[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The fall of DS3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 22

File: irithyll.jpg (781KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
irithyll.jpg
781KB, 1920x1080px
Has the general consensus become that DS2 >= DS3?
>>
dont worry

its just this new culture where people want to justify their existence and holes in their lives by acting special and unique and purposely disagree with others for the sake of being special
>>
Only a fucking neanderthal would think such a thing
>>
DS2 is the worst trash ever made by FROM.
>>
Dark Souls 3 may be pandering as hell, and didn't explore many new things. But it's still not as bad as 2
>>
>>385977510
I genuinely hate DS3. I don't claim DS2 is better, but for some reason DS3 felt like a much bigger let-down than DS2.
>>
>>385977510
There will never be a consensus.

>>385977753
>I never played any game older than DeS: the post
>>
>>385977674
This.
>>
>>385977510
People are finally starting to realize that Dark Souls 3 is just a shitty mashup of recycled ideas with no originality.
>>
DS2 is literal dogshit and it's """fans""" are inhuman retards.
>>
BB > DS > DeS >>> DS3 > DS2
>>
>>385977510

Is Bloodborne most commonly considered the best Soulsborne game?
>>
I myself have generally felt that 2 had way more potential and creativity, and could have been much better as a standalone game, and that 3 is better but not by a whole lot. The ridiculous pandering and lack of creativity and the fact that the biggest complaint about 2, the lack of a DS1 style interconnected world, was still not even attempted to be added back in.
>>
>>385977901
>Dark Souls 3 is just a shitty mashup of recycled ideas with no originality
Still better than Dark Souls 2
>>
DaS2 plays like absolute ass. DaS3 may be a lazy piece of shit cash grab for casuals but at least it's playable. I don't care how many good things DaS2 did when I'm disgusted the moment I move the stick.
>>
>>385978004
I haven't played Bloodborne yet but from what I've heard of it, it may surpass DS1 despite my nostalgia for it (I love DS1 for it's world design above all else, and from what I've heard BB takes a similar approach but improves on all the other aspects as well). I used to be a hardcore DS1 or bust guy, but playing through Demon's for the first time has really made me acknowledge the flaws and strengths more.
>>
>>385977674
is this the same kind of rationalization as people who act like there's an ingenuine motivation behind other people's opinions because otherwise they'd have to come to terms with the fact that not everyone liked the same games as them?
>>
>>385978004
Can't be most commonly when barely anyone played it
>>
>>385977510
DS2's biggest problem is the negativity revolving around and inside it.
>>
File: ds3 babbies at it again.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ds3 babbies at it again.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>385977708
In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:

>No bonfire and no death challenge where you can beat the game without resting at a bonfire or dying to gain a reward and bragging rights

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks

>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again
>>
File: Bloodborne logarius wheel.gif (2MB, 359x184px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne logarius wheel.gif
2MB, 359x184px
>>385977510
Not really.
The general consensus is that both of them are just as shit but for different reasons. And that picking appart those reasons and discussing them in depth is a mere waste of time because the true triology (DeS, DaS, BB) is available for all to enjoy and talk about.

It's like Platinum games. Sure, Legend of Korra and TMNT:Mutants in Manhattan are games that exist and technically belong to the developer's portfolio, but why bother even mentioning them (much less talk about them) when we could simply move on to actual relevant games like Vanquish, Bayo and Nier:A?

Let past mistakes be in the past, as simple as that.
>>
>>385978430
all these points about PVP and you neglect to mention how DaS3 had worse zones and singleplayer content.

Literally the only thing DaS3 did right was its bosses.
>>
>>385978331
>from what I've heard BB takes a similar approach
Not at all, I don't know who told you this. BB is really linear with some very short branching paths. There's two moments of interconnectivity and they're both useless because they lead you back to areas you've already done and don't care about anymore. Still a good game.
>>
>>385978331
no, none of the games will give you what DaS1 gave you.
BB is fantastic but it's a very different type of game.
>>
>>385977510
It's extremely complicated:
DkS3 is definitely a better game in terms of quality and execution in a vacuum. But it has zero character, and simply does shit that was better done in BB and DkS1.
DkS2 was a monumental failure, but they tried a ton of different shit with varying degrees of success.

