[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Resident Evil Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 19

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (164KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
164KB, 1280x720px
Literally how can anyone that call themselves a RE fan be angry about the current status of the franchise?

RE7 wasn't perfect, but it got the important things right, it re-imagined the franchise in a more modern context and laid a solid foundation for future titles. RE6's blockbuster 4 campaign approach was simply not substainable due to insane costs, and if you're angry about the lack of action and fan-service there is Vendetta and clearly a new Action Spin-off coming out; and if you're an OG fan REmake2 is on the way.

Mainline goes forward with the RE7 style and pushes the franchise forward.
Spin-offs take care of the more guilty pleasure shit.
REmake2 brings back the classic.

So again, what is there to be mad about? Every front is covered.
>>
>it's a true fan jerkoff episode

Resident Evil 6 owns sorry pal.
>>
>>386012331

REVII is the RE4 of the current generation, and we all know that.
>>
Contrarians.

>tfw Not a Hero is never coming out
>>
>>386012331
I liked the game, but we all know the franchise isn't the most consistent when it comes to gameplay. I can see why people wouldn't like it compared to other titles.
But Re7 did get meme hate with the "twitch bait" and other similar complaints.
REmake 2 fucking when?
>>
>>386012463
A fantastic game that will change the course of the series, potentially for the worse?
>>
>>386012331
>RE7 was perfect

marketer-kun is back after yet another ban evade.

>Mainline goes forward with the RE7 style and pushes the franchise forward.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPw9HIH8D9Y
>>
>>386012571

Yes.
>>
>>386012436
RE6's style was also a dead end for the franchise.

After you've gone with a massive 4 campaign worldwide bioterrorism where do you go? How do you outdo yourself? You can't, it's diminishing returns; which RE6 already suffered from after RE5 basically fucking ended the franchise by killing Wesker.

RE7 was 100% the right move.
>>
Re7 was a solid 6 of a game.

High potential, but it falls apart once you leave the front door of the mansion.

Enemy variety is way too low, non-linearity is near non-existent, survival mechanics are undercooked. Game was way too easy and they threw away one of the best parts of the game (Jack) way too early.

I liked it and I hope they stay going in the same direction for 8, but they need to make some more big changes to make it really shine.

Hoping they keep the perspective and don't go back to 5/6's style of play.
>>
RE Vendetta is the real RE7.
>>
>>386012436
>sorry pal

You realise you don't speak for the majoraty and we arrive at this concusion every thread.
>>
>>386012331
Keep single player titles like RE7 in the series, but keep making co-op titles like Revelations and 5/6 and I'll be happy.

I've put more hours in to 5 and 6 because of replayability over co-op than any other games in the series by far.
>>
>>386012331
I didn't love REVII, but it was certainly a step up from 5, 6, and Revelations. Story sucked, and enemy variety was awful, but I enjoyed the atmosphere and exploration. Might also helped that I played in VR. All I want from the franchise is a proper remake of 2 and 3, and then I will quietly bow out.
>>
>>386012803
I hope Crapcom actually does something with RE6's awesome gunplay. I don't care what game or franchise the gunplay is in so long as there's another game that plays like RE6. The problem with RE6 is that the main campaign is fucking garbage. It was shit as both a survival & an action game. Mercenaries is so good that it alone saves RE6 for me.

RE7 only selling 3 million had nothing do with RE6. RE6 was slightly similar to RE5 and only sold 1 million copies less. The reason why RE7 didn't sell anywhere near as good is due to the other half of the RE fanbase honestly was in it for the gunplay. RE4 - RE6 have extrmely unique gun based combat that I can't find anywhere else. Max Payne isn't as focused around precision shooting as RE is and Vanquish is way too over the top. RE6 is just right. It felt like a goddamn John Woo movie once you finally understand the combat flow.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 268x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 268x270px
>>386012897
>>
The best campaign in RE6 for me was Chris.
>>
>>386012463
RE7 was ALMOST the RE4 of our generation, but a few stupid things hold it back.

