[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death Stranding will be shit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 11

File: ds.png (670KB, 986x645px) Image search: [Google]
ds.png
670KB, 986x645px
Death Stranding will be shit.
>>
>>386018383
never ever
>>
>>386018383
Well that's a good sign.

Kojima confirmed to be the Japanese David Cage.
>>
It's going to be a) canned b) a shitshow
>>
2deep4u
>>
>>386018383
I kinda hate how the animu garbage pretense non complete story that even the writers admit is incomplete nonsense garbage to appear more "thought provoking and deep" is getting a foot into big aaa games thx to idiot weep devs you would think after ice and fire they would learn a thing or two but no its still the same garbage it was 20 years ago i mean look at mgs4 look at all the typical anime crap of rewiting past games to make characters and events seem more important than past games which just makes everyones eyes roll for trying so pathethically hard (look at fucking garbage crisis core aeris,zack and genesis crap)? Why have weebs trouble to understand the most basic story and writing rules its fucking crazy.
>>
tfw you're to intelligent for Kojima
>>
Hopefully Kojimas team will reign in his 'creativity' like 70s George Lucas.
>>
>>386019313
IE the same people who also wrote TFA?

Lucas was a genius ahead of his time, Kojima is a hack who only wants to direct movies but knows he lacks an ounce of real taken so he sticks to being hailed as a king among peasants in the most pathetic entertainment avenue where all the critics also wish they were reviewing movies instead of children's toys
>>
File: Hideo Howard.png (101KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Hideo Howard.png
101KB, 300x300px
>be me, bignosed chink
>waste big budget on music and dumb sluts
>spend more time playing with legos than actually working
>miss another deadline
>cross another budget
>dev gets angry because there is no game yet
>game gets released half baked
>mfw people blame everyone else but me
>>
Okay, let's assume that DS bombs, will the general public finally also realize that Kojima is a hack, or will they keep sucking his dick?
>>
>>386019535
they will blame whatever poor publisher went bankrupt funding it
>>
>>386019482
If you're such a big fan of George Lucas, how come you never watched the prequels?
>>
File: 1468225484894.jpg (16KB, 258x473px) Image search: [Google]
1468225484894.jpg
16KB, 258x473px
>386018383
>previous metal gear were great because there were a team containing kojima craziness
>mgs 4 and 5 failed at that
>sony gives kojima full creativity
it will be a "very interesting game" but not a good one
>>
>>386019535
>Kojima outed as a hack
OR
>>386019643
>Sony going bankrupt

Please make DS fail babby Jesus, doesn't matter who loses, we win.
>>
This is just clickbait, and you are all falling for it
>>
>>386018383
>Kojima was drinking and fucking Joost instead of making MGSV
>Konami let him do this as they were patient at first
>later they got mad and forced him to finally finish the fucking game
>Kojima crybaby went and bitched that Konami doesn't let him have his "artistic freedom"
>After firing Kojima and finishing the game they warned every company that working with Kojima is a fucking nightmare
>Still Kojima is a god and Konami are monsters
Now watch Death Stranding be an unfinished garbage praised by journos and Sony becoming another monster because they won't let Kojima fuck around instead of making a game.
>>
>>386019535

Normalfags love MGSV because reviewers told them it's a 10/10. DS would be the first slip up in their eyes.
>>
To be fair, no one gets Dark Souls or Bloodborne without playing them either.
>>
>>386019790
You want Microsoft to dominate the market? Are you some self hating American? Or you think Nintendo will even have a fart in the air as Xbone takes the whole mainstream PS4 audience and Microsoft can go in for the kill on Nintend with double the audience and then get monopoly on the consoles aswell?

>>386019830
Considering what Konami is doing right now, aka fucking up everything. I think both fucked up.
>>
>>386019902
What exactly wouldn't you get about those games?
>>
>>386019862
MGSV is a 7-10 out of 10 action game
MGSV is a 3-5 out of 10 MGS game.
>>
Joost is in it so it's automatically a 10/10 and goty.
>>
>>386020023

Eh, the way snake controls and the way weapons handle are great, but there is really nothing where you can put it to use. It's just an empty world with copy pasted outposts.
>>
>>386019105
Please don't complain about writing quality while not knowing how to end a sentence.
>>
>>386018383
He wants to work in Hollywood, Hollywood is full of liberal jews.