At the end of the day it's hard to judge, but DkS3 is has to compare to the utter masterwork in game design that is BB.
DkS2 doesn't suffer this problem, and in retrospect DkS2's experimentation seems much more novel. In closing:
>DkS3 is a better game than DkS2 when judged on it's own merits.
>DkS3 in retrospect is much less novel than DkS2, while simply posing as a poor man's BB.
>DkS2 feels categorically more experimental because of this, and potentially more redeeming to those who've played the entire series.
That's my take away. Your mileage may vary.
>>
File: 1496482283077.png (34KB, 713x528px) Image search: [Google]
1496482283077.png
34KB, 713x528px
>>385978430
LOOK MOM
I POSTED IT
>>
File: 1499607290833.webm (826KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1499607290833.webm
826KB, 1600x900px
>>
>>385977510
I've felt this way since release, but 2 isn't even playable before SotFS. Base 3 is better than base 2 but:

1 > 2 > 3 all DLC included, and for the record 3 is still an 8.5/10 game, 8.9 with the DLC.
>>
File: 1499616712300.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1499616712300.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>385978919
SHIT SOULS 3
>the most linear of all the games, even compared to DeS and BB
>nostalgiafag reference pandering out the ass
>rehashed characters
>Lowest Boss count after DeS
>Half the bosses are gimmicks
>Boss weapons shit as usual, despite having 4 games to draw experience from
>weapons in general are 90% quality based
>these quality weapons are also usually the best weapons in their class
>some weapons have retarded stat requirements where they don't even scale with said stats, which also happens to be quality
>armor system a horrible imbalanced mess
>the heaviest armors are the heaviest they have ever been in the series, while offering basically no additional defense over medium/light sets
>poise implemented in such a stupid way that only Greatswords and Maces get the most bang for the buck
>Some UGSs, GAs, and Hammers weigh more than entire armor sets
>Equip load is now done by VIT, which for some reason gives LESS per level than fucking dark souls 2
>Souls required to level up not adjusted for splitting stats into two
>a majority of the small weapons sped up to bloodborne speed, but some of the larger weapons have been made SLOWER and consume MORE STAMINA
>rolls cost next to nothing with extremely fast recovery and many iframes
>magic is garbage
>faith is garbage
>FP system is weird
>Too many useless fucking stats
>WAs are mostly just special r2s or powerstance moves copypasted with an explosion or two at the end
>MLGS is the worst its ever been
>awful covenants
>covenants are stickers which can be changed on the go
>shitty rewards
>Dragon form the worst its ever been in both aesthetic and practical sense
>community now filled with normies who hold hands with their SL 800 Friends to get through the game
>invaders have the most disadvantage compared to all other games in the series
>First DLC was a 1.5 hour long disappointment with a rehashed arena
>Second DLC had no end despite being the very last dark souls thing we'll get for the forseeable future
>>
File: plainbait.png (8KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
plainbait.png
8KB, 512x512px
>>385978607
>DaS3 zones and singleplayer content
>worse than Das2
>>
File: There's a spider on me wall m8.gif (2MB, 420x377px) Image search: [Google]
There's a spider on me wall m8.gif
2MB, 420x377px
>>385978331
Hey, that's a pretty good attitude to have (not blindly dismissing a game you haven't played), and I agree that Bloodborne is the best of the series, but you should still play it before forming any opinion.
It's too late now, perhaps, since you already have preconceived notions about the game and you're aware of the Werewolves&Vampires-to-Lovecraft thematic twist (which was a pretty neat surprise at launch), but still, you should play it before writting posts like that, especially since no other Souls game quite compares to DaS1's exact world "feel".
>>
>>385977510
It was disappointing but not that disappointing
>>
File: phantomfling.webm (3MB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
phantomfling.webm
3MB, 940x529px
>>
>>385978004
By anyone that played it.

I should have fucking refunded DaS 3, its so goddamn boring by comparison.
>>
>>385979156
it really was.
there wasn't a single interesting zone in DaS3 which really spoiled my enjoyment replaying it.
Exploring new environments is what I enjoy most in these games, the zones are so important in building the atmosphere.
DaS3 failed at this, it's just a boss rush game with some uninspired filler in between.
DaS2 didn't accomplish this well either, some of the zones are downright ugly but there are at least some memorable areas you look forward to replaying, which is more than you can say for DaS3.
>>
>>385978430
THIS PASTA IS STALE
>>
>>385977510
I feel like 2 implemented their new mechanic better, especially in SotFS. They introduced Dark as a mechanic and it was pretty good. Stages took advantage of it and the new spells were fun. I feel like Dark Souls 3 wanted to do the same thing with freeze but just kind of half-assed it. Even the status effect is just a shitty version of frenzy. They should've used it more often.
>need to carry a torch/wear special armor/use a pyromancy in Irythyl or you'll constantly accumulate frost
>instead of being the same as bleed, have a frozen enemy actually be encased in ice and open to a strong attack
Or something along those lines. Even a new spell line would've been nice.
>>
>>385979436

