[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Another letter, duly delivered. A postman's job is never done.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Parakarry.jpg (11KB, 231x299px) Image search: [Google]
Parakarry.jpg
11KB, 231x299px
Another letter, duly delivered.
A postman's job is never done.
>>
I can't believe we got the disasters that were Sticker Star and Color Splash. Even Super Paper Mario was disappointing.

All because of a Japanese Club Nintendo SPM survey.

Seriously, fuck Miyamoto.
>>
>>385987459
What's this about a SPM survey? I never heard about that.
>>
>>385987513
Apparently one of the reasons why Sticker Star had no story is because a lot of Japs didn't like the story in SPM.
>>
>>385987661
That's really strange. The story in SPM was one of the better elements of the game. Regardless though, that doesn't sound like a reason not to include a story whatsoever in the next game. An excuse to, maybe.
>>
File: clean mind.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
clean mind.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>385987280
Parakarry is so cute. Is it the wings? The hat? The bag?

>>385987661
>didn't like the story in SPM
I really hope that's not true, or at least more complicated than that.

But at this rate, we're gonna need some brave soul to make his own Paper Mario fan game, do it for free, and completely anticipate getting shut down just so that Nintendo will try upping their Paper Mario game like with the Metroid 2 remake.
>>
>>385987661
>japs have horrible taste
>their game devs are trying to break the mold
>they make games that are horrible there but great here

wow suddenly makes sense.
>>
>>385988218
I wish partners in Paper Mario 64 had as much dialog as the partners in TTYD did.
Much of the partners practically don't exist any more in terms of character after their chapter.
>>
>>385987513
Less than 1% of Club Nintendo surveys for SPM mentioned liking the story on any level
>>
Paper mario was never really great. The first is a good starter RPG but thats about it
>>
File: 1497242419766.jpg (40KB, 561x674px) Image search: [Google]
1497242419766.jpg
40KB, 561x674px
>paper mario is 17 years old
>>
File: 250px-PMTTYD_Stylish[1].png (76KB, 250x210px) Image search: [Google]
250px-PMTTYD_Stylish[1].png
76KB, 250x210px
Are there any current as in last 4 years or so turn-based RPGs with a combat system as intuitive and satisfying as the first two Paper Mario games? I'm talking partners with unique abilities, timing-based attacks, stuff like that? I haven't played a good engaging RPG in a while.
>>
>>385988439
That's probably why TTYD'd partners have more dialogue.
>>
>>385989213
Not sure if this counts, but Superstar Saga is being remade for the 3DS.
>>
>>385989213
South Park and the stick of truth is pretty gud
>>
>>385989334
Ah yeah, I'm looking forward to that as I never beat the original and lost my cartridge, and haven't bothered to emulate it.

>>385989449
I played stick of truth and it was pretty sweet. Looking forward to Fractured but Whole.
>>
>>385987280
Seeing him as a returning NPC character in TTYD's intro was great. A shame he'll probably never return.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.