Its gonna be shit.
>>
>>386020110
you dont see a difference of some non writer writting in the toilet of the internet vs a big mulitmillion dollar aaa game focused on story?
>>
>>386018383
Its allmost like he funnels money off meant for the game and pumps it into his own ac
>>
>>386018549
>games go over budget
>face multiple delays
>eventually fired
>entire games media, almost every gamer or popular commentator on the industry shit on his former employer and have his back
>hired by new company
>same shit starts happening again

More like the Japanese Tim Schafer
>>
>>386020108
Like all other open world. People celebrate this shit in Skyrim. But I had more fun doing random shit in Phantom Pain or just riding around Witcher 3. BUt either way, the AI is one of the nastiest in a stealth game.

The core game is one of the best in it's genre but it is a shit MGS game and cut content sucks. As you put it, yes it is very empty but that is fucking synonyms to me with the "Mah sandbox" bullshit.
>>
>>386018383
>No one got it.
Gee I wonder why?
>Middle-aged Japanese man poorly implementing ideas, concepts, and philosophy that he doesn't fully understand and reverse engineering a amateur plot from a couple of gimmick twists.
Also:
>It will be shit.
He will never make a good game without Tomozaku.
>>
>>386019902
>Dark Souls
You are the chosen one, you choose to continue the world's status quo until one day another chosen one is needed to repeat the process or you choose to ignore it and see what happens
>Bloodborne
The church comes into contact with aliens, hilarity ensues

Very simple to understand even if you never played them
>>
>>386018383
K-keep me posted
>>
>>386020803
And yet games like Hitman, GTA and even MGS's own Ground Zeroes prove that you can have sandboxes while still putting a lot of content in them.
>>
File: 1495743440628.gif (2MB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1495743440628.gif
2MB, 500x364px
>>386022031
>The church comes into contact with aliens, hilarity ensues
>>
>>386022031
you can't really ocmpare the plots of souls games to something like death stranding. Souls game plots are basically to explain the setting and you beating the game is the story, whereas in a game like death stranding you'll be playing a premade story that'll have characters, it's more like Max Payne whereas souls games could be crash bandicoot.
>>
>>386019535
>will the general public finally also realize that Kojima is a hack
See OP's article? That's padding for future problems. He can just claim they did not see eye to eye, and go off to the next studio willing to throw money at his hamburger adventures.
>>
>>386022218
I thought Dearth Stranding story was going to be closer to soulsborne though in letting players figure out what's going on?
>>
Where's the g a m e p l a y Hideo?
>>
>>386018383
it'll sell countless millions of copies despite whatever you think about it. cry me a river
>>
I fear that Death Stranding will be like the Star Wars prequels.

After a bunch of success (with help from writers and many people checking shit), now he's a superstar and CEO of his own company no one will question anything he says just like no one challenged any of Lucas's ideas in the prequels
>>
>>386020206
To any other anons posting from the shitter, do not take a long time before getting up. Prolonged time in the shitter, as well as prolonged time holding back a shit increases your chances of developing hemorrhoids later in life.
>>
I hate how kojima seems to travel the world meeting people and eating food more than working on his new game.
>>
>>386018383
>kojima trash
>not being shit
>>
>>386019482
No, the people responsible for The Empire Strikes back.
>Lucas was a genius ahead of his time
Lucas was an excellent manager with terrible ideas but a great team that could mould those ideas into something great. Lucas on his own is a talentless hack who is only good at making money
>>
>>386023036
He's a delusional westaboo who thinks of himself as some avant-garde artist.
>>
>>386023036
he wishes he was a Hollywood celebrity
>>
>>386018383
Why does /v/ love Kojima? Is it because he is autistic ameriboo and his fans are americans while europeans see he is garbage tier dev?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170803-083846.jpg (539KB, 1366x1131px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170803-083846.jpg
539KB, 1366x1131px
"""""""""""""""Working on the game"""""""""""""""""
>>
File: 1497399346858.png (169KB, 545x370px) Image search: [Google]
1497399346858.png
169KB, 545x370px
>>386018383
because they immediately said 日本語でおk
>>
>>386023150
Yep. I really want to know how many celebrities he's working with have actually looked into mgs4 or 5's story. Something tells me of they had they wouldn't be working with him.
>>
Kojima is not only a hack, he's also a faggot and a bad person. Why the fuck else would he replace Hayter with that drunk from 24?
>>
>>386019045
>Canned when it's being financed by Sony

If this game bombs Kojima will leave the industry.
>>
>>386023452
Hi David.
>>
>>386023240
desu, i could see many looking to try anything else but film given the climate of the film industry. I wont be surprised when big names start doing games more.
>>
>>386022202
Hitman? Open world? Isn't it very bound to a small area? And Gorund Zeroes was also a very small area. GTA...well GTA is all rehashed games in these days with a new engine with some new shit added now and then. You cannot really interact much with the world.