It has never been refuted a single time.
>>
>>385979482
as long as we recognize it's been said before we are allowed to ignore it.
please don't make me justify my opinions on an anonymous imageboard!
>>
>>385979591
And yet we still get posts hating on Dark Souls 2, even though it's been said already.
>>
>>385978331
BB is the the best in series in almost every meaningful singleplayer regard but 1:
>Doesn't have the world interconnection that DkS1 has.
DkS1 is a broken piece of shit with some of the worst combat in the series, but it has one great thing going for it which is the interconnection. BB is in striking distance even in terms of world interconnection, but falls short and you feel it. There is one great moment where you get that "oh my fucking god" feeling of interconnection, and it's great. One thing BB did better in terms of exploration was when you stumble across a location that makes zero sense, and being abducted to locations in surprising ways.
>>
>>385979729
>DkS1 is a broken piece of shit with some of the worst combat in the series

analysis like this after the fact after the games have been completely broken open by autistic people is meaningless

video games were a lot better before there were an army of 1 million people instantly figuring out every optimal thing and exploit
>>
>>385978909
If we're just gonna keep getting spammed these threads all the time, I hope someone pastas this.

Pretty much all there is to say on the matter.
>>
>>385977510
no, ds2 is fucking horrible and anyone who disagrees is either memeing or genuinely retarded
>>
Playing SotFS for the first time, right now. Its areas are decent, lots of cool armor sets, fun combat, but the bosses suck and mob variety isn't really there either. Every boss is just a big guy for me with a varying amount of swords. The rat fights were neat but the big rat for me fell flat. Dark Souls 1 is better as far as how the world opens up to you and the variety of fighting you had to do
>>
>>385979729
BB was the first time I felt lost or mystified by an area since DaS1, it's easily my favorite thing about these games that keeps me coming back.
>first playing BB
>first area feels like it goes on forever in ever direction
>take a ladder down expecting a small room or something
>massive sewer path branching out somewhere else
>>
I didn't realize the DS2>DS3 poster was on /v/ too
>>
>>385979482
Because you don't bother to save the refutes you can cherry pick all you want how fun is that!
>>
>>385979968
There are no refutes.
>>
>>385978909
Best post ever made on the matter. 10/10.
>>
File: 1500808366839.png (110KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
1500808366839.png
110KB, 520x390px
>It's another thread of DaS2 fans act smug and obnoxious as hell because they think they're enlightened for liking one game over another more popular one
>>
I like SOFTS more than DS3, but the bossfights and music in DS3 are the best in the series.

I like ds2 better just because it feels more grand and has this old school feel that is comfy as fuck. But DS3 is technically the better game.
>>
File: bean.png (44KB, 535x721px) Image search: [Google]
bean.png
44KB, 535x721px
god i just cant fucking stand dark souls 2

i just have these horrible memories of slow clunky gameplay, terrible bosses, boring areas and soundtrack - i cant remember a single soundtrack from the game at all

i really cant understand how anyone can defend this game at all, or atleast rank it higher than any other souls game

>>385977674
this must really be the only reason why
>>
Tried to recently get back into das2 and I just can't keep playing. It has some good ideas like leveling up bonfires for stronger enemies and better loot and dual weapon stance but everything else ranges from terrible to mediocre and it's just not as fun to play as the others.

I even enjoyed Bloodborne more.
>>
I have beaten only Dark Souls 1 and started playing 2 (non-SotFS) and it's *ok* so far.
The movement/rolling/animations are really janky and much worse than in Dark Souls 1, but it's pretty minor all things considered.
The level design was pretty great in the first area, but now I'm in some dark trashed up castle place, and it's pretty shit.
>enemy placement feels drag and drop tier (like 8 enemies in a small corridor where death is almost certain ON THE REQUIRED PATH)
>super dark, not as bad as tomb of the giants, but still
>uninteresting enemy design
>short area that is only elongated by the shitty enemy placement
>DUDE HOLES LMAO
I really want to like this game, but at the moment it seems like it was made so you can't have fun
>>
>>385979949
When I wound up in the 2nd workshop, I was genuinely confused and freaked out. What a goddamn feeling. Same with the first time I was picked up by an Amygdala.
>>
>>385980230
This is why it took me 3 attempts at getting into the game before I actually bothered to finish it
>>
>>385980202

And I cant grasp how you can say all that shit. I disagree with pretty much everything but to each their own.

