[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monster Hunter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: Monster_Hunter_logo.png (152KB, 386x273px) Image search: [Google]
Monster_Hunter_logo.png
152KB, 386x273px
I've played Freedom 1, 3U, 4U, and Gen, all to exhaustion.
Are Freedom Unite and P3rd worth my time despite this? I know FU is a fanbase darling but I've already experienced crushing difficulty with F1 and most of its monster cast in 4U.

MH thread I guess.
>>
>>386015719
You have no reason to play P3rd
I don't think you have one to play MHFU either. Maybe the Yamatsukami isn't in 4U and Gen ?

Anyway, FU have shallower weapons and shitty hitbox, I see no real reason to play it. I did solo almost every quest if you want to know how much I played it.
>>
>>386015913
I did miss a few like Yama and Shen Gaoren. I'm mostly asking because things like atmosphere and pacing can create a unique experience that can't be measured by a wiki list.
>>
Freedom Unite is the best game in the series
>>
File: 1404019091743.jpg (53KB, 278x341px) Image search: [Google]
1404019091743.jpg
53KB, 278x341px
How can i stop being so shit at freedom 1?
I started with it but I've been stuck at the Rathalos for about five years or so. every year or so I pick it up and hunt a few more kut-ku and gypceros' before putting it back down in frustration.
I recently picked up an old copy of Tri for like 3 dollarydoos and holy shit is it so much easier. I've fucking annihilated the Barroth already on my fourth day or so of playing. at least now I think I understand the whole anti-tribabby sentiment.
>>
>>386016920
Instead of being reactive, you have to be proactive. Anticipate what the Rathalos might possibly do at any given time rather than what it's doing.
So, never stand in front of it unless it's currently locked in animation and you're certain you can get away before it's neutral again. Be ready for the possibility of the tail swipe and don't commit to lengthy attacks at its sides. Never wait until its attack actually starts to get out of the way, it'll be too late.
>>
FU alone is good but since a lot of its shit is used in future games I wouldn't say it's worth it right now

Probably wait for MHW/MHXX
>>
>>386015719
>playing P3rd after 3U
>playing FU after 4U+Gen
Only if you hate yourself. Wait for World if you want something new.
>>
>>386017209
FU is the best (read: only) G rank game available on PC, so it's better than nothing.
>>
Anyone here play Dauntless? I know it looked bat in the pre alpha footage but I'm still curious
>>
>>386018187

Will prob play it untill MHW is released.
>>
>>386018187
>dauntless
FUCKING
KEK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_93VP4Q0d0
>>
>>386018308
Good lord that looks bad.
>>
File: threadkiller.jpg (112KB, 1148x933px) Image search: [Google]
threadkiller.jpg
112KB, 1148x933px
>Page 8
Nooooo
>>
Monster Hunter thread?
What's your favorite weapon?
What's your favorite armor set?
Who's the best guild babe? (there is a correct answer to this question)
>>
>>386019090
>Favorite weapon
CHARGE BLADE IN THIS BITCH
>Favorite armor set
I'm a big fan of the ingot set
>Guild babe
Gotta be Aisha
>>
>>386019090
>favorite weapon?
The switch-axe is pure sex
>favorite armor set?
Its not really that powerful but I really like the look of the hornetaur set. I like the ridiculous pauldrons
>best guild babe?
Guild Sweetheart from tri a qt
>>
3U is a better version of P3rd
4U is a better version of FU
You have no reason to touch that outdated garbage
>>
>>386019968
Well, not having the consoles is a problem,
and also P3rd isn't necessarily a downgraded 3U, but rather a 3U with less features. Some would say that removal of underwater combat is a positive.
>>
>>386019968
3ds emulation WHEN
>>
>>386020027
Lack of G Rank in P3rd is a bummer, though
>>
>>386020887
Yeah true, but its roster is SO much better. Give me the Urgaan and Duramboros over anything that FU has to offer.
>>
>>386020629
Citra is working on MH4U as we speak
>>
>>386023534
Do you have any source for that? I would love to read about citra progress
>>
>>386024384
Well, it looks like it's running (KINDA SORTA NOT REALLY)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcqFGIeVF20
>>
File: 1427150471258.jpg (181KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1427150471258.jpg
181KB, 1280x720px
>>386016263
I love P3rd's village atmosphere, but I kind of agree with the other guy, with that much MH experience you have next to nothing to gain from P3rd.

>>386017169
>Instead of being reactive, you have to be proactive
This.
Monster Hunter is deep down not about quick reflex dodging, but keeping yourself positioned so that you are not at high risk of being hit to begin with.
Yes yes, you CAN do epic MLG 1-frame dodges, but most of humanity isn't up to that level. And the basic mentality of methodical preparation still stands.
>>
>don't bring flashbombs, rathalos spends all his time flying, you can't do shit
>bring flashbombs, rathalos spends the entire time on the ground not doing shit
This monster is beyond saving. Either it's unfun or boring. At least astalos is a fun flying wyvern hunt
>>
>>386027002
>Bring flashbombs
>Ok i'm not gonna use it now, he's obviously gonna attack
>Ok, he attacked
>No wait, this is a bad time, the flashbomb's gonna miss
>I'll wait
>Okay he attacked!
>No... not yet
>Okay, NOW!
>Rathalos instantly turns around and flies to the opposite side of the arena

EVERY
FUCKING
TIME
>>
File: NPJB40001_00002.jpg (262KB, 1920x998px) Image search: [Google]
NPJB40001_00002.jpg
262KB, 1920x998px
>>386027376
>use 5+ flashbangs
>none of them hit
JUST
>>
>>386027819
I can't wait to actually be able to aim my flashbombs in MHW.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.