When playing the main house section I was thinking "Those motherfuckers did it, they fucking nailed it" but then it can't really keep that level of quality throughout. The biggest strength of RE4 (imo) is that the campaign is ridicously tight and varied, the second you start thinking "this is getting a bit stale" the game throws something new at you. RE7 tries to do that, problem is that sometimes that new thing isn't all that great.
>>
>>386013226
No lie I had way more fun watching Vendetta than I did my entire playthrough of "RE"VII
>>
File: Rebecca Wins.webm (3MB, 800x460px) Image search: [Google]
Rebecca Wins.webm
3MB, 800x460px
>>386013226
>>
>>386013302
Sounds like this series is better off without your input. Im glad you will not be playing these games anymore. K thx bai.
>>
>>386013067
>Story sucked

Implying that RE games ever had gud story. RE games have consistently had the worst written plots that I've ever seen starting with Code Veronica.

I thought Code Veronica had the worst plot ever, then RE4 came out & supassed CV as the worst plot ever, then RE5 came around and it had an even shittier plot. RE6 came around and it's plot was even more garbage than RE4 & RE5's plots combined lol. Revelations 2 was the last RE I've played and its plot is also one of the worst I've ever seen. It's not as bad as RE6's plot though. I don't think RE6's shitty plot will ever be surpassed anytime soon.
Rev1 also has a garbage plot but not as bad as RE6 either.

RE7 having a shitty plot is no surprise to me, but I don't play these games for plot.
>>
File: Chris v Leon.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Chris v Leon.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
>>386013251
Chris has always been my boy.
>>
>>386013396
t. marketer-kun get banned again please
>>
>>386012331
It was good, but overall it just felt like a RE game made by someone who never played the RE games and just heard about them second hand.
Enjoyable, but still on the far lower end of the list of the "classic horror" RE games. Granted it is pretty much amazing by modern games standard.

>>386012480
>But Re7 did get meme hate with the "twitch bait" and other similar complaints.
Well in this case it is sort of justified since the first hour or so of the game is a fucking disgustingly awful walking sim. It legitimately stopped me from playing the game for like 6 months until people reassured me it becomes an actual game later.

I hope the make another game like it but make it more recognizable as a RE game(in terms of characters and stuff like that).
>>
>>386013418
>RE7 having a shitty plot is no surprise to me, but I don't play these games for plot.
A lot of people that grew up with the series do.
>>
fixed camera & tank controls > first person > over the shoulder
>>
>>386013418
The story in RE4 is just fine. Have you ever watched or read horror at all?
>>
File: 1460064703445.png (41KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
1460064703445.png
41KB, 230x230px
>>386013335
>>
>>386013418
Well, I suppose when you put it that way, you're right. I did like the lore of the first three RE games though (and Zero to a lesser extent), exploring an area, learning about the history of Umbrella and its employees, and figuring out just what went down that brought things to that point. That element of "playing detective" really added to the experience for me.

Totally agree that everything story wise from CV on was varying degrees of shit, though. I guess I'm kind of like a Sonic fan in that regard. Each time a new entry comes out, I tell myself "THIS time, they'll turn things around".
>>
>>386012331

1-4 have awful controls. Never tried 5 or 6. I liked 7, but the first person gave me motion sickness. Overall, it's a shit series. Silent Hill 2 is a masterpiece and Silent Hills would've eternally blown RE7 the fuck out.
>>
I feel like the game would have been a fuckload more enjoyable if you could play hard mode from the start. Most of the mechanics felt a bit pointless since you were just showered it items and you never felt any tension due to the save system.
>>
>>386013685
It was fine as a cheesy standalone thing, but a huge letdown when you realize that's what they dropped what the previous games were leading up to for.
>>
>>386013959
you actually could if you preordered or bought it day 1

I still went with normal
>>
>>386013470
Nah fuck off mate, you are just salty the action shit is over. I suppose if REmake 2 ever comes out and it's back to fixed camera angles that you will call that "marketing" whwn we talk about that too.
>>
>>386014081
I know, which sucks. At least it's not locked behind DLC like what Nintendo is doing these days.
>>
File: image.gif (235KB, 340x191px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
235KB, 340x191px
>>386013956
>1-4 have awful controls
>>
The great thing about RE7 is that it doesn't try to actually be exactly like the old games, but rather be what the original game meant to a lot of people back in the 90's.