There will never be a consensus.
>>
>>385980350
Was it worth finishing? The only reason I started 2 was because I saw that there's a sword that looks like the sword from berserk, so I could do a Guts build.
>>
It's the usual counter culture bs, 2 is the worst by a good margin.
>>
>>385977753
That'd be the king's field series
>>
File: Mimic.png (219KB, 476x666px) Image search: [Google]
Mimic.png
219KB, 476x666px
>>385977510
You can judge the quality of each Dark Souls game by how they handle Mimics.

>DaS1
Mimics are used subtly and effectively, they are rare enough to get fooled by and make you scared of them. Best mimics, best game.

>DaS2
Gimmick non-enemy mimics that are completely different from DaS1 "just2bDifferent" and are easy to avoid by simply rolling away at a 45 degree angle as soon as you open them. Worst mimics, worst game.

>DaS3
Mimics are the DaS1 style again and even add another ground type mimic that crawls on all fours but is ultimately the same, they are over-used and just become an expected encounter that poses no threat or surprise. Stale mimics, stale (but still good) game.
>>
>>385978607
What? DaS3 bosses were almost as bad as DeS bosses.
>>
>>385979801
If you even played the series on release, it was not hard to tell that DkS1 was fucked up compared to Demon's Souls.
Estus was a nice improvement, great compared to grass.
I remember literally playing the E3 demo of Dark Souls using the Black Knight prebuilt and noticing poise, and the unilateral sigh of relief that heavy armor finally did something. Everyone was so happy because it seemed like such a great design... My god how we were wrong.
>>
>muh counter culture contrarian opinions

The counter culture was claiming ds2 was shit. The rest of the internet loved it, had the best reviews even. best pvp etc.

Only in this shithole were its cool to hate everything did it become the norm to bash it. That and downgrade fags being eternally asspained.

>tfw you loved all the ds games
>tfw /v/ will hang you and make autistic screeching sounds because of this.
>>
>>385977510
Dark Souls 2 is awful. Souls 3 should be considered better just off the graphical quality alone.
>>
>>385980180
>and music
Not at all mang. DaS1 still has the best and most memorable songs in the series. DaS3 was just generic jrpg boss music.
>>
Nope. ENB just did a playthrough of it for the first time with the DLC and generally liked it better(finally catching up to what other people thought of it years ago), so all the DS2fags are feeling themselves right now.

It still has, far and away, the worst gameplay in the entire series. There's some things they tried to do differently that are fair to appreciate with the luxury of time, but it's not going to climb over that hump.

The vast majority of the rest of the game sucks too. There's a few interesting looking areas and it's less linear than Dark Souls 3(but more linear than Dark Souls and Demon's Souls), but the lore, bosses, enemies, and level design all mostly sucks. DLC is better, but that's a small portion of the overall package.
>>
>>385980581
>Being stale is better than being different
You are the reason video games are dying.
>>
>>385980459
It was my first Dark Souls game and if I hadn't gotten 1 while it was on sale and loved it, I doubt I ever would have finished it. IMO, it starts out really hard to get into because of the super slow combat and weird movement and overall worse atmosphere and design than the original, but once I got like 3 hours into a single character I started to enjoy it more. I don't know anything about berserk, but as far as the game itself, it's not nearly as bad as some people make it out to be but still a big disappointment, for me at least. If you're really itching for more souls content I can recommend it, definitely with its DLCs, but otherwise it may not be worth your time.
>>
>>385980626

Pontiff, Friede, Gael and Midir are the best bossfights in the DS series man.

I must have cooped Midir over 30 hours.
>>
>>385980217
Same here
I'm fully aware of everything this game does right. It just doesn't feel good.
>>
File: 1417935123428.png (53KB, 152x153px) Image search: [Google]
1417935123428.png
53KB, 152x153px
Bloodborne has all of the exact same issues that DaS2 has. In fact, it has even fewer good looking options for clothing, so that puts it a point even lower. Despite this, people claim it to be a masterpiece and shit on DaS2 all the time.

Can somebody please explain?
>>
>>385980813

das1 has some memorable tunes yes but the boss music sounds more generic jrpg to me.

