[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>its only gone up in price over the years STOP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: Framemeister-XRGB-mini-Back[1].jpg (2MB, 3810x2250px) Image search: [Google]
Framemeister-XRGB-mini-Back[1].jpg
2MB, 3810x2250px
>its only gone up in price over the years

STOP
>>
Why doesn't someone acknowledge the market for this sort of thing and start making affordable ones? Isn't there a small fortune to be made here?
>>
>>385977602
There is the OSSC at least
>>
>>385978550
My OSSC is getting shipped out in September I'm told
>>
>>385977387

Worth every fucking penny back when it was 220 or whatever.
>>
>>385977387

>playing retro on modern displays

fucking hipster trendster faggots. kill yourselves.
>>
>>385977387
why do you think you need this just curious
>>
>>385980242
My PS2 games look surprisingly good on my 65 inch 4k Samsung TV with that digital clean view on.

You just have to keep the 4:3 aspect ratio in the PS2 settings while using component cables and it will look nice.
>>
>>385980242
No
>>
>>385980242
>modern displays
>hipster
I think you got it the other way around fuck boi.
>>
>>385980903
anyone using RGB/SCART, or an upscaler is a fucking trendie faggot that is responsible for the retro market going to complete shit. kys.
>>
>>385981029
So is using outdated crt technology when you have superior hardware availble.
>>
>>385981029
what do you suggest then? having CRT's like some hipster faggot?
>>
>>385981158
superior in what way? power costs? sure. size? sure. resolution? only because CRT was deprecated for cheaper/more environmentally friendly tech. CRT absolutely provides a superior picture, with the richest blacks, most vibrant colours, and beautiful sharp scanlines that are irreplaceable for video games. Even modern games are enhanced by CRTs. Retro on anything but CRT just butchers the image and looks like shit.
>>
>>385980242
>>385981029
>>385981408

kys retard
>>
>>385981753
t. Framemeister owner

get a crt you trendie faggot
>>
>>385981840

kys retard
>>
>>385977387
What is this and do I want one?
>>
>>385981029
tfw got one when they first came out.
>>
File: component to hdmi.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
component to hdmi.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
Anybody know of a good component to HDMI adapter with no or very little lag? I want to hook my OG Xbox and play some Panzer Dragoon Orta and Brute Force.
>>
asdbsdzb
>>
Framemeister

aka Lagmesiter or Frame-of-lagmeister
>>
>>385981414
there is more to a display than just "does the image look good?" I'm not moving another goddamn CRT in my lifetime. I fucking refuse. They look like shit in a household too, unless you're into bulky/gigantic entertainment centers hogging all the space. I don't even want to think about wall-mounting one. And of course let's not forget that they're fucking expensive.
>>
>>385977602

Not everyone wants to pay for an upscaled game with more input lag.
>>
>>385982624

>crt
>expensive
>>
>>385981929
Yeah, this. Just a component adapter? Isn't that basic?
>>
>>385983194
If you buy one new that does high definition, yeh. If you don't buy one new you're probably lugging around some 10 trillion pound yardsale special or paying $200 to ship a trinitron. Get serious.
>>
>>385983194
They're also tiring to look at
>>
File: mmqfa66q2o1s9a6uco1_400.gif (976KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
mmqfa66q2o1s9a6uco1_400.gif
976KB, 300x225px
>>385977387
thats because its old tech. The company who makes it in japan is in the works building a new one. So dont buy it right now. Wait for the new one. Let the scalpers sit on their own empty pockets.

>>385980242
>>385981029
get a load of this edgy try hard....
>>
>>385977387
The company stopped producing more of these. It's just scalpers buying them and marking up the prices.
>>
>>385983506
I think /r/gaming might be more your speed casual. Gaming requires sacrifice.
>>
>>385983194
They fucking are a lot of the time though. All of the PVMs/BVMs in my area are long since gone and I have to pay premium pricing on them if I want one.

You can occasionally catch a decent deal on a Trinitron here, but those are rare.
>>
>>385983953
Or a fucking brain. You know, whichever.
>>
>>385982247

I have that converter. I use it for my 6th gen systems and Wii and I haven't noticed any lag. I even my 360 at 720p and it seemed fine.
>>
Look, if CRT's were still being made new, I'd get one. But I hate the idea of getting one that's second hand, probably 10+ years old, probably used for thousands of hours, in a state of decay even if not used.
There is nothing wrong with wanting to use old consoles on big new tv's.
>>
>>385977602
Making one as versatile as the framemeister isn't easy.
You can make a line doubler for 240p games with an FPGA + video decoder IC (was part of a group that did this for my senior project in college) without an insane amount of hassle.
We used development boards though so it overall cost way more than just buying a framemeister, layout/routing for that kind of thing is no joke.

But making something that also handles audio, all the bullshit edge cases with games switching signals etc, and also handling every input under the sun AND with all the extra features everyone expects is a ton of work.
Also just in materials alone you're already north of $100. By the time you've got an FPGA + encode/decode ICs + a board large enough in low runs shit starts adding up.
>>
>>385984420
It sucks but it really is your best option if you want to use old console. 20 year old tech matches 20 year old tech. Using a PS4 on a SD television is ridiculous, the reverse also applies.

I know people treat remasters as some crime against humanity but I am all for them, precisely for this reason, if they are more like Perfect Dark HD and less like Silent Hill HD.
>>
https://solarisjapan.com/products/xrgb-mini-framemeister-compact-up-scaler-unit

>$331
>gone up in price
what? it's been around that price for as long as I've known about it
>>
>tfw no 1080p 120hz CRT monitor
>>
>>385983880
Got any evidence of this new tech?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.