[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Intense late-game level where several waves of enemies are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: turok evolution.jpg (21KB, 256x324px) Image search: [Google]
turok evolution.jpg
21KB, 256x324px
>Intense late-game level where several waves of enemies are thrown at you in a large circular room
>Survive the final wave, no threat left, just take the elevator up to the goal to finish the level
>Elevator crushes me and kills me on its way down, have to start entire level all over

What's your opinion on this game?
>>
>>386012337
>Elevator crushes me and kills me on its way down, have to start entire level all over
The real Dark Souls starts here.
>>
>>386012337
It's pretty bad but you can see some good ideas here and there
lack of polish and general bugginess kills it though
>>
>>386012337
It´s pretty shit
But I´d still like NightDrive to remaster it and put it on Steam
>>
It's fuckin fun
>>
>>386012914

That's how I felt. It was fun to play yet felt super unpolished. The weapons were fun to use and you can feel the impact when you hit enemies.
>>
>>386013102
The weapons felt top-notch and what made me replay it several times.
Hell, even the War Club was fun to use. Just charge it up and bumrush a dude and turn his head into a meaty crater.
>>
Tried to play a couple of matches splitscreen with my pal for nostalgia. Holy hell it's unplayable. It's like 5 FPS.
>>
>>386012337
This game, man.

I barely thought it would live up to the hype, let alone exceed it. I've been playing for fifty hours straight across only two chapters and about five mini bosses, and it has been absolutely and utterly humbling. My breath is being taken away at every turn.

I just died trying desperately to make my way out of a dark underwater cave on a cold, lonely, massive dungeon with ominous growling startling me from far across some rocky, eroded mountains against the backdrop of a massive dark blue door. Earlier I was marveling at a herd of grazing antelope-like creatures on a little yellow paradise of a dungeon with a pink sky-box. Creatures were screeching in the distance and tinkling piano chords played in the background.

I very much appreciate the technical and leveling aspects such as driving and cooking, but most of all, this game has been an extremely emotional experience for me so far. I could barely pull myself away from my first mini-boss once I acquired the warp-slash. No matter what I'm looking at, I have this excitement and this wonder and frustration that I am inevitably missing so much. I have never, EVER felt this lost. Final Fantasy just beckons, wordlessly. What a beautiful, beautiful, titanic game. I have no words.

Enjoy, everyone. And thank you Aklaim. Jeez Louise.
>>
File: 1431221921489.png (137KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1431221921489.png
137KB, 500x667px
Even as a kid I was able to look past all the pretty graphics to realize this game was kinda mediocre compared to Turok 2.
It turns out the PS2 version was the crappiest port, so that might explain why it felt like shoddy shit.

But it was still fucking fun.

>Shooting down animals at the title screen with the 'hunter' cheat
>Entering a zoo full of all the animal NPC's with the 'zoo' cheat
>Using the all weapons cheat gives you a pistol in the zoo
>>
shotgun in 2 is flat /unsatisfying unless you nail a headshot
>>
>>386014147
If you're a kid and you don't play a game for fun but graphics and are under the age of 12 you are definetly autistic, or i'm just a normie faggot which i'd rather be.
>>
I remember being stuck on a level where a door opens but somehow you can't get past it because of an invisible wall. You have to destroy two "generators" or whatever they are, must have missed that because I had to go to my local game shop to show the guy what the bug was (I don't think I had Internet at the time).
He couldn't help me ;_;
Finally solved it by going apeshit and shooting everything everywhere. It's worth noting that IIRC enemies just keep coming forever, so it's hard as shit to even get the time to look at the environment to see what must be done. I wonder now if it was due to language barrier, or me just simply not giving a fuck about the story despite the game being one of those I wanted most at the time. Too bad the game gets too fast from the Jurassic Park feeling to "everything is part robot part alien" whit, just like the Turok on PS3 later. Still, I think I liked it. Fuck the final boss though.
tl;dr I always loved Turok.
>>
>>386014943
Ahah, I'm glad then that I was not the only one. Thank god for Internet.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/gamecube/551514-turok-evolution/answers/222344-theres-a-glitch-on-chapter-5-meltdown-thats-driving-me-nuts-how-do-i-fix-it
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.