I prefer Kitamura to sakuraba by far.

BB OST is the real deal however.
>>
>>385981089
>Bloodborne has all of the exact same issues that DaS2 has
can you explain first?
>>
>>385980789
>The rest of the internet loved it

You really don't get out much. Outside of it's specific hug boxes, the Souls reddits regularly shit on it and twitch isn't much better unless it's a streamer who specifically made themselves off of DS2.
>>
>>385980963
Pontiff and Gael are amazing.
Midir is nothing.
Friede is trash, covetous demon tier trash.
>>
>>385981089
It doesn't have Soul Memory, and that's where most of DaSII's biggest issues stem from.

It doesn't have despawning enemies.

It doesn't have completely unfinished NPC quests (every NPC quest in DaSII is unfinished except for maybe two)
>>
>>385980798
>Souls 3 should be considered better just off the graphical quality alone.
DaS2 looks pretty bad but DaS3 also looks like complete shit with its ugly colors and greasy characters. DaS1 still looks the best.
>>
>>385981219

you could tell the shitposters came from here because of posting style.
>>
>>385981089
this is a weird post.
Firstly, no one calls it a masterpiece because of the clothing options.
And secondly, DaS2 had good clothing options.
>>
>>385980581
Mimics aren't done well in any of the series. They're a cheap "Gotcha!" moment, and then every player just starts hitting every chest they come across. It's not as if the mimics are placed in different spots every playthrough.
>>
>>385981305
>midir is nothing

i have nothing to say to you.
>>
>>385981448
I'm sorry you liked dragon_obj so much.
>>
File: 1470243741957.jpg (52KB, 338x725px) Image search: [Google]
1470243741957.jpg
52KB, 338x725px
>>385980887
>being different for the sake of being different while degrading the experience is better than being of good quality albeit a little stale

You're the reason why abortions should always be legal.
>>
>>385981089
Mind explaining what you mean?
>In fact, it has even fewer good looking options for clothing
All off BB's armors look good. They're kind of hard to combine though.
>>
>>385981448
I liked 3 a lot better than 2, but I wasn't so hot on Midir either.

>DUDE HP SPONGES LMAO

I don't know, I know there's people out there like you who loved the fight, but it pretty much boiled down to hit head, run behind to hit tail a few times, hit head when he turns, repeat for me. The only real challenge was how long it took and how much damage he was capable of doing if he threw a random curve ball or you screwed up. Didn't feel like a very involved fight to me.

Maybe I played it wrong.
>>
>>385981204

Sure.

>"XD HOW MANY ENEMIES CAN U BEAT AT ONCE, DONT GET GANGBANGED" enemy placement
>terrible level design
>incomprehensible story, that regularly just pops up with a message saying what you're supposed to do now with no actual reason given (ex: GO NOW AND FIND THE NIGHTMARE NEWBORN)
>NPCs are completely forgettable and their questlines feel pointless because a good chunk of them just cut off with "UHHH AND THEN THEY DIED"
>nonexistent difficulty curve, if you get killed by a bag man get ready to waste a lot of time until you realize you can just leave that zone
>""""""""atmospheric"""""""" """""""soundtrack""""" means you're listening to nothing for 99% of the game
>>
File: maxresdefault-2.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-2.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
>>385980963
Not him, but nothing will ever come close:
>That Artorias-like allusion from the main game about this nigga' being a Randy-level BADASS.
>The horrific creature design that's straight Berserk with the wild beast first phase.
>That cutscene.
>That Moonlight Sword, that brief reversion to humanity, that new moveset.
>That musical theme change.
>Will almost always finish the fight with a visceral.
>Total bro after you kill him, not even a sad bitch.
>>
>>385981089
It has shittier hitboxes that's for sure. They are all over the place in Bloodborne
>>
>>385981404
The very first one was done right. The player was warned of traps beforehand. I don't know why mimics exist anywhere else though. Why is there one or two in Anor Londo?
>>
>>385981551
>>385980581
DaS3 had the worst mimics, literally no one was fooled by them and they're weaker than in 1.
2 was gimmicky but at least they tried.
The idea of mimics after 1 was always going to be flawed because not only does everyone expect them but they became infamous as an iconic part of the series.

