[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he right, /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 11

File: arhas.jpg (73KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
arhas.jpg
73KB, 900x720px
Was he right, /v/?
>>
>>385964328

I just replayed the entire Warcraft series chronologically. What my prepubescent self failed to realise back then was that the writing was whack as shit from the very beginning.

So no, Arthas was a retard. They all were.
>>
"You don't understand, we have to go back in time and make sure the orcs invade and destroy most of the human kingdoms because otherwise we'll be too WEAK to fight off the devil!"
>>
>>385965265
youre getting your motives mixed up. Kairoz wanted to go back in time to prevent the orcs from drinking the blood of mannoroth and to fight the legion as a united horde, but garrosh kills him right after he takes him to AU draenor because he wants to shape the hordes destiny himself, leading him to open the dark portal and invade with his ideal horde
>>
>allow people to turn into fucking undead and terrorize the rest of the country

>kill a few to save many

Arthas did the only right thing?? Am I taking crazy pills here?
>>
>>385965692
I'm talking about a caverns of time instance involved in the kharazan key quest.
>>
>>385965904

>Banishing the paladins
>Antagonising the only institution specifically equipped to fight undead
>Solo rambo straight into the Lich King's hands despite words of warning from the most powerful human being
>>
Purging Strat was fine but everything else was a bit of an oopsie daisy.
>>
>>385966513
the paladins only experience was fighting orcs which is why the undead and demons completely fucked them. arthas killed uther and two other paladins with nothing but ghouls and meat wagons.
>>
glad you could bake it
>>
>>385967002
i thought paladins were undead-raping machines
>>
>>385967002
>the paladins only experience was fighting orcs

Orcish death knights which wielded undead magic

>ghouls and meat wagons

Early undead campaign progression aside, he also had Frostmourne. At least that's how I justify him cucking Lordaeron + Quel Thalas so easily anyway
>>
>>385967471
orc death knights were just orc necrolytes possessing dead human bodies.
>>
>>385967741

Yea same diff
>>
>>385965265
>cool time dragons that fight the other time dragons over whether history is to be tampered with were just corrupted
>>
>>385968130
time dragons were a fucking mistake
>>
He was a ponyfag. Traded hot blonde mage chick, crown and people who loved him for a fucking horse. Absolute spoiled piece of shit garbage human.
>>
Arthas was such a Chad.
>>
File: ne.png (1MB, 1229x706px) Image search: [Google]
ne.png
1MB, 1229x706px
More importantly, who was in the wrong here?

>yfw you realise Malf basically enabled Arthas to go on his world domination-spree by stopping Illidan's spell
>>
>>385964328
Arthas did nothing wrong, he was just heavily manipulated by Mal'ganis.
>>
>decide to play WC3 campaign because I never touched it in 15 years despite having 4000+ matches in multiplayer
>normal difficulty is insultingly easy
>hard difficulty cranks every enemy unit to 11, gives them infinite resources, and turns AI into relentless targeting machine
Good job Blizzard, its either boredom or inch-an-hour grind
>>
>>385969203
>heavily manipulated
>hey brah want this cool sword? its super cursed
>k
>>
>>385967002
>the paladins only experience was fighting orcs
Is this why paladin skills specifically target undeads? Hurrr
>>
>>385969171
The main issue here is that Illy never fucking tells anyone what he's doing. He didn't tell anyone he was going to be a double agent in the War of the Ancients, leading to people believing he was actually betraying them. He didn't tell anyone he was going to use the Skull to kill Tichondrius, leading his brother to tell him to fuck off for being a demon.
That said, Malf is still a massive dickhole. Illidan just never explains shit
>>
>Try to have serious in-gameplay cutscenes
>Characters are the size of houses
Still funny to me
>>
>>385970446
Mal'ganis didn't say shit about Frostmourne, that was all Muradin
>>
>>385969171
malfurion is the biggest mole in the whole series
>>
>>385970917
how old are you? i honestly want to know. Are you pretty young?
>>
only literal retards think that Arthas did nothing wrong. You could have literally just blockaded the city and let nature take its course and not alienate Uther + the silver hand and terrorize your people in their final moments.

Even with the culling, Stratholme and the rest of Lordaeron STILL ended up being a giant plagued shithole in the end anyway. Showing some reservation, instituting a quarantine and not getting super angsty buttfrustrated and falling into LE EPIN RUSE of the dreadlord faggot = Arthas would have never went to Northrend, never would have found Frostmourne and never would have lost his company of men + Muradin. Lordaeron could have had a better chance that way, but no, he had to act like an edgy teenager.
>>
>>385971684
But what was Arthas' tax policy?
>>
>>385971619
>those immature kids cant immerse in a cartoony video game like superior gentlemen as I

r/gaming is that way
>>
>>385971781
>implying
i still want to know
>>
>>385971862
>>
>>385965142
>prepubescent
did you gather your current thoughts after transition aswell ?
>>
>>385970851
>double agent in the War of the Ancients

Can you elaborate? I remembering reading something about that in the game manual but that was well over 10 years ago
>>
>>385970209
I remember wc3 hard mode being just fine, even that lvl5 where you have to hold out 20 minutes or so (the only lvl that could be considered 'hard' in the campaign, aside from the final NE mission)

no really, if you've played mp that much, you shouldn't have had any issues with it.
i think you're just rusty, because I swear I got through it just fine as a 15 year old.
>>
>>385971684
>suddenly have to fight an entire massive city of undead
>lose countless troops in the process
>beginning of the end of azeroth as one city after another gets overrun by UD, which multiply exponentially.

