[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should the series have ended with Mario 64?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Cartridge_for_Super_Mario_64.jpg (122KB, 1350x879px) Image search: [Google]
Cartridge_for_Super_Mario_64.jpg
122KB, 1350x879px
Should the series have ended with Mario 64?
>>
No, because sunshine was better

>b-but muh blue coins
Optional

>b-but muh long jump
Fludd makes it and other dropped movement functions redundant and they weren't that critical to begin with as a core part of a movement set

>b-but muh variety
The fact sunshine has a consistent visual theme and had levels that felt like real places on the island is one of it's best points
>>
>>385999652
>100%ing the game is optional
Yeah, it's optional in the majority of games. But a lot of people are completionists that feel like casuals if they don't have a 100% save file.

The blue coins are only bad in the sense that there's no in-game tracking system to know which ones you've already gotten. So you gotta just never redeem them until you get all of them, or else you'll lose track.
>>
>>386000148
Actually the map tells you how many Blue Coins you've gotten in a stage, Anon.
>>
>>386000148
This, honestly my only complaint about Sunshine. Oh, and Carona Mountain sucks.
>>
>>385999497

No because I enjoyed Mario Galaxy 2.
>>
>>385999497

Be more specific

Technically speaking, 2D Mario ended up until NSMB

If your talking 3D, of course not

3D Mario is literally the only 3D Platformer that Survived every single generation and brought something fresh and new and continues to do so with Odyssey
>>
why would it when mario galaxy 2 is far better?
>>
>>385999497

I always thought the art on the cartridge was really weird. It looks badass though.
>>
>>385999497
3D Mario? Sure. It only got worse with each game.
>>
>>386002078
It's 90's prerendered CGI.
>>
File: Marioglobe.png (1MB, 900x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Marioglobe.png
1MB, 900x1125px
>>386002078
All the old CG art for Mario was great
>>
>>386002759

Yeah but more about what's going on. Mario is being chased by Bowser on grassy hills with no textures, and he looks like he's climbing over a hill as if it's a small obstacle. The perspective is just weird.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.