They should have experimented with new trap enemies, not necessarily ones that look like inanimate objects because that's a bit lame but you can definitely get creative with new ways to trick people using unique creatures.
>>
DaS3 is the normie tier DaS
>>
File: 1465499459204.jpg (169KB, 720x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1465499459204.jpg
169KB, 720x1000px
>>385978909
Can we close the damn thread now?
>>
People who think DaS3 is better than 2 have to be CoD kids who want the same thing rehashed year in and year out with lower quality.
>>
>>385977510

there is no consensus.

this is /v/, where its cool to hate everything and shitpost relentlessly.
What /v/ "likes" is simply what was shilled the hardest.
DS2 was more memorable anyway.
>>
>>385981830

DaS3's mimics were only the worst because EVERY FUCKING BOX was a fucking mimic. There was one area where, I swear to god, it had 3 boxes next to each other and all three of them were fucking mimics. Because "haw haw it's Dark Souls THREE! Get it!!!!" I guess.
>>
>>385977674
hurr durr people can't have different opinion and perspective that me and if the disagree with "/v/ approved opinion" then they must be controversial for the sake of being controversial and special herp derp
>>
>>385977674

>being a contrarian is a new thing

haha, dumbass
>>
>>385981667

most people on coop played it like that. I loved it because i stayed on his head at all times.

I like endurance fights the best on top of that. So there's that.
>>
>>385981705
i said from the DS series. BB has its own great bosses
>>
File: 1494140945678.jpg (86KB, 650x581px) Image search: [Google]
1494140945678.jpg
86KB, 650x581px
>>385981691
>"XD HOW MANY ENEMIES CAN U BEAT AT ONCE, DONT GET GANGBANGED" enemy placement
You're seriously retarded if you couldn't handle SotFS forest of the fallen giants or early central yharnam, is it that hard to not aggro every enemy you see?

>incomprehensible story, that regularly just pops up with a message saying what you're supposed to do now with no actual reason given (ex: GO NOW AND FIND THE NIGHTMARE NEWBORN)
aka literally every souls game

>""""""""atmospheric"""""""" """""""soundtrack""""" means you're listening to nothing for 99% of the game
also literally every souls game

>terrible level design
>if I just say something is terrible without anything to support my conjecture then they can't argue back!
>>
>>385981705
my favorite boss but imperfect.
Maria is a far easier fight no doubt but I love it because it feels perfect in its design and execution.
You feel like you're having a well choreographed duel, not every fight has to be a tryhard so hardcore romp.

Ludwig's 2nd stage is a huge let down too, I kind of wish the fight was reversed so it ramped up but I guess that would ruin the reveal. And Kos is obviously magnificent.
Raime is probably my favorite boss in the series though, despite the particular game he happens to exist in.
>>
>>385982178
dude fuck you
>>
DS3 is better. It has problems but as a person who does the game in one playthrough every month or so DS3 is much more enjoyable.

DS2 had some good shit about it though, armor variety, some bosses and all the shit you can do at the start of the game is literally better than any souls game. You can set up a build in the first couple of hours, where compared to other games (I'm looking at you bloodborne) most weapons are only available after you've done everything.
>>
File: leatherhead.jpg (11KB, 400x303px) Image search: [Google]
leatherhead.jpg
11KB, 400x303px
>>385982371
no fuck you leatherhead
>>
>>385977510
>have a friend who is actually high-functioning autistic
>finished DS3 shortly after it released, recommended he give the series a try
>he gets into in a big way
>he played through DS1, Bloodborne, then DS3
>avoided DS2 entirely because of what he read on NeoGAF
>I said just give it a shot, it's not the best but if he loves the series then it's more of the same
>spends the entire time complaining about how its unfair and too difficult and the pacing is wrong and etc.
>he gives up on the game after dying to the Smelter Demon
>despite having literally nothing better to do with his time
>27 years old, lives with his mom, collects disability because he's overweight
>he wants to be a concept artist for a game studio but his art is "talented middle schooler" level
>is depressed that his 4 years getting an associate's degree in graphic design was a waste
>want to stop hanging out with him but he might kill himself
>>
>no build variety due to game mechanics copying bloodborne only fast R1R1R1 weapons are valuable
>poise could fix that, but fuck that, you can wear heavy as fuck armour but still be staggered by smallest pinch in your direction
>no poise makes great weapons way less useful than in previous games
>armour looks boring and samey, so no fashion souls
>magic and miracles are shit which doesn't add to build variety at all
>pyromancy, due to the need to be close to enemy, barely works with fast enemies
>world design is shit, every playthrough you are forced to go the same path every time
>stupid gimmicky bosses (Greatwood, Deacons, Sage to an extent, High Lord Wolnir, second stage of Pontiff, Wyvern, Yorn) though the design of some of them is cool
>boring locations, half of them are cathedrals, also less of them than in previous games
>no power stance, instead we get stupid dual wielding weapons most of which are useless, which again doesn't add to build variety
>all of this seriously hurts replayability is one of the major points of soulslike games
>lore mostly consists of references to DeS or DaS
>>
>>385982520
you really don't want a piece of me, pal
>>
>>385981818
>>385981830
Yeah, the first mimic in sens was alright, it was a good "Gotcha!" moment, but it shouldn't have existed to begin with. Maybe as an enemy, but not as a trap. It became predictable, and led many players to attack every chest they came across. Though I don't know how they would've fixed them. Maybe, randomize their location and give no way to tell if it's a mimic until you open it? It's incredibly cheap, definitely, but aren't that what traps are supposed to be?
>>
>>385982520
I honestly don't know what happens next because I don't watch gay porn for memes.
>>
>>385982526
People get so influenced by what they read online it's not even funny.
>>
>>385982178

