. Go farm for a good GS or CB, that's your best bet.
>>
>>386018472
sounds like you are a bitch

also, great sword and hammer are the best weabons, the bigger the weapon the better
>>
>>386018472
>Great Sword or the Charge Blade
Two literally the best weapons in the series.
Why are you NOT using them?
>>
>>386018472
Use Lance n Great Sword m888
>>
You're a bitch. Every weapon's perfectly viable.
>>
>G-Rank feels: the thread

I got some close-to-endgame gear from some customquest fag and I'm still having trouble on G-Rank 2*
>>
>>386018472
>want to like Switch Axe, but it's attacks feel so stiff and clunky and the lack of form-to-form synergy really causes its moveset and appeal and flair to suffer
wat
>>
>>386021457
What's unclear about that? You only ever use the SAs with power phial and only ever use the sword mode. If you run out of juice you just reload and never actually use the axe.
They should've just made the SA charge the phial by using the axe mode, like CB, instead of allowing to simply reload it.
>>
>>386018472
>4U
Back to >>>/tv/
>>
>>386021593
Isn't Axe mode basic combo great dps?
And it has high uppercut reach
>>
>>386021593
fuck what you said in the last sentence. SA is good precisely because of the reload. in fact, it's fucking great. OP needs to git gud and start using it.

also I don't get why he doesn't just go online and babby his way through t zamtrios instead of compaining like a little bitch here.
>>386021792
reach doesn't matter, the DPS is lower (I think)
>>
>>386021792
No. The hack-and-slash combo is the highest DPS in theory, but it's only really viable to use against mohrans.
>>
>>386021139
It doesn't fucking matter if they're all viable, most of the weapons have quirks that I feel weigh them down and keep any of them from being my favorite. I understand that these quirks are necessary to keep the game balanced, but there are some weapons, like the Great Sword, whose draw-backs are so minimal and advocates baby-play that I don't want to use them. That, and there hasn't been a weapon whose drawback I find I can tolerate. LS comes close, but 4U's iteration is fucking shit and as the monsters become faster, which is a trend that permeates in 4U's monster design, downgrading Spirit levels is really essential, not dropping you down to base LS. Also, the Spirit Combo is shit and takes a while.
>>
>>386020180
This is the correct answer.
>>
>>386021861
So you want a weapon that doesn't have any draw backs, but the ones that fit that description are too easy to use?

I just wanted to set that out so you can realise how stupid you sound.
>>
>>386022171
>there hasn't been a weapon whose drawback I find I can tolerate

I just wanted to point that out so you can realize how illiterate you are. I'm not saying that I want a perfect weapon, I'm saying that I want the perfect weapon for me--one that I find I can synergize well with.
>>
I don't know why the Switch Axe doesn't generate phial charge from landing hits in axe mode. Add some more fluid ways to mix up the two modes and it would be a "complete" weapon.
>>
>>386018472
H A M M E R
A
M
M
E
R

>Easy to learn moveset that takes years to master
>Doesn't require you to stand around like a total asshole like the GS
>Good fuckin damage
>Exhaust and KO

Now, you can say that Charge Blade does more KO, and you can say that the DPS is greater with the GS, but the fact of the matter is that the hammer is WAY fucking more mobile, and those statements are based on those autismcraft speedrunners who do fuckin everything perfect, anyway. You're not a cybersoldier from the distant future who can never be hit in MH, like they are. Hammer is going to get you hit less, and get you to the monster.
>>
>>386023047
>Doesn't require you to stand around like a total asshole like the GS
And that's why hammer loses to GS.
In order to use the hammer properly you have to run around unsheathed in order to be able to land those uppercuts in time. But that severely undermines your survivability.
While the GS with its hit and run charge snipes enjoys even more burst damage and total safety.
>>
File: monsterhunterbughorn.png (57KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
monsterhunterbughorn.png
57KB, 400x400px
Use Hunting Horn. It's the best.

Strong, fast, long reach, so many attack angles, buffs for any situation.
>>
>>386023283
>Strong
>fast
>>
>>386023229
Mobility, man. You don't have to sheathe to move, you just move out of a monster's way. Stick and move.