I still think Phantom Pain is not better or worse as a Sandbox game. But the sandbox hurt more than it added or gave to series, so much that MGS is probably dead as a "Espionage" game with shit ton of cutscenes and wonky characters and odd boss fights.
>>
>>386022816
MGS4-V were already the equivalent of the prequels in terms of Kojima having more authority and more bullshit flooding through due to this
>>
>>386023452

He fired Hayter because he told him that the ending of MGS4 was shit.
>>
I did some research and discovered that most of his past, and present, colleagues do not seem to have him in their social networks. Unless, he's concealing himself under a pseudonym which is a possibility.

It strikes me as kind of odd given how much of a presence he garners on twitter.
>>
>>386023653

i don't believe you
>>
>>386023690
Its almost like social media isnt as important as it presents itself as.
>>
>>386019105
David Cage spotted
>>
>>386018549
>confirmed
He always was the Japanese David Cage since the PSX days.
>>
>>386023452
Hayter talked mad shit about Kojima's corny writing in MGS (specifically the "can love bloom on a battlefield" scene). Kojima surrounds himself with yes men and beta devs who can only follow orders. he tried to change things about Snake's character (common in western acting for actor/director to collab on a character) but in Japan they just don't do that
>>
>>386023170
>Implying you wouldn't want to hang out with Edgar Wright
>>
>>386023616
fair enough but at least V had great gameplay
>>
>>386018383
>Hype up game for the next 5-7 years
>Finally release it
>It's shit as expected
>People will still suck his dick because hype and he's Kojima
Like clockwork. It's gonna be MGSV all over again.
>>
>>386024063
His yes men also convinced him the mgs1 translation was shit and "ruined the story" or something which is why mgs2 and 3's translation is really literal.
>>
*spends 60% of the budget on actors and mocapped cutscenes*
>gamepray what is that?
>>
>>386019790
>Sony going bankrupt
I would consider him a hero if he brought down Sony. But not just Sony video games. He would have to bring down the entirety of Sony games, movies and all.
>>
>>386024247
really? 2 and 3 seemed fine.
>>
>>386024270
Well MGSV has some of the best movement in all of video games soooooo
>>
>>386024035
Except Kojima's games are functional, and actually play like video games.
>>
>>386024418
So what, you faggot? Did Kojima code the movement?
>>
>>386023615
>Hitman? Open world? Isn't it very bound to a small area? And Gorund Zeroes was also a very small area.
He said sandbox, not open world.
>>
>>386024418
Too bad everything else was shit.
>>
>>386024525
What's the difference?
>>
>>386024654
Sandbox means an open-ended area that you can mess around in and interact with. It doesn't have to be open world.
>>
>>386024525
>>386024654
I do wonder, what is the difference? Is a highly interactive game that is linear a sandbox cause you can do bit what you want and solve issues how you want?

>>386024472
Not that guy but if Shigeru gonna get all fucking cred for Mario...
>>
>>386024794
So Sandbox means it can be any fucking genre and game, even a heavily interactive RTS?

Non the less, OPEN WORLD games, which Witcher 3, Skyrim, GTA and so on is, are often empty games. You need to compare Phantom Pain to those in the aspect of Open world. TO say "sandbox" with your definiation is bit unjust if we compare Hitman or other games in such a narrow zone of places you can walk.
>>
>>386019105
Who the fuck writes like this? Grow up you spacker.
>>
>>386018383
So it'll be convoluted shit that won't make sense to anyone but diehard Kojima fans that will just make up their own bullshit to connect the dots. Got it
>>
>>386019482
>Lucas was a genius ahead of his time
Only when it came to cinematography and financing. Literally everything else he had someone else fix his fuckups for. That's why the prequels were so shit because no one had the balls to say "no George, that's a terrible idea."
>>
>>386019513
>dev gets angry
>dev
This is the kind of retard that thinks he has a say about the industry.

kys
>>
>>386021037
Except all MGS games have sucked, and they focus on an incredibly retarded and terrible story.
The dialogues throughout that franchise are some of the worst pieces of shit i've ever read.
>>
>>386024654
>>386024850
Sandbox is open level in which you can do whatever you want, complete the objectives in many different ways, some that developers didn't even intend to be made. Best example being Hitman games (with exception of Absolution).

While open world is a big world without loading screens (most of times, at least). Example being GTA. But yeah, open world games are usually sandboxes.