Frostmourn was the ultimate sacrifice.
>>
>>385972102

Dunno if I'm catching what you're implying friend
>>
>>385973454
He pretended to side with Aszhara in order to sabatoge them from the inside, and learn more about the threat. He also told no one, except Tyrande when she got captured
>>
File: 345[1].png (324KB, 345x500px) Image search: [Google]
345[1].png
324KB, 345x500px
>>385969171
>More importantly, who was in the wrong here?

>>385970851
>Illidan just never explains shit

Illidan's personal issue isn't that he's unwilling to explain his plans (no one will fucking let him, they simply won't listen to him), it's that Illidan is willing to take massive risks to do very hard stop 'good'. He's the sort of guy whom would opt out for immediate amputation first instead of slow-and-steady medication.

Illidan has always been motivated and interested in doing what was right and what was good, he just never concerned himself with the consequences or problems it would cause in the mean time as he marched forward as fast as possible to an end game goal. He's basically that one PC who doesn't give a shit about sidequests or fucking moral choices or story or anything else: he's going to grind, min-max, and he's going to fucking kill the BBEG as soon as fucking possible and be done with it.
>>
>>385974040
It wasn't that big and the threat would consist of slow, unarmoured zombies with no way to attack anything that wasn't in melee range, which would be up against an army that could field mortars and gryphon riders.
>>
File: 1494902768849.gif (3MB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
1494902768849.gif
3MB, 280x280px
>>385972102
>>
File: 1501435601009.png (340KB, 650x1179px) Image search: [Google]
1501435601009.png
340KB, 650x1179px
>some guy starts a wc3 thread
>autistic wow players start running their mouths

fuck offff

>>385969171
Maiev was in that instance. Saving your friends life > revenge, Maiev also wanted malfurion to smash her pussy and wanted tyranda out of the picture. If you think about it all female elves have been cock starved for over 1000 years by the druids so its understandable. Also illidans spell would have destroyed the world and left it like drenor he is ~insane~ after all.
>>
>>385975365
Is that so? I'm pretty sure every body has also been used to create ghouls and abominations.
And of course, bodies are used by the catapults themselves as well.

I would call it an enormous threat!
>>
>>385975538
She didn't want Malf, she just wanted Illidan back to be her fucktoy for another 10k years
>>
>>385975365
>game logic vs story logic
>>
>>385975758
Nah, she wants to jump on Malfurions dick the moment he saves her life with his mountain giant friends.
>>
File: Garithos Was Right.webm (3MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Garithos Was Right.webm
3MB, 1440x900px
as far as Stratholme goes, yes.

after that no.

Now Garithos. now theres a man who was right.
>>
File: 1490390380547.jpg (6KB, 140x228px) Image search: [Google]
1490390380547.jpg
6KB, 140x228px
>>385976408
>>
>Arthas: Shits going down, these guys have an incurable disease that will not only kill them within the hour, but also raise them as corpses. There is no way to stop this
>Uther: NO ARTHAS, WE CAN'T KILL PEOPLE. EVEN IF THEY ARE JUST GOING TO RAISE AS ZOMBIES TO KILL US ANYWAY
Uther was a retard
>>
File: 1286347596095.jpg (143KB, 655x900px) Image search: [Google]
1286347596095.jpg
143KB, 655x900px
>>385975758
If anything she sucked his dick once or something and now is afraid he will tell everyone even though he has no intention of doing so. I imagine it like pic related
>>
File: 1456677705051.jpg (785KB, 2559x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1456677705051.jpg
785KB, 2559x1440px
>>385977380
She wants her property back. She's obsessed with him, demon dick must be potent
>>
>>385977248
No he was semi right, killing those people was wrong for sure especially from the point of view of a man of faith (who gets his prayers answered every time he looks up at the sky fyi). Arthas didnt show him empirical evidence even he just said "trust me senpai" obviously Uther would try everything in his power to save these people

Arthas's point of view is that of the future king so he was making a clear logical decision that would have been fine if he didnt go insane after and chase the dreadlord to northrend. But you could argue that killing all those people is what drove him insane and uther was in teh end right.
>>
>>385977998
If Uther had gotten his way, everyone in Stratholme would have suffered and died a horrible death while they dithered about trying to figure out a way to fix it. At least with Arthas they died quickly and didn't come back afterwards
>>
>>385976348
God bless the Wc3 Editor
>>
>>385978195
Thank you captain hindsight, god bless you
>>
>>385964328
GLAD YOU COULD BAKE IT, UTHER
>>
File: 1449587292892.jpg (9KB, 205x205px) Image search: [Google]
1449587292892.jpg
9KB, 205x205px
>>385964328
Glad you could bake it, Uther.

Watch your tone with me, boy. You may be the waiter, but I'm still your superior as a chef.

As if I could forgetti. Listen, Uther, there's something about the plaguette you should knead. Oh no... It's too late. These peopleroni have all been infectedanana. They may look al dente now, but its a matter of thyme before they turn into the unedible.

What?!

This entire citrella must be peeled.

How can you even cook that? There's got to be some other whey.

Damn it, Umami. As your future chef, I order you to broil this city!

You are not my chef yet, boyardee. Nor would I obey that command if you were!

Then I must consider this an act of seasoning.

Seasoning? Have you sauced your mince, Arthas?!

Have I? Lord Umami, by my right of succession and the sovereignty of my crown of roast pork, I hereby rehydrate you from your commandard and suspenderoni your pepperoni from service.

Arthas, you just can't...

*Ding* It's done! Those of you who have the will to taste this flan, follow me. The rest of you? Get out of my kitchen.

You've just tossed a terrible salad, Arthas.

Jaina?

I'm sorry, Arthas. I can't watch you cook this.
>>
>>385979379
Not even this pasta can save a wc3 thread
>>
>>385964328

Purging the city was the right call the problem is he didn't take the 15 seconds needed to explain that the city is doomed, everything in Northrend was a mistake.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.