>Charge
>Enemy attacks
>You roll cancel out of the way
>Charge again in like 1 second and hit
>Or, charge again to tier 2 in .5 seconds and slide an extra 10 feet and hit
>Continue until monster is stunned, or doing an easy to punish move
>Three pound with golf swing

The REAL disadvantage is that you are going to be nutting up and slapping them in their face, all the time.
>>
>>386023371
It is, though. You literally have the fastest movement speed unsheathed of any weapon, your attacks do good damage, and your attack speed's not bad either, especially the startup on A and backswing for how strong they are.
>>
>>386023462
In that way the Hammer is no more mobile than CB then, because they have the same walking speed.
And CB doesn't have downtime at all, since you can very fluidly guard when attacking, and GPing also does damage and KO with a free phial blast.
The GS is still stupidly overpowered though, because in the time you're rolling out of the way and charging again, a GS would unleash at least one lvl 3 charge, which does so much damage, the hammer would be playing catch up of the rest of the hunt.
>>
>>386023709
>You literally have the fastest movement speed unsheathed of any weapon
What are IG, HH, Bow, SnS, DB.
>>
>>386023721
The issue being that if you're playing single player, the hammer is going to be slapping them the entire time the GS is charging and standing around. Or, maybe the monster is being retarded and you've got to go to the monster.

Now, if you're playing multiplayer, the monster isn't even going to be focusing on you, and hammer has got the advantage again, being able to move and punish no matter who's got the hate on.

On the matter of CB vs Hammer, I'd say it comes down to a matter of personal taste and preference. Both are top weapons.
>>
>>386018472
SnS is really good, faget

You can murder Out of the Pan's HR Deviljho in low rank SnS gear in like 10 minutes.
>>
>>386024047
>the hammer is going to be slapping them the entire time the GS is charging and standing around
If in your imagination GS is standing around in the middle of nowhere and waiting for the monster to come to them, while the hammer is busy being glued to the monster at all times, you must have really warped understanding of how GS is played.
>>
>>386024254
>>386024254
You've got two palicos in single player / players in multi that the monster is going to be chasing around, or maybe the monster in question is going to be way more mobile than you who just runs off every which way. It pays to have DPS that isn't dependant on charging.
>>
>>386024523
But hammer IS dependant on charging.
Although I agree with GS falling behind other weapons against very mobile monsters. I don't usually bring it on those hunts to begin with.
>>
>>386023786
So you've never used the HH then. Seriously, it has the fastest unsheathed movement. It's just straight up not lowered compared to sheathed.
>>
Is it comfortable to play MH on 3ds>
>>
>TFW Only used Hammer/HH in MH4U

Blunt weapons are my weakness. Gotta go mash that head.
>>
>>386024652
>hammer
>faster than HH with purple-purple
I'm starting to doubt you played MH at all.
>>
>>386024737
Your wrists, hands, and forearms will hurt
Your back will hurt

I've put probably close to 1k hours into the 3ds games, and it hurts when I'm playing them. The 3ds is such a piece of trash
>>
>>386024812
What in the fuck are you even talking about I'm saying the hunting horn is the fastest unsheathed weapon.
>>
>>386024913
Then why did you reply to my post in the first place, when I was saying the same thing?
>>
File: 81RGo7eX3bL._SL1500_.jpg (196KB, 1163x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81RGo7eX3bL._SL1500_.jpg
196KB, 1163x1500px
>>386024737
Yeah, if you grab one of these.
>>
>>386025079
Now it's just lacking A FUCKING RIGHT ANALOG STICK

>Hey nintendo! It's the monster hunter boys, here. Think we could get an analog stick?
Fak u
>Pretty please
Fak. u.
>We pretty much make all the goddamn sales on your 3ds for japan
Here, have garbage
>This is not an analog stick
Here, have better
>This is not an analog stick
Fak u
>Anyway, we've been developing a next gen MH game. It's going to look good, and it'll require decent analog controls with no waggle. It needs good hardware. Think you can make one of those? We've been waiting for like 5 years already
Fak u
>Well, okay, we're thinking of going elsewhere
Wait, let's have a meeting to discuss this
>Okay
Put on nintendo
>Did you do fucking anything we were looking for
Fak u

And the rest is history
>>
File: kill me.jpg (6KB, 288x175px) Image search: [Google]
kill me.jpg
6KB, 288x175px
>>386025556
this exists you absolute fucking retard

and if you are really autistic you can install homebrew on a New 3DS and play with a gamecube controller
>>
>>386025785
Only works with the old 3ds
>>
>>386018472
Clunky is such an overused word these days.
Can't you cavemen learn synonyms for it?
>>
>>386025556
a) nothing wrong with the analog nub
b) gyro for the camera would be great. Using L to lock on, you won't need to use your thumb for the micro camera movements
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.