But the thing about sandboxes not being open world, is that they can be much more detailed and give better overall experience. That's why I preferred GZ to TPP.
>>
>>386023452
Because Hayter is a legitimately bad VA that only retards liked?
Plus, due to the union, he had to pay Hayter a fuckload, and for that price, might as well hire someone that's actually famous and has acting skills.
>>
>>386024931
What seperates sandboxes from other genres is that you're encouraged to do stupid, experimental shit rather than play the game in a utilitarian way.

Groznyj Grad in MGS3 for example is a sandbox because you can spend hours just messing around with the AI rather than making any progress. You basically make your own fun with the tools given to you.

Something like TW3 isn't a sandbox because having fun in that game requires you to follow quests and explore in the way that the designers intended. It's a far more controlled experience.

Basically, a sandbox requires the devs to have minimal control over the player's experience.
>>
File: 1477227033578.gif (2MB, 280x296px) Image search: [Google]
1477227033578.gif
2MB, 280x296px
>>386024270
>le reddit asterisks
>>
>>386024270
>focus on story
>WOW THIS IS A MOVIE

>focus on gameplay
>WOW WHERE'S THE STORY

Kojima's biggest mistake has always been listening to the worthless advice the retarded MGS reddit fanbase ever has had to say.
>>
I just want another Metal Gear Rising :(
>>
>>386024463
Too bad for every 5 minutes of gameplay there are 20 minutes of cutscenes.
>>
>>386024463
David Cage games are functional too and play like point and click adventure games.

It doesn't make the story in those games any less shit.
>>
>>386025508
>It's impossible to make a game with good story and gameplay
This isn't some too little too much macaroni shit
>>
I'vve never played his games but I follow him on twitter. Seems like he loves films instead of videogames
>>
Must be hard working for an "artist" who can't explain or doesn't know what he wants himself.
>>
>>386026106
He doesn't have time to play video games, yet he manages to watch a movie or two every day.
Also
>Kojima, who watches a film every day as part of his work routine, rarely plays video games these days. “I only have 24 hours a day,” he explains. “In that time I have to do business, find the time to be creative and also spend time with my family. Time for myself is limited and, if I have to prioritise, I’ll always choose reading. I’ll play games only if it’s a very interesting, appealing title.”
>“For example, I played the first hour of L.A. Noire,” he says, “but I’d had enough by that point and stopped there.”
>“I was also really looking forward to Red Dead Redemption,” he explains. “But when I started playing the Japanese version I realised it was a long game, so I gave up about midway through.”
Then he proceeds to make an open world game where he wants players to find new stuff after 100 hours.
>>
>>386025418
But then Phantom Pain is one of the best sand boxes, you can approach almost all missions in so many ways.
>>
>>386023469
Kojima has been dreaming about leaving the industry and directing movies instead for over a decade now.
>>
>>386026639
It still lacks variety in setting and objectives and the fact that you have to call in a care package to replay missions makes replaying them a chore.
>>
>explaining high art to code monkeys
>>
Hideo Kojima has never made a bad game, even his visual novels from the 80's have have a level of depth and attention to detail still unseen in most modern games
>>
>>386026889
He literally said he wants to keep making games until the day he dies.
>>
>>386026032
>videogame with good story
No, it's not, and story is unnecesary.
>>
>>386027036
Sup Joff how's the doritos
>>
>>386026889
Actually, everything he has said and done points at the opposite.
He no longer needs to make movies to do what he wants.
>>
>>386024348

2 is robotic and overlong tripe. The reason normies think it's complicated is because the writing is so poor.

3 is shit because the story is shit.

>Jack, I went into space, lmao
>>
If anyime taught me one thing it's that you will never be able to understand a japanese person trying to speak english.
>>
>>386026960
What is a better Sandbox Open World game although?

I would Say Witcher 3 but then its an RPG. A Stealth open world game is a pretty fucked up idea to start with. The amount of shit to do need to be so vast.
>>
File: 1501250376767.png (134KB, 300x377px) Image search: [Google]
1501250376767.png
134KB, 300x377px
THE TIME HAS COME TO AN END
>>
>>386018383
Its a game thats gonna push co-op features, ofcourse its going to be shitty.
>>
I hope that he and Konami both cry
>>
>>386025434
That's right, Jay!
>>
>>386018383
>Kojima is a pretentious hack! More news at 11.
>>
>>386023104
>talentless hack
>good at making money
Pick one
>>
File: 1325704010001.png (8KB, 410x284px) Image search: [Google]
1325704010001.png
8KB, 410x284px
What type of game is Death Stranding? What will the gameplay be like?
>>
>>386022924
>tfw so many hemorrhoids every shit is pain

