[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He's a good game director. Why don't you like his game, /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: images.jpg (4KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 251x201px
He's a good game director. Why don't you like his game, /v/?
>>
Because he shines the spotlight on women, minorities and the LGBT community. And since I'm redpilled I hate women, minorities and the LGBT community.
>>
>>386002995
That has never been reflected on any of his games, anon.
>>
>>386002883
I genuinely believe that TLoU and Uncharted 2 were flukes or not written by him at all.
>>
Unironically the best in the industry. Some subtlety in his storytelling that has never been reached by competitors.
>>
>>386002883
he is. all his games mix dramtatic setpieces and gameplay very nicely and /v/ is just full of contrarian fucks. didn't like ellie being a lesbian but it makes sense desu TLOU had great gameplay on par with Bioshock 1 fuck you all
>>
>>386002883
>good game director
>all his games are linear, heavily scripted, plot-driven games that barely leave any room for player creativity
you and i have a different idea on what makes a quality game anon.
>>
>>386002883
because hes pushing his bs sjw agenda in his games, interviews and twitter.
>>
>>386002883
Who? Is that phil?
>>
>>386003935
This.
>>
>>386002995
>>/n/eogaf
>>
I don't care anymore, I just avoid. I don't want to think about the games he makes, whatever thoughts those might be.
>>
>>386003698
I actually hope that Ellie doesn't get a strong lesbian womyn need no man gf on Part 2. She's way too cute.
>>386003935
>linear, heavily scripted, plot-driven games that barely leave any room for player creativity
You must hate MGS pre-TPP then.
>>
>>386002883
Because I want to play games and not watch a movie.
>>
>>386003237
>or not written by him
Considering he's the DIRECTOR and not the WRITER, I think you might just be on to something captain Retard!
>>
>>386003237
I wrote the story for TLoU for him. He liked it but wanted the story to focus on the girl, where I was gonna make it a Co-Op game which the brothers work together to survive.
>>
>>386004180
I never played the DLC but I hope the whole black girl love is more of a desperation/no people her age thing and not so much a only likes pussy thing.
>>
>>386002883
>>386002995
>Make a thread to immediately reply to myself some political nonesense so i can pretend is a controversial topic
I hate those episodes too
>>
>>386002883
>He's a good game director.
Um, no. You could argue he writes well (I think his writing is pretty cliche), but anything related to gaming he sucks at. Naughty dog started going to shit at the release of jak 3... when this cuck joined the team. Also took at turn to being heavily reliant on story and cinematic scene opposed to game play and mechanics.
>>
>>386002883
This guy is a cultural destabilizer.
Don't fall for narrative focused games.
http://archive.is/jfrnL

Watch this video and remember when people like to push cinematic experiences and try to downplay the importance of gameplay first:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX3EZCVj2XA
>>
>>386002883
Propganda peddler
>>
Uncharted fucking sucks
TLoU was good
>>
>>386004715
>I think his writing is pretty cliche
Yeah, people like cliché, naughty dog is not successful because they are new and fresh, but because they are the almost literal embodiment of "more of the same" that they have seen on TV. Not the excellent stuff, but at least the popular one.
>>
>>386004180
She's fuck ugly and looks like a methhead, so she'll get one.
>>
>>386006604
literally easily digestible "content" for casuals. their games resemble movies with limited input from the player. this doesnt overwhelm new cunts.
>>
Druckmann always gets all the credit because he's the one always virtue signalling and doing interviews but he's only half of it. Bruce Straley is the other half.
>>
>>386002883
>game director
I liked the Last of Us but let's not kid ourselves here.
If he would implement more game play and less politics then maybe it's possible but highly unlikely.
>>
>>386002883

Without looking at the rest of the thread I'll guess the main complaints will be related to his political opinions. Now let's see if I'm right...

What a surprise.
>>
>>386003935
I'd take a focused, quality single player experiences over open worlds anyday anon, and while Uncharted is a very fringe case, Tlou has some very emgaging gameplay
>>
literal feminist cuck

and thinks moving a ladder while the other character says something is the biggest best most emotional experience of his game. lol
>>
>>386012124
Uncharted >>>> TLoU
>>
>>386002883
I don't like jewish people
>>
>>386002883
Because he literally said diversity is just as important as gameplay.
>>
>>386002883
I liked it until I've played the dlc.
Fucking SJW kike bullshit ruined the whole game for me desu.
>>
>>386002883
They're alright I guess, but $60 for a game i can beat in one sitting is not worth it
>>
File: ellie heart stabbed.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ellie heart stabbed.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
I do like his games but he does inject too much of his own personal politics into them sometimes
>>
>>386002883
>Why don't you like his game
It's him that I have the problem with. Does anyone know the Horizon: Zero Dawn director off the top of their head, or what he looks like? Of course not.

>>386003935
Absolutely this.
>>
>>386014829
>can explode a guys head to bits with a shotgun
>won't show a girl getting stabbed
American standards are weird.
>>
File: Hermen Hulst.jpg (27KB, 665x374px) Image search: [Google]
Hermen Hulst.jpg
27KB, 665x374px
>>386015203
>Does anyone know the Horizon: Zero Dawn director off the top of their head, or what he looks like?
I do, though I've been a fan of Killzone since the first was announced.
>>
File: MdJ.jpg (84KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
MdJ.jpg
84KB, 512x512px
>>386015374
the director of HZD was Mathijs de Jonge
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.