[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 2310015-starbound.jpg.png (156KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
2310015-starbound.jpg.png
156KB, 960x960px
What went wrong?
>>
>>385963882
Wrong question

What went right?
>>
>>385964224
Very little. Frackin' Universe is the only way to make the game have any depth whatsoever.
>>
>let's make the same game, but shittier this time
>>
>>385964224
Terarria has more content inside a box than Starbound with it's infinite universe
>>
>>385963882
It has space travel and shit now, it's actually worth going back to. Well if you use mods
>>
>>385963882
Remove the story.

I like how you were just throw into a planet and you just had to survive. Fighting bosses is whatever, and I understand why a story is placed into the game. But it sucks knowing how forced the story is since it's so shitty.
>>
>>385964856
I honestly think that with Starbound the developers created the right context for a much deeper game than Terraria, but they seemed to be determined not to add any depth or complexity to the game, and insist on adding only shallow, unconnected gimmicks.
>>
Here's a reddit post that sums up the game's problem:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starbound/comments/6ljz2u/wordwall_the_issue_i_keep_seeing_with_starbounds/
>>
>>385965576
>reddit
>>
>>385966324
Yeah great contribution to the thread you fucking retard.

The points raised in the reddit post are accurate ones, and the topic is relevant to this thread. Why does anything else matter?
>>
>>385963882

It's a depthless slog filled with bugs.

>>385964224

Absolutely nothing. Why have a survival/crafting game in a big universe if the main plot is going to be linear, indestructible dungeons?
>>
File: 1490581311186.png (124KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
1490581311186.png
124KB, 325x325px
>>385964524
>spend 5 hours locating a specific species of cave mold to process into 20 different materials so you can make a shitty piece of furniture
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.