[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, what went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

Now that the dust has settled, what went wrong?
>>
Nothing /thread HEEHEEEEEEE
>>
The gameplay.
The leveling system.
Some of the generic go here do this ur our only hope in the entire world only you can do this because we're all helpless quests.
>>
>>385999829
Average gameplay that gets tons of hate because of how much it stands out when compared to the extraordinary graphics, sound, world, characters and quests.
>>
>>386001256
I think that's what bothers me the most. It's so good and bad at the same time.
>>
Combat wasn't visceral enough, was ARPG level combat in an open world RPG.
DUDE TITS LMAO
Bamham detective bullshit
Consumables that magically refill when you sleep
Story wasn't that good.
I could go on but needless to say I didn't enjoy this game very much.
>>
BANANA TIGER
>>
Need mod suggestions to make the combat closer dark souls
>>
>>386001586
Don't be ridiculous.
>>
>>385999829
Too easy
I'm on death March and haven't spent a single attribute point nor used any oils. I used igni once to protect Ves and Yrden on the noonwraiths but thats it, everything else got ahckslashed to death with ease. Is there any Geralt must die mod?
>>
>>386001256
>Average gameplay that gets tons of hate because of how much it stands out when compared to the extraordinary graphics, sound, world, characters and quests.

Yep, if the gameplay were a bit better it would LITERALLY be perfect.
>>
>>386001464
>Consumables that magically refill when you sleep

You need alcohol. But yeah, alcohol is almost infinite
>>
>>386001872
dont listen to the idiots who say the game is better on death march. plow through it on easiest for the story.

"shitty steak, plastic knife, ect, ect."
>>
File: witcherhitboxes2.webm (1MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
witcherhitboxes2.webm
1MB, 900x506px
Is it time to post it again already?
>>
>>386001956
Haven't played the game in a while, my bad.
But yeah, my point still stands.
>>
>>385999829
official witcher 3 review.

all non-quest related things you can find on the world are copy paste boring shit
no one will talk to you unless they are quest related and you have the quest that requires them
awful ui made for consoles and only 2 consumable slots, making alch spec a chore
no resource management, you just instantly get all your potions back for whats essentiallly free
enemys have 1, maybe 2, attack that they repeat over and over, making fights absolutely boring after an hour
level system only works to the games detriment, as youll quickly outlevel everything you have to do and it will all be easier than the game already is
coming across a SKULL WARNING SIGN monster should be exciting but it's not, because you know it fights exactly the same as all the others of its kind, only with more hp.
"cinematic" controls that ignore accuracy in favor of looking more natural
even death march is easy as fuck due to a lack of enemy attack variety and every ability you can spec into being way too strong
ciri sections are boring and unneeded and only serve to rob you of what could have been the one interesting boss fight in the game.
the final moments of the story seem rushed as fuck, from oh hi crones now we fight, to im eredin i have a secret, im dying my secret is this guy tricked us and i had no plan to deal with it, to oh actually geralt i didnt trick you
majority of loot is randomized and scales to your level. Nothing you find really excites you.
all enemies have an extremely short tether that you will cross unintentionally more often than not. At this point they ignore you and start walking back to the center of the area or hang around to get hit easily
witcher senses are only ever used when the quest requires it and is just hold right click to follow quest arrow. you cant actually track monsters or anything out in the world(and why would you need to? theyre all tethered to a small location and never move away)

6/10 game. Had potential, wasted it.
>>
Has any one realized the level progression system is ...fake? At lvl 1 I can kill lvl 2 drowners but not lvl 10 drowners. At lvl 10 I can fight level 11 drowners and its allot like fighting level 2 drowners at level 1.

The progression is an illusion. I first had the idea of fake progress after playing robocraft.

Can any one else confirm this? It can't be just me.
>>
Didn't pander hard enough to people who aren't already engrossed in the world/characters of the witcher so they don't give it perfect reviews
>>
What is the white frost even?
>>
>>386002808
disable monster scaling
>>
>>386002808
Consider sterilization
>>
>>385999829
The development cost was $32 million, whereas $35 million was spent on marketing (paid reviews included).
>>
>>386003315
I fiddled with that. Doesn't matter now.

>>386003518
Consider sterilization
>>
>>386003518
U 1zt cuccboii
>>
>>386002161
This is probably fake or a bug, I have never seen the hit boxes this bad before.
>>
>>386002808
No its not lol.
Just the other day I was punching level 1 wild dogs. There was a level 5 or so bear that I killed in a few sword swings too right by them.
>>
>>386004607
Not sure about the webm but I did see some big hit boxes in my playthrough. It's not a big issue in W3.

Whats it called when games use the physical interaction of the 3d models instead of hitboxes and damage rays?
>>
>>386001464
>Consumables that magically refill when you sleep

That's what made crafting consumables actually worth the effort.
>>
>>386001464
Hes not sleeping, the idea is that he makes it while the game fast forward, it also uses something to replenish it.
>>
>>386000898
>/thread his own post
nigga
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.