anyway, he called 4chan the toilet of the internet, not saying that he was posting from his toilet.
>>
>>386028642
>Gameplay
>>
>>386023170
He's a certified card carrying westaboo and all of his games are heavily influenced by western cinema. You don't think that he would be doing shit like this? Only the japanese believe that their employees should be slaves to their work.
>>
>>386028642
3rd person action shooter.
>>
"Okay guys so you're Big Boss but the twist is you're actually not Big Boss. But the actual twist is that you might be the real Big Boss but forgot because David Bowie
>>
>>386020495
>citation needed
>>
>>386018549
>Japanese David Cage
Will this game transcend him into the Japanese David LYNCH though?
>>
>>386023154
Kojima still makes the best gameplay mechanics hands down

You guys can shit on the story and setpieces for MGS4 and V all you want. But the actual movement and feeling of the gameplay is untouchable by any other dev

>inb4 its not him
Kojima knows how to code, he specifically fine-tuned snake's movement in V to his liking
>>
>>386028843
now watch the entire excruciating 2 hour intro again with minor differences while your mind fails to blow
>>
>>386023104
>with terrible ideas
but most of the prequel ideas were good, they were just executed awfully
>>
>>386023452
Hayter should have never been Big Boss anyway
>>
>>386019482
>playing cinematic shit
>thinking of games as second rate movies
>giving literally a fuck about bloggers and paid shills
>>
>>386019105
,.?!

Here, those are free. Use them.
>>
>>386022031

>The church comes into contact with aliens, hilarity ensues

I'm on my second playthrough and i still don't know who are supposed to be the aliens. Amygdala? Moon Prescense?
>>
>kojima under sony
>ever releasing a game
I say it constantly in these threads, if sony pictures isn't being canned there's no way Kojima will be forced to work.
>>
he is the kurosawa of our generation
>>
>>386030815
All of them except for the transformed humans.
>>
>>386018549
David Cage is the French Kojima you mean
>>
Man it kills me inside that Guillermo is such a huge cuck these days. I guess you gotta separate the artist from the work right? Weirdly his films seem completely absent of black dick worship and you wouldn't even know about it unless you followed him on twitter or caught an interview.
>>
>>386029230
The only thing good at all about the prequels were the visuals.
>>
Cleve's blog. Proof this guy is batshit insane, and not the good kind.

http://vault-co.blogspot.com/
>>
>>386032792
Wait, shit, wrong thread.
>>
File: question kanna.png (118KB, 404x404px) Image search: [Google]
question kanna.png
118KB, 404x404px
What if the game isn't shit?
>>
>>386028870
schafer absolutely ruined brutal legend. He had an insane budget and hired so many famous VAs and still managed to direct it into a boring bland disaster. kotick never held back talking shit about him either and frankly I'm more likely to believe kotick especially after the 3.3 million dollar meme machine that was broken age.
>>
>>386030815
>I'm on my second playthrough and i still don't know who are supposed to be the aliens. Amygdala? Moon Prescense?
All these ultradimensional entities or the moon faggot that is literally an alien?
Gee dunno why ppl say that there are aliens in this game, is stupid.
>>
>>386032857
Impossible scenario
>>
File: atomowki.jpg (42KB, 400x219px) Image search: [Google]
atomowki.jpg
42KB, 400x219px
>>386018383
WOW, PERHAPS IT'S NOT BECAUSE STORY IS SO DEEP AND PROFOUND BUT BECAUSE KOJIMA SUCKS AT EXPLAINING SHIT TO PEOPLE
>>
>>386024334
Maybe that's his end goal.
>>
>>386026889
He's already making movies, tho
>>
>>386023154
>too young to have playerd MG and MGS
He has a lifetime of cred to waste on shitty releases if he wants.
>>
>>386032848
It works out, I was going to call all these plebs Neanderthals anyway fellow Sape.
>>
>>386023469
that's what he said about MGSV
>>
>>386028759
>games
>influenced
>by
>cinema.

See? That's the problem right there. They should let him write and direct a movie so he can finally show how much of a hack he is.
>>
>>386019790
>Sony going bankrupt
I hope this happens
>>
>>386019482
Lucas had an editor to pick up his boring mess. If you want to see examples of his forward thinking in directing, watch the prequels.
>>
>>386019482
The only original SW movie that lucas actually wrote and directed was A New Hope, and that one was easily the worst of the three
>>
>trailer opens with a quote
>a shitty nonsensical quote
>the rest of it is also as randumb xd
Guaranteed shit.
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.