Looking back on it now RE1 seems like a cheesy charming game, but back then the notion of a video game being actual horror was extremely fresh. Only a few games like Alone in the Dark had attempted it before, but RE1 was the first real mainstream sensation. In a modern context it seems silly, but back then it was quite the serious deal.
>>
>>386014187
Classic and 4 style are RE

"RE"7 is just an outlast clone you plebbit faggot
>>
>>386014241
Shit, if they did it like Nintendo, it would be locked behind a limited run figurine that you have to race against scalpers to get.
>>
>>386014245

It's kinda gay to me. In 4, you just stand there and shoot. The camera isn't good like in GTA V. I mean, you use the left stick to move and the right stick to move the camera. RE4 says 'fuck you.' Leon turns around with the camera. That's shit. I'm not gonna respect it.
>>
>>386014389
>4 is RE

go back to whence you came
>>
>>386014483
you have to be 18+ to post here
>>
>>386014402
The controls in 1-CV make sense in that they give you consistency of control while having constantly changing camera view points. They just kept the tank controls for 4 because when they made the foundation for that game it was supposed to be horror. Having to stand still while shooting adds to a tense atmosphere of being at the hands of dangerous beings.
>>
>>386014389
I thought the Outlast meme was dead already. Neither game really plays the same.
>>
>>386014574
of course you're a nostalgia wanker

4 is too easy to be RE
>>
>>386014389
Weak b8
>>
>>386012802
This is happening to all mediums. They've taken things so far that people now prefer subtle more refined media. RE was always subtle and local, they fucked it up when they went full Michael Bay.
>>
File: image.png (882KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
882KB, 1136x640px
>>386014389
>Classic and 4 style are RE

Been playing since 1998 here, what exactly is your justification for this? And bear in mind i love Re4 and bought it on day ONE. However, what people "care about" is not uniform across people because RE encompasses so many different styles of gameplay, hence making "What is RE" a really fucking dumb question.

Some people want claustrophobic environments and tense exploration, so we have classic RE.

Some people wanted a bit more action, so we have RE4.

Some people wanted co-op with that combat system, so we have RE5. But then also did a co-op game with the classic style and that's developed a cult following in recent times, so we have the Outbreak spinoffs.

Some people wanted it to go full retard because RE writing has always been kind of dumb, so we have RE6.

Then some people wanted the atmosphere and spooks back but didn't quite want the action, so RE7 came about and sure enough it's also struck its foothold in the market.

All of this, all of these games, are all RE. And it's not a big surprise if you don't like all of them because they're all pretty different games for different tastes, but digging your heels in and going "NO THIS ONE IN PARTICULAR IS NOT RE" makes you look like a fucking idiot.

RE is many things, and sometimes it's not what you want. Deal with it.
>>
File: 1446143546404.gif (1MB, 321x310px) Image search: [Google]
1446143546404.gif
1MB, 321x310px
>>386014389
>"RE"7 is just an outlast clone you plebbit faggot
>>
>>386014852
RE7 was far more retarded than 6. Literally spooky onryo wives and psychic mold children.
>>
>>386015049
How is that more retarded than all the ridiculous, over-the-top bullshit in 6?
>>
>>386015049
I agree with you though I just don't like meme that RE7 is somehow "smarter".

I want Outbreak 3. Imagine how good the game would be with modern Internet and hardware. So many late nights in high school playing outbreak man. I remember I stayed up all night the night before they closed the servers just playing all we could. I don't even care I fell asleep through History and Math the next day fuk skool.
>>
>it's well received so I MUST hate it!!!
>>
>>386015273
nice blogpost, faggot no one cares.
>>
RE7 is mediocre and forgettable.
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 657x670px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 657x670px
>>386015049
>RE7 was far more retarded than 6.

OH WOW YOU ARE FUCKING SERIOUS AREN'T YOU?
>i will explain later leon
>in a muniute leon
>after we get inside the cathedreal leon
>Simmons is literally a waifufag and is doing this because that one chick blew him the fuck out
>anyway he used A FUCKING BIO WEOPEN to make some other woman look like her and lets her infected highly contaigious ass run free
>also he simply had to murder the oresident and that entire American City
>also there are infected bodies of medievil warroirs in those crypts
>they have been dead for 100's of years but they are alive now because fog lol
>also they turn cranks and hit you with clubs and can fire guns
>I WILL SAY IT AGAIN ZOMBIES WITH GUNS
>btw Helena gets off scott free because muh tits and ass and she was only trying to save her sister so of course she breached sucurity ans 100,000 died as a result

nah, FUCK OFF ANON.
>>
I fucking wish the Nightmare mode in RE7 becomes a staple. So underrated.

They managed to incorporate resource management into a horde based action mode really well.
>>
>>386012331
I agree completely.

