[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you still buy physical copies of games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: olivia-480x663.jpg (66KB, 480x663px) Image search: [Google]
olivia-480x663.jpg
66KB, 480x663px
Do you still buy physical copies of games?
>>
>>385987606
do you still go to the video store to rent a movie?
>>
>>385987606

PC games? no

console games? yes, because I don't want to have to keep buying extra storage space
>>
>>385987606
Yes, but only when its on sale, cheap enough, or used.

I don't bother purchasing digital because I can pirate just as easily and it is sometimes less of a hassle cuz i dont even need to use a credit card
>>
>>385987726
False equivalence.
>>
At this point, only for collecting sealed.
>>
>>385987842
This, also because I can take console games with me if a friend wants to play something but doesn't own it.
>>
>>385987606
Pretty much always get used physical off Amazon or digital for PC games.

The only games I would want digitally rather than physical are handheld multiplayer with quick online/download play (like Mario Kart), Animal Crossing, and puzzle type games that are always good time wasters (tetris, picross, etc). All of those have a reason to be digital and always on you.
>>
this is a no-brainer.
if i'm going to waste bandwidth
i'm not paying for the game.
it's that simple.
>>
>>385988334
>still no official way to install cart games to SD on a 3ds
Nintendo would win if they did.
>>
>>385988154
What equivalence? I asked you a question.
>>
>>385987606
I was totally fine with digital until I bought Pokémon Omega Ruby and wanted to return it because it was such garbage.
Physical whenever possible, digital if it's either on sale or digital only.
I bought MGSV digital a few weeks ago because it was on sale for $10, then I was such an autist that I bought a trash PS4 game and printed out the official label for MGSV. Still no disc but I'm doing okay.
>>
Not really. A friend and I have swapped our profiles so we can each play whatever games we get digitally. I had no intention of buying the Crash remakes but I've gone back to them now because I literally got them for free.
>>
>>385987606
Nah.

I don't like shit taking up space. Just fuck off, give me the data, and go through your discs in the ET cartridge landfill.
>>
>>385987606
Depends on the price. If it's the same on both fronts then yeah I'll buy it physical,but if it's a good bit cheaper digital then I'll just download it.
>>
File: 1500403362409.png (1MB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
1500403362409.png
1MB, 1000x667px
As much as I am able to. I prefer to actually own something besides air when I spend money.
>>
digital only as console disc drives are made of paper and break all the time
>>
I've gone all digital in the past, and I regretted it once I was completely done with certain games and knew I was never going to play them again. I could have sold physical copies, but I was stuck with digital ones. Trying to go mostly physical now.
>>
>>385987606
>tfw no 80s leg warmers bandanna wearing gf
feelsbad
>>
If cheaper. I got Prey for free the other day with a new mouse I needed.

Problem is that PC games keep going to Steam if you buy a physical copy so there's no real incentive.
>>
>>385988421
Totally this. Also if I'm paying for something I want to get something. So pirate or physical
>>
File: Night Trap Physical.jpg (129KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
Night Trap Physical.jpg
129KB, 1024x512px
At this point the only reason to is if you like shelf frisbees, and I do. I am hoping to pick up the Limited Run edition of Night Trap even, unfortunately, no preorders until release day, so I'll need to be on my toes.

But that is really all it is. There is no practical use for discs, now, in <current year>. The discs are completely worthless. People have these fantasies of "really" owning the game, or "i can play the game when the servers shut down check mate faggots" but its completely 100% false.

Disc copies of games are outdated. The software on them are outdated before they even leave the factory (can you name one (1) game this generation without a patch?) and the technology behind them has no reason to exist. How often do you use the DVD drive on your computer? Have you? Do you even have one?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.