[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to play Fallout:New Vegas for the first time, what mods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (130KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
130KB, 284x177px
About to play Fallout:New Vegas for the first time, what mods do I need?

I enjoyed Fallout 3 unmodded but that was back in 2008 when I still enjoyed video games.
>>
>first time
>mods
wat
>>
You don't need any mods. Every faggot will recommend some mods that will make the game look "better" but that's a joke because the game will just look like a glossy mess of shit.
>>
>>385989647
I got you OP

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Zu1FrG9PhMGZAsG5Nslh13sqLOwsBJo4wdaD5YHXD7k/edit

Go vanilla your first time through, just install the anticrash mods and such. (Better performance)

Also play on Hardcorde Mode / Very Hard Difficulty.
>>
>>385989647

Most of the NV mods are just weapon and armor mods, it plays pretty good vanilla only. I'd suggest finding some unofficial patches and mods to remove invisible walls.
>>
>>385990182

Also pick small frame along side hardcore, you don't want to be considered a casual.
>>
only the mods that optimize loading and fix some bugs that bethesda didn't bother fixing
>>
>>385989647
no need for mods, anon

I managed to do a playthrough without experiencing any crashes or graphical errors. A few gameplay bugs at best, but nothing a game restart doesn't fix.
>>
>>385989952
New vegas is unplayable unmodded and that's why it's worse than fallout 3, nv is actually not a good game and I tried replaying it and I just couldn't
>>
>>385990417
>unplayable unmodded
That's 3, which requires mods to play on modern hardware. Otherwise, they play exactly the same (same awful floaty movement and tiny stuttery camera movement) only the content is different.
>>
>>385989647
Install New Vegas Stutter Remover and go into your INI file and change "IPresetInterval=0" so that you can play at more than 30 fps

Also install a lighting mod or something, like FNV Realistic Wasteland Lighting. I personally think NV is too orange and dull, and this makes the lighting look so much better without sacrificing performance like ENBs do.
>>
File: 1497804180470.jpg (32KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
1497804180470.jpg
32KB, 540x405px
>>385989647

All you need is the 4gb address space mod, the bug fix mod and the mod that provides robust error handling. Toss in some .ini tweeks so your modern hardware can be better utilized with things like longer object load distance.

Do not tamper with the base gameplay until you've played though once. NV has solid gameplay and really just benefits from quality of life mods.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.