[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FUCKING WHEN?!?!?!?!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11

File: left-4-dead-3.jpg (223KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
left-4-dead-3.jpg
223KB, 1920x1080px
FUCKING WHEN?!?!?!?!
>>
File: 192.png (211KB, 828x766px) Image search: [Google]
192.png
211KB, 828x766px
>Valve
>making games
Literally no need since they can just release a whole bunch of skins for their games and get twice as much profit from making a new game
>>
Gabe was once quoted saying it would be good to make a third L4D game. Improve on the flaws, flesh out the characters, etc. But they won't even try if they can't make a good plot. A game can look nice and play well, but Valve won't put out with a weak shitty plot.
>>
They're working on it but fuck knows. I'm curious how many new SI we'll get. The game is reasonably balanced for pub games though SI have it a bit rough with the gratuitous health packs.
>>
File: left-4-dead.jpg (853KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
left-4-dead.jpg
853KB, 1680x1050px
I'm just curious how they're gonna do the cover art for 4
>>
File: fag.jpg (384KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fag.jpg
384KB, 1920x1080px
>>386012540
It already came out though
>>
>>386013672
Left 4 Dead 4 Real
>>
>>386013672
Add thumb, remove pinky.
>>
>>386013592
Versus mode is one of the worst online experiences I've ever had. I played hours of it hoping it would get better, but it never did. Never a close match, one team always dominates the other. Stomping a team that has no hope isn't fun, and getting stomped isn't fun.
>>
>>386013592
I personally think that the new Special Infected from Left 4 Dead 2 are a great example on how a sequel can improve upon its original.
Every one of the new Special Infected serves the purpose to counter a Survivor strategy of the first game and many new Infected strategies were born due to the new possible Special Infected combinations.
I do wonder what they could add to Left 4 Dead 3, though. As you have said, the game seems pretty balanced now. Of course there are many ideas floating around the internet, but most of them go for the cool-factor only. Additionally, I see a trend where fan-made Special Infected only serve the purpose of afflicting damage, while in Left 4 Dead 2 it never was that easy.

A few ideas of mine:
A Special Infected similar to the Spitter, but whose spit does not damage the Survivors but instead slows them. Survivors walking through that spit for an extended time will have a slow-effect even after they leave that spit. Special Infected can thus prevent Survivors from rushing. Alternatively, this spit could be used as an anti-adrenaline. Healing, Reviving, Picking up, reloading will all take longer.

A Special Infected similar to the charger, only that it doesn't knock the survivors around, but instead knocks items out of their hands. A struck survivor suddenly finds himself with only his pistol or melee and now needs to grab his primary weapon as well as throwables, medkits, pills etc. again. Maybe Special Infected could take advantage of that by knocking items out of the map if possible, forcing the Survivors to go looking for more resources.
>>
>>386013997
Play Acemod.
>>
>>386013997
It's a hard game to get good at, I poured in about 90hours of practicing stuff just to get decent. You really have to understand a lot of things. The other issue is you're only as good as your team and individual skill can only get you so far. The main issue of course is that most of the people that still play are very good and have 2000+ hours. Best tip I can give is if you were stomped, ask the stompers what you did wrong.
Might have been spread out to much, not pushing far enough after SI are clear, maybe pushed too far and we're in a bad spot etc. L4D2 is a lot more complex than people think. Vanilla Versus has a lot of issues though.
>>
>>386014385
I wouldn't for a second attempt to get back into it at this point. I haven't played Versus in L4D1 or 2 since 2009. The concept of playing as the SI is what drew me in. A 4 player co-op version of that would have been neat.
>>
>>386014203
Yeah, it's going to interesting. I feel that they're going to have to implement one more incapper and two utility SI. Also it's going to make sacking orders more complicated or more random. You're waiting for boomer but get spitter or a new SI instead. Would be interesting if you could pick from a pool of SI with limitations in place, say like not picking the same class twice in a row, to stop charger/boomer spamming.
>>
>>386014502
Yeah I'd like to see SI coop, if only boys weren't so braindead and easy to kill.
>>
File: HardRain.jpg (177KB, 800x1021px) Image search: [Google]
HardRain.jpg
177KB, 800x1021px
What's your favorite campaign guy?
Mine are the one in L4D2. so yeah, that games has taken a sharp turn from the first one: going from a survival-horror to a more lighthearted comedy one disappointed some, but i really loved it and it was really well-done. I really fucking love Dark Carnival because of this.

But the best campaign is unironically Hard Rain. Ohhhh sweet Hard Rain. It's one of the best, if not THE best, Rain i've ever seen in a videogame. Like fuck, the atmosphere, the transition between calm and hard rain, the sugar factory with the witch, everything about this map is SO fucking well done. The rain sound.. ughhhhh.. i love it. It's in those moment i wish i could play L4D2 with a VR headset.
>>
>>386015006
My personal favorite is Dark Carnival. Simply the best maps for me.
Then Parish.
Then No Mercy.
>>
>>386015006
The weather in that map blew me away. Valve can do some pretty neat things when they want to make video games.

