[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Overrated Games/Franchises

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: dark cloud 2.jpg (141KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
dark cloud 2.jpg
141KB, 640x908px
Things that just don't hold up...
>>
>Overrated games thread
>Brings up niche titles that not many people heard of
Every fucking time
>>
>>385967206
>Dark Cloud
>niche title
It was a first party Sony release.
>>
>>385966887
>>385967425
Anon, if you asked any random person who's into games about this game they wouldn't know this was even a thing.

Despite being a Sony IP, Sony doesn't do shit with a fuck ton of their non mature series.

I'm not even that anon you responded too, and I agree that its a niche series.
>>
>>385967206
probably means overrated by /v/. /v/ loves dark cloud. i have never seen anyone criticize them much. the only criticism i have is that they are a bit grindy, but the concept of dungeon exploring plus village building is pretty cool and it'd be nice to see more games explore and refine the concept.
>>
>>385967706
I just tried to play Dark Cloud 2 and didn't really enjoy it. It sort of feels like Recettear without the personality and the fun gimmick, and with a lot of cutscenes.
>>
Mass effect, shitty sci-fi trying to capitalize in pseudo rpgs and star wars drones.
>>
>>385967907
what? you must have not played many RPGs because they are almost nothing alike. recettear is almost entirely focused on running a shop, going into dungeons is actually counter productive for the most part. dark cloud is focused on dungeon crawling and town building. how are these two in any way comparable?
>>
>>385968069
>going into dungeons is actually counter productive for the most part
The debt bit is only one half of the game. The other half is going through and figuring out what happened with your dad.
>>
>>385968383
As for how they're comparable, they're both games about going through random dungeons and getting random loot. Except random loot matters in Recettear.

Shit in Dark Cloud is just so, so fucking bland. Everything is bland.
>>
>>385968383
i got burned out on it before i could pay off the debt, i didn't enjoy how random client behavior was and how much it encourages savescumming. also from what i remember the dungeon crawling was very basic, dark cloud has more sophisticated combat.
>>
File: 1443368185575.gif (718KB, 433x344px) Image search: [Google]
1443368185575.gif
718KB, 433x344px
>>385967206
jesus that fucking game, the first one was a good and solid game but then they fucked up with this abortion
>>
Explain your reasoning OP, Dark Cloud 2 is my favorite RPG of all time

>>385967907
how far in did you get? I'll concede it takes fucking forever for the game to get itself going
>>
>>385970154
>how far in did you get?
I reached the third sewer level and realized it was just the first game again, and I didn't like the first game.

The hour of cutscenes didn't help.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.