My only real issue with 7 was the ending/boat half. Discovering the key to everything was "lol the girl from FEAR except instead of ghost powers she has mushroom powers" was really disappointing, especially since they had so much potential for something interesting.

Still great overall though, really looking forward to what they do with 8
>>
>>386015447
Resident Evil 3 already had a weaponized biowepon, with a rocket launchet no less, and zombies rising from the grave. Re1 spent the whole game stringing you along. I laughed more at 7 than I did 6. Jack was awesome.
>>
File: c36a71e94d7b8fd17211a8be4531d49a.jpg (319KB, 1214x860px) Image search: [Google]
c36a71e94d7b8fd17211a8be4531d49a.jpg
319KB, 1214x860px
>>386015351
Far more memorable than any of 6's original characters.

Obviously not as much as Jill/Chris/Leon/etc because they were in several games/movies and we've known them for almost two decades
>>
File: 1490625274629.jpg (274KB, 827x909px) Image search: [Google]
1490625274629.jpg
274KB, 827x909px
Anyone else really appreciate how 7 went out of its way to let you know that pre-infection, the family were generally nice folks? (Well except the son).

I feel like media is so quick to demonize southern hicks, it was a nice breath of fresh air for them to change it up.
>>
>>386015447
>also there are infected bodies of medievil warroirs in those crypts

That is kind of weird, considering Tall Oaks is in Missouri, or some other random Midwest state.
>>
>>386012331
>Mainline goes forward with the RE7 style
RE7 had no fucking style, that's the problem. It's just another bland PT inspired horror shitfest.
>>
>>386013335
I never knew this scene existed, fuck you.
>>
>>386015883
Considering PT never came to be, I think that's a good thing. Also the obvious Evil Dead influence is nice too.
>>
>>386015883
what is it about RE7 that makes people who didn't play it speak about it so confidently
>>
Why does 7 make people so touchy?
Is it just the kids who got into RE with 5/6 being dicks?
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 400x240px
>>386015842
Well they were fucking there wern't they? Beyond retarded.
>>
File: phone frog.jpg (36KB, 600x510px) Image search: [Google]
phone frog.jpg
36KB, 600x510px
>re1 enemies
>hunters
>zombies
>doggos
>tentacle plant vagina
>bees
>crows
>tyrant
>bug dudes
>spiders
>shark
>resident evil 7 enemies
>jack
>mia which is a spam attack cutscene fight
>marguerite
>blob monster
>blob monster with claw
>super fast blob monster
>fatty
>alma 2.0 another cutscene fight
7 would have been 10x more enjoyable if i wasnt fighting the same mold blobs every other encounter
>>
>>386016101
It's the greatest irony if they actually are
>what the fuck?! RE4 is REAL RE! How can they so dramatically change the themes and playstyles of what Resident Evil are after ALL THIS TIME REEEEEEEEEEEEE

RE4 babbies are just the new nostalgiafags they so happily replaced when 4 came out. Now its happening to them, and classic fags don't give a fuck or sympathise because at least it isn't more action shit.
>>
File: Re4-ramon-salazar.jpg (1002KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Re4-ramon-salazar.jpg
1002KB, 2000x2000px
>has two main henchmen
>you only fight one
Why even make two of these characters? Just should have been one.
>>
>>386016269
yep, I miss animal enemies in RE

>set in louisiana
>no BOW gators
>>
>>386016320
It's just a common trope to have the bad guy have two symmetrical personal body guards.
>>
>>386016269
Yeah gameplay wise the lack of enemy variety is definitely 7's biggest issue I'd say.
>>
>>386016320
He uses the other one in plaga fusion
>>
>>386016320
The second one becomes the head in the Salazar boss fight so technically you do fight him.
>>
>>386016269
This is easily the game's biggest sin.

New cast was fine, like Capcom said the old cast are fucking superheroes at this point. But a fucking Resident Evil game with B.O.W's this boring? Tragic. Game was good but it could've been great.
>>
File: image.jpg (121KB, 897x891px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 897x891px
>>386016320
Does anyone else find it strange that the Verdugo wore human cloths? Like, do thry have a chambers, wake up from their slumber and put those on themselves before beggining their day? The more i think about them in robes the stranger the concept seems.
>>
>>386016269
The game seemed to be going for an Amnesia like feel rather than previous games' enemy variety.