My favorite campaign would be No Mercy. I love the atmosphere of a big city emptied out. I like seeing the hospital's exterior and how tall it is before entering. I only wish there were more floors to scale, and windows looking out.
>>
>>386013672
Middle Finger to the fans.
>>
>>386015006
rich guy > redneck > biker > old man > old nigger > nigger > waifu > niggress
>>
>>386012540
probably some time before the end of 2020.
>>
>>386015006
Personally: No Mercy > Death Toll > Dead Centre
>>
File: Bill_Overbeck.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Overbeck.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>386016537
Bill & Nick > Every other character
>>
>>386012540

Everyday the same shitty thread, everyday the same shitty answers (like this one).
>>
>>386016537
Childhood is hating Rochelle. Adulthood is realising she is the patrician choice. Especially laughing at a hunter after skeeting, or levelling a charge.
>>
>>386016823
Patrician taste.
Nick for humor
Bill for existing
>>
>>386016892
Spaming laughter is the one thing Rochelle is good for. And installing that mod which gives her a dress and high heels.
>>
File: Warhammer-Vermintide-Banner.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer-Vermintide-Banner.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
>>386012540
Who cares, real question is when will we be getting a sequel to this?
>>
File: 1329720499012.png (4KB, 302x237px) Image search: [Google]
1329720499012.png
4KB, 302x237px
>>386013528
>Valve won't put out with a weak shitty plot.

Jesus Christ it's a godamn co-op zombie game. How interesting does the story need to be?

>there are zombies
>you shoot them
>but it turns out that man is the TRUE monster!
>>
>>386013672
Left 4 Dead Infinite

And it's the middle finger
>>
I want L4D3 about Midnight Riders and their bus
Or about 4 total rednecks
>>
>>386017187
>original game lacking actual meat and content and is only really coop
>when are we getting a sequel
>>
>>386015006
My only problem with the hard rain is that you have to backtrack half of the campaign. I mean I know that's the whole point but still they could've make Virgil wait for the team at a different place. The atmosphere and environment are definitely top notch though.
>>
File: 1413156287101.gif (2MB, 390x277px) Image search: [Google]
1413156287101.gif
2MB, 390x277px
>Valve
>Making games
>>
>>386012661
/thread
>>
>>386014203
1400 hours on steam, the slowing SI seems like it could work. Normal charge spit and then throw down slowing spit to keep them there longer.

Issue with that though the game is rather balanced if you play correctly. I don't play with new players anymore and everyone I play with knows tank punch dodging and shit of that nature.

Knocking out weapons from the hand seems like kind of a terrible idea in the long run as I feel people would get more annoyed than actually challenged by that aspect. As everyone I play with uses melees to hit smoker tongues and insta kill chargers already it's not even a set back to veteran players.
>>
>>386012540
Not soon for sure.
Few years maybe.
Never possibly.
>>
i think splatoon 2's salmon run is a much improved L4D
>>
The left 4 dead guys formed turtle rock, didn't they? Ideally Valve would just throw money at them, but lol
>>
>>386015006
No Mercy and The Passing
>>
File: 1500471158177.png (64KB, 565x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500471158177.png
64KB, 565x600px
>le Valve doesn't make games meme xxxxDD

fucking kys what is The Lab?
>>
If Valve is ever going to make another game within the next few years, it's either going to be another Counter Strike or Dota 3, since CS:GO and Dota 2 are huge money makers. Combine that with two new entries and BOOM, you're overflowing the banks with green for the first year or two while people slowly transition over to the newer games while still buying crap from the older ones. Just rinse and repeat. I bet by 2030 we'll have Dota 4 and CS:S 2 on the way out looking at the self lives of each game. One man can dream though. I still want episode 3
>>
File: 1493175779947.jpg (50KB, 511x672px) Image search: [Google]
1493175779947.jpg
50KB, 511x672px
You know how painful it will be with Valve.

>here it is
>finally
>the third installment of the beloved series developed by Valve 5hwt everyone's been waiting for....
Portal 3
>>
>>386017815
We're talking about actual third party video games. Not VR crap.
>>
>>386012661
More like:
>Valve
>Making the 3rd of any franchise.

>Half life, 2, Episode 1 and 2, No 3rd game.
>Left 4 Dead, 2, No 3rd game
>Team Fortress, 2, No 3rd game.

Gabe is just allergic the the number 3, get used to it.
>>
>>386018050
Didn't he work at micro$oft but quit before they got to Windows 3 or something?
>>
It's known in certain places that 2017 was going to be the year they release L4D3. Even with all the memes, it was the game they had the most people working, and it was going to showcase all the features of Source 2, as the DOTA 2 port wasn't that impressive. Problem is that , because of Valve's structure, the senior devs there simply stopped to work on it and jumped on the VR projects, while the ones that wanted to continue L4D3 had to follow the clique's decision. And, as it goes with pretty much any Valve project, I doubt they'll go back to it after they finish their VR games, if they even finish those.
>>
>>386017547
>Issue with that though the game is rather balanced if you play correctly.
That's the whole problem. L4D3 doesn't need no Special Infected, unless it introduces new gameplay mechanics which require these new SI to counter the newer mechanics. However, even if L4D3 doesn't introduce new mechanics, you can't just ship the game with NO new SI. People would rage.
>Knocking out weapons from the hand seems like kind of a terrible idea in the long run as I feel people would get more annoyed than actually challenged by that aspect.
True, but to be honest, getting boomed by a boomer is more annoying than it is challenging too.
>As everyone I play with uses melees to hit smoker tongues and insta kill chargers already it's not even a set back to veteran players.
Maybe that new charger variation can't be leveled? I dunno, sounds really hard to balance, but maybe a studio like VALVe could manage it.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.