[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone remembers Tibia? What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

File: tibia.jpg (148KB, 652x511px) Image search: [Google]
tibia.jpg
148KB, 652x511px
Anyone remembers Tibia? What went wrong?
>>
BR?
>>
>>386010530
Looks comfy. How do I play?
>>
>>386010530
i rember it it was trash because every 12 year old pole and br kid played it
>>
BR and bots who belong to brs
>>
Was good for its time, but nowadays there are much better options available.
>>
>we finally know what is behind the gate of expertise for level 999
>>
>>386010530
>>386012760
Last good update was 7.9, Pits of Inferno is my favorite MMO quest ever. I remember when we gathered the strongest people on the server and spent like 10 hours to finish the quest. Good shit.

8.0 ruined it by revamping the mechanics, and 8.1 just made it even worse. Every update after that didn't add any substance. If you didn't play it before 2007, don't bother.
>>
>>386013142
I don't think any game replicates what Tibia did well. Sure it sucks now, but every MMO nowadays is a linear-solo-quest-treadmill WoW clone.
>>
>>386013142
such as?
>>
>>386013180
What was it?
>>
Tibia was a very unique experience. Literal mob rule, controlling a wretched hive littered with scammers and psychopaths.

You were never safe.
>>
>>386010530
Wasn't 7.6 the last good version?
>>
>>386010530
botters and cipsoft
>>
File: 1477115885846.jpg (154KB, 610x427px) Image search: [Google]
1477115885846.jpg
154KB, 610x427px
>Fast hands
>Here, drink the green potion, it's anti-venom
>Don't worry I'll rope you back up
>>
>>386014151

I went exploring once in those hills east of Thais IIRC, I got trapped in a tiny little part of a cave which only had two rope holes going up

I was stuck there for months IRL time, logging on for a few hours a day using the YELL chat to yell for help. Nobody could hear me down there.

Eventually one day I logged in and there was a dude in the tunnel with me, apparently I scared the everloving shit out of him but he was a good enough guy to rope me up and even give me a spare rope he had.

At last I was free.
>>
Been 15 years but I still remember utevo lux
>>
>bunch of people hanging outside depot, just chillin'

>some wizard dude hurtles in at 999999999999999999x the speed of light to just outside the depot entrance

>EXEVO GRAN MAS VIS
>EXEVO GRAN MAS VIS

>runs off as fast as he came

oh the horror.
>>
>>386010530
Cipsoft.
It's always the fucking devs fault if something goes wrong. ALWAYS.
>>386013320
I agree. after 8.0 the game lost it's magic.
>>386013585
Too bad that mob rule was enforced even further by the fact whoever had most bots won the wars. Otherwise the pvp was fucking dope.
>>
>>386014286
thats fucking retarded
>>
>>386014806

swe?
>>
>>386014806
It was a very cutthroat game, there was a million ways you could screw yourself, and a million ways you could screw other people for your own profit. It wasn't the nutella MMO people play nowadays.
>>
>>386015045
>luring botters on the rotworm cave west of Darashia and pushing them all the way to the entrance of Drefia where a single demon skeleton respawn there would kill them

That's my funnest memory, I always got a few thousand GP from their loot by doing that
>>
>>386015187
you can still find videos of people luring giant spiders to the dwarven bridge, on way older times, you could lure dragon lords to the middle of Venore
>>
>>386014806
Wanna hear what was truly retarded? The world works on a grid, each player, npc, item, whatever occupies a grid. There couldn't be 2 entities on the same grid so people could block access to stuff by just standing there. But then there was a "moving aside" mechanic, by clicking and dragging away another player you could forcefully move them from their position. Then there was how interacting with npcs worked, you didn't click on them and just automatically talk, nonono, you had to actually type in chat to interact with them. Then there were banks, you could deposit your money in a bank in case you got killed so you don't lose it. With everything I've said before together it becomes an absolute clusterfuck to interact with npcs, you could be depositing gold in the bank while all of a sudden you were moved aside before you could finish, then youd move the asshole who did it, and you would get moved again.
Some things were changed and thank god, overall it was a fun game but when it came to talking with npcs it was terrible.
>>
>>386016063
at least one of the good changes was allowing an NPC to interact with as many people as possible on a private chat channel for everyone
>>
>>386016063
you sound really casual
>>
>>386014286
Same thing happened to me, but I've just posted on world chat and 10minutes later someone came and helped me.
>>
>>386016423
> but I've just posted on world chat and 10minutes later someone came and helped me.

you're lucky somebody didn't come and murk you

when was world chat even added?
>>
>>386016496
It was really long ago, so it must have been actually "game-chat", as it was renamed to world-chat in 8.7 when I've already stopped playing on rl.