I wonder if VR component took time away from designing more monsters?
>>
>>386016630
They're always walking around grungy areas. Are they smart enough to do their own laundry when they get dirty?
>>
>>386016630
They wear robes because of the Los Illuminatos cult.
>>
>>386016734
>I wonder if VR component took time away from designing more monsters?

VR and the fact that they made a brand new engine for this game. Molded allow them to have the same monster model without having different clothes like zombies need or whatever.

Also after RE6 had fucking B.O.W dinosaurs I think they were afraid of going too silly with the designs. Which I think is dumb but I can Imagine them thinking that.
>>
File: 1488353755865.jpg (633KB, 1500x2495px) Image search: [Google]
1488353755865.jpg
633KB, 1500x2495px
Resident Evil's first era was a virus biohazard. Resident Evil's second era was a parasite biohazard. Resident Evil's third and current era is a mold biohazard. How many games will we stick with this type before something new?
>>
>>386016865
Jesus anon i know WHY they are dressed im saying its still odd. They are animals
>>
File: 35678978904.png (70KB, 619x112px) Image search: [Google]
35678978904.png
70KB, 619x112px
>redditent evil vii
anyone who liked it can stick it up they're ass
>>
>>386017149
I would dress my mutant body guards too. Who wants to see their creepy asses all the time?
>>
>>386017149
>They are animals

Not really, they seem to have an intellect above animals.
>>
>>386017067
Like what? Magic? Fucking never. Not even 6 was dumb enough to try that.
>>
>>386017163
BACK THE FUCK OFF!?!?!?!
>>
>>386017163
Yeah, that really is the problem with RE7 isn't it?

It's just so....reddit. You know what I mean right? Really a reddit game with reddit problems. Reddit as fuck.
>>
>>386017067
>How many games will we stick with this type before something new?

Nanomachine zombies
>>
>>386016356

Elephant zombies in Outbreak.

Terrifying.
>>
Honestly surprised Jack Baker isn't in the vanilla roster for Infinite. Guess the game is too new.
>>
>>386016734
No, it's because the game's director is the same guy who did Revelations 1. Notice how 90 percent of that game's enemies are also variations on "generic blobby enemy". That what I was afraid of before this game came out, and sadly, my concerns turned out to be true.
>>
>>386013335
The original was better; she got decapitated there.
>>
>>386012331
>RE7 wasn't perfect, but it got the important things right, true

And in vr its basically as revolutionary and a game changer as the first resident evil was on playstation. Hell it even feels like the first resi.
Imo its a retourne to form after the average crap that was resi5,6
>>
How long are we gonna have to wait for a DLC that most likely won't be more than 2 hours Long?
>>
>>386018234
no it wasnt
i tried outlast vr 4 years ago and it was basically the same thing
>>
>>386018412
>basically the same thing

Why lie on the internet Anon?
>>
>>386016310
As a classic fag, I agree with this statement.
>>
File: bd3.jpg (32KB, 385x526px) Image search: [Google]
bd3.jpg
32KB, 385x526px
>tfw you realize the broken double barrel you use to get the pump action can be replaced yet again with a toy shotgun and then fixed with a repair kit.
>>
>>386014389
I never understood this claim, the only thing they have in common is that they're in first person. Outlast doesn't even have combat.
>>
>>386021065
Fuck I wondered what that toy gun's purpose was.
>>
>>386013335
I thought this would turn into porn for some reason
>>
>>386012463
It would have been if it kept the family dog in, had the first 2 DLC content in the release, and came out maybe 1 year later when the 2nd round of modern HMDs came out and they had more time to optimize that part. The VR support is what would have made it innovative, but it's not catching on right now.
>>
>>386012436
Playing RE6 now, it's basically mercenaries with story, it's the furthest away from resident evil any of the games have been, even revelations is better, can't say about rev2 though have yet to play that one
>>
>>386022886
Successors to the Rift/Vive/PSVR aren't coming for at least another 2-3 years.

>The VR support is what would have made it innovative, but it's not catching on right now.
With the temporary drop in price to 399, the Rift/Touch bundle was the number 3 top selling video game item on Amazon. If it's not catching on, it will be very soon.
>>
>>386023226
>Playing RE6 now, it's basically mercenaries with story
It's not even that. The levels in the campaigns are dreadfully cramped and doesn't fit the gameplay at all.
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.