>aka literally every souls game

That was the point I was making with my original post, anon. That it's got the same problems as DaS2, but people treat it as being an untouchable masterpiece while shitting on DaS2.

For the record, I find both to be fairly unimpressive. And as for the level design, yes, it's bad in both games. It varies from "hurr durr it's time for the swampy forest part" to "why does killing this boss randomly open this door five miles in the other direction, and why doesn't the game make any notice of that."
>>
>>385977510
this is not how you reshade
>>
File: 1501125806065.jpg (3MB, 2693x2837px) Image search: [Google]
1501125806065.jpg
3MB, 2693x2837px
>>385977915
Actually this.
>>
>>385982632
General /v/ population would benefit from noticing how much they let the internet influence them and cutting that shit out.
>>
File: soulsborne.png (353KB, 518x720px) Image search: [Google]
soulsborne.png
353KB, 518x720px
Yes
>>
>>385982057
being ironic at all times is kind of a new fad though
>>
>>385982929
Honestly not trying to insult you, but you have a weird opinion, especially in the Bloodborne category.
>>
>>385982596
the strength of the mimic in terms of game design was that it was a temptation trap that could be placed literally anywhere with very little room and with no regard for the surrounding environment.
All the designers had to do is place them and they would spawn where they want, job done.

Designing new types of contextual traps and implementing each of them would take a lot more time and therefor money.
Ideally you'd want a variety of traps individually designed that keep players checking everything they do.
They have tried other types of traps throughout the games to be fair but still not many and they're often quite foreseeable or lame.
You'll remark "oh a dart shooter" or "oh a boulder rolled past" not "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS THING WHAT DID I DOOO"
>>
>>385981691
>XD HOW MANY ENEMIES CAN U BEAT AT ONCE, DONT GET GANGBANGED" enemy placement
BB's combat has the tools you need to take on a big group of enemies and the health gain helps with the encounters as well. There's also easy ways to avoid big groups. DaS2 is very slow and requires the most stamina maintenance in the series but still throws 15 enemies at you with no way of avoiding them. Want to try that boss again? Tediously pull every enemy one by one, wasting durability and resources or just run and get fucked at the fog door.
>terrible level design
This is just false. At its worst (Yahargul) it's better than every DaS2 level. Can't speak for the dlc though.
It's the easiest story to understand in the series but I do have a problem with the way its told.
>NPCs are completely forgettable and their questlines feel pointless because a good chunk of them just cut off with "UHHH AND THEN THEY DIED"
Definitely not forgettable. No one forgets Gascan's daughter. No one forgets Alfred bludgeoning the queen to mush. No one forgets helping Eileen with her hunts.
NPCs just dying has been a thing since DeS. It's just how the world is.
>nonexistent difficulty curve, if you get killed by a bag man get ready to waste a lot of time until you realize you can just leave that zone
What? How is this connected? An optional area is a problem having to do with difficulty?
This is the whole series, why are you complaining about this?
>>
I like DS2 better for the sole fact that they actually tried to do some different shit with the game. DSIII is literally Dark Souls 1 over again except worse in every possible way, with iframes that last for a billion fucking years making all the bosses getting designed around characters that can dodge a billion times.
>>
>>385982817
>That it's got the same problems as DaS2,
But it's not just DaS2 that shares this "problem", which only a problem because you don't like it. You don't like this aspect yet are surprised when your opinion differs from others who like the games for it?