Yeah, got kinda lucky I guess, but PK wouldn't get too much outside of few gold coins, I was like level 10 at the time.
>>
>>386013320
>If you didn't play it before 2007
>playing after 2003
>>
It was easily the most hardcore mmorpg ever. Good times.
>>
Never played the game, but it brought the best moment in gaming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3n_NsvGZSg
>>
Who here remembers race wars between Slavs and Brazilians? That was the shit. People were lynched on the streets for wearing the wrong colours or having certain names. No one gave a fuck about name calling and pure vile toxic racism. Good days.

Also at any given moment you could be scammed, trapped, killed by players, killed by lured more powerful monsters or fall victim to extortion, and lose your items, experience and skills.
>>
I also remember some people were beaten irl at the Internet cafes for not giving up their logins and passwords to bullies.
>>
The amount of freedom you had in this game was glorious, you could take over servers if you had enough people are were good enough.
>>
>>386017050
>being this gay
>>
>>386018143
This happened in particular for servers dominated by a single brazilian or mexican guild, which would almost always result in some pretty terrible power abusing, to the point where many weaker guilds would form guerrila groups to try to take them down
>>
>>386018761
1 year ago I were invited to join a small guild and fight with the power abuser br guild. You woldn't believe all the real money there is involved there. I mean: whoever guild is ruling the server gets real money from selling game money because they control every hunting zone

>>386018761
>>
Anyone tried Zezenia Online?
>>
gibe moni plox
>>
File: ughhh.jpg (76KB, 213x224px) Image search: [Google]
ughhh.jpg
76KB, 213x224px
>get warned to never go down a hole without a rope
>do it anyway
>mfw
>>
the game is basicly an OTS now

microtransactions, offline skill training

the art style introduced with yalahar is absolute dog shit
>>
I never went to a legitimate PvP server, were they as bad as legend has it? At least you got a Skull for killing people where I raised my char.
>>
>>386017819
>People were lynched on the streets for wearing the wrong colours or having certain names

It's Tibia, people were lynched just for existing
>>
remember that one story where some BR kid killed some other kid because of Tibia? And he chopped of his legs because he was too weak to hide the body in some closet.
>>
File: 1484632870603.jpg (34KB, 607x341px) Image search: [Google]
1484632870603.jpg
34KB, 607x341px
>Wanding off by myself in some random cave far away.
>Surely I won't run into anybody 4 floors down.
>Get PK'd.

I've never been more afraid of running into other people in any other game my god. Eventually I botted some character up to lvl 30 and just raped kids on that one ice island in the rotworm caves blocking them between monsters and me while i throw down garbage items and empty potions under our feet so he couldn't push me.

>Hunted.

I honestly love the game but too much shit for premium people. I would've gladly payed a 1 time fee but fuck monthly subscriptions.
>>
That game made me sweat a lot. Unique experience desu Shame I was a dumb kid when I played it
>>
>walking toward my destination
>someone appears on screen
>HEART BEATING INTENSIFIES
It was tense.
>>
File: 1`24.jpg (133KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1`24.jpg
133KB, 1600x1200px
>>386024152

>come across somebody in the wilderness in this game

>we both just fucking FREEZE when we enter eachothers screens and watch eachother for what seems like an hour but it's only 10 seconds

>he walks off

>instant relief but worry that's he's gonna come back with like 10 dudes so you finish your biz and hustle outta there
>>
>>386024915
This isn't Runescape nignog
>>
File: 15rwtt.gif (1MB, 276x260px) Image search: [Google]
15rwtt.gif
1MB, 276x260px
>>386025034

>he thinks I mean wilderness like some stupid designated PvP zone

Fuck Runescape, Tibia had real off the beaten track map areas.
>>
Tibia gave you some valuable life lesssons firsthand:
- Never trust anyone.
- The world is a vile place.
- Power can easily corrupt you.
>>
File: 1456811768975.gif (2MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1456811768975.gif
2MB, 500x282px
>MFW first time tried Tibia n picked Venore
>>
File: picardd.jpg (34KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
picardd.jpg
34KB, 640x464px
>when you and a group of rag tag newbies take down the orc spearman
>>
>when you use chameleon to look like an expensive item and sit on top of a roof
>moments later a bunch of dumbass brs are murdering each other in the streets trying to stack crates to get to you
>>
>>386025084
desu the biggest flaw with the wilderness in runescape was that you ralely had any reason to be there.

I would have put the wilderness between two major cities, so that you could either choose between a risky shortcut or a long road that's safe and well traveled.
>>
>easy to bot without punishment
>high levels botting on leveling spots because it is safe
>guild domination, if you are not in the guild, you can't play the game
>guild domination can happen even in Non-PVP servers, as they would steal your monsters with high-level characters
>game required macro to play with efficiency
>now macro is in the game by default so every fight turns into a "who has more potions and runes in their backpack"
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.