> "hurr durr it's time for the swampy forest part"
neither DaS2 or Bloodborne have a forest swamp though, unless you count the puddle in forbidden woods.
>>
>>385983046
>Throws 15 enemies at you at once
It's actually fucking absurd how much this shit is thrown around despite it being completely untrue.
>>
>>385983471
Definitely hyperbolized but it doesn't help that you can pull enemies from very far away.
>>
>>385983471
It happens a lot actually.

But usually there's just some fodder enemies thrown in with normal enemies. and in places like Iron keep there's ways to take cover and take out some of the enemies.

I really don't think there's a problem with the enemy placement, except for the shrine of amara cause that's just a fucking slog every time.
>>
>>385983471

The groups aren't honestly that big, but MANY of them are set up to where if you throw a pebble at one of them, the whole group rushes you down.
>>
>>385983471
The ONLY 2 instances I can think of is in one of the DLC's to fight Blue Smelter Demon. I wouldn't know which one, haven't played through the DLC's yet. Other is right before Smelter demon. Funnily enough, you often hear of people praising that feature in Dark Souls 1, the whole "drawing enemies one by one, fighting them safely" bit, yet when it comes to Dark Souls 2...
>>
>>385984042
I fucking hate that area with the bell ringing spawning infinite ghosts along with a bunch of big fuckers blocking the boss.
>>
>>385979482
its funny because ive actually seen people take the time to argue this many times
BUT THAT DOESNT COUNT RIGHT ANON
>>
it's like saying if dog vomit or horseshit is worse

who gives a fuck, they're easily leaps below Des/Das/BB anyway
>>
>>385982282
Maria is a shame, because it's a boss that was clearly toned the fuck down but was an homage to Virgil from DMC. The way she lumbers about and attacks so seldomly is disappointing.
I wish she had more precise parry timings, more HP, and more aggro. She could have been the best boss in the series by a huge margin, she could have been an upgraded Gherman.
>>
>>385985368
>i-i dont like either!
of course youd pick the safe option you fucking pussy
>>
>>385982170
Sorry man, sorry. I actually think the quality of the DaS3 bosses is superb, and even better overall than BB by a hair, but they just didn't have the high level feels.
>>
>>385986170
I didn't pick the safe option I picked the right one, the same option is DaS3 because of miyazaki dick suckers
>>
>>385981089
>Bloodborne has all of the exact same issues that DaS2 has.
DS 2 plays like shit. Bloodborne feels like orgasm when you play it. Those two games are nowhere near each other in quality.
>>
>>385986374
*safe
>>
File: 1461764112945.png (238KB, 399x333px) Image search: [Google]
1461764112945.png
238KB, 399x333px
>>385977510
Fuck off ENB.
>>
>>385977823
DS2 had arguably the best multiplayer and the largest amount of weapons and armor. That's the one and only reason that it's considered better or less of a letdown.
>>
>>385986406

What's the difference? They're both clunky as fuck. Bloodborne is even way more forgiving, because you can dash 9 times in one stamina bar, parrying is done from a safe distance, and there aren't any shields so your only two playstyle options are "constantly mash dodge" and "use magic."
>>
>>385987124
>They're both clunky as fuck.
Have you played the fucking game? Have you? The difference is like night and day.
Bloodborne was when From had a thought "hey, what if we make a game that plays really well,is fast, smooth and responsive". And then DS 3 was "Now that we know how to make game that plays really well, let's make a Dark Souls that plays really well."
Bloodborne simply feels good to play in a way that Dark Souls 2 fails to do.
>>
>>385978004
No, it has the least amount of variety as far as customizing a character in any souls game. If you like action games BB is great, but best level design and without question world connectivity is probably DaS1.
>>
>>385987435
>bloodborne
>fast, smooth and responsive
holy fuck people actually think this
>>
>>385978004
by anyone with a brain yeah
>>
>>385987435
BB feels better sure, but it's too spammy compared to DeS-DaS2 which just makes it feel more broken.
>>
tfw kinda want to go back to ds3 and make a super niggerish spear of the church build but feel ashamed and fear my steam friends judge me for playing dark souls in 2017
>>
>>385978430
RIP Hugh G Rection. I love your videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYMkVBxcszA
>>
Quick. I need a good laughing Gif.
>>
>>385987037
Bloodborne has the least amount of weapons out of all the Souls games yet almost all of them are unique and satisfying to use.
>>
>>385980202
Ever considered that maybe your taste is trash?
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.