[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Borderlands actual villain discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: Borderlands-1.jpg (115KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
Borderlands-1.jpg
115KB, 1000x500px
Alright /v/, let's theorize.

Who is the actual villain of the borderlands universe?

Jack? The vault hunters? Someone else?

Haven't seen a thread like this in a while, so I wanted to try it out.
>>
>>385959664
Lilith
>>
>>385959664
the rng
>>
I liked jack but i hope they're done milking him in every game.

Big bad is maybe gonna be aliens. Probably.
>>
>>385959862
She's shitty in Pre-Sequel which is overall a bad game and reeks SJW.
>>
>>385959664
me
>>
>>385959664
Companies, it was Atlas in the first game and Hyperion in the second. I didn't play the shitty fucking pre-sequel so I couldn't tell you about that one.
>>
File: 1838362_0.png (335KB, 540x309px) Image search: [Google]
1838362_0.png
335KB, 540x309px
>>385960420
>addict
>told not to come to bunker
>comes anyway
>roland dies and she gets captured
great character who in no way has caused probably everything that has gone bad after BL1
>>
File: 1485445785214.jpg (42KB, 600x476px) Image search: [Google]
1485445785214.jpg
42KB, 600x476px
>>385959664
Just remember to be thankful you're not the true villain.
>>
>>385959664
Borderlands is a garbage game with garbage humour that relies on loot grinding to sell its games.

Fuck off Randy, please.
>>
>>385961068
>Fuck off Randy, please.
Here we go, OP you cant talk about BL with out randys getting pissed at you
>>
Randy is the badass final boss of borderlands
>>
File: 1378701676561.gif (176KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1378701676561.gif
176KB, 500x333px
I don't understand how people sympathize with Jack when he is pretty explicitly established as wanting to become a North Korea tier dictator and grab all the power he can.
>attempts to rewrite history
>props himself up as glorious leader
>attempts to wipe out every other sign of civilization so everyone is dependent on him
>wants to awaken an ancient evil and use it for his own ends
>runs his own city like a slave colony with robots that kill everyone that doesn't comply
>his city is a copy paste model of a dictator capitol in every way
>usurps a major corporation for his own ends
He's not a sympathetic villain because he wants to wipe out the bandits and lowlifes on Pandora, he wants to do that for his own ends not any sense of justice. Yes his backstory is a little tragic and the vault hunters, especially Lilith, made things worse, but by the time 2 starts he's pretty much cemented as an irredeemable bad guy and needs to fucking die.
>>
File: Hyperion_4N631_close-up.png (365KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hyperion_4N631_close-up.png
365KB, 720x720px
>>385959664
Hyperion were the ones trying to manipulate everything behind the scenes in 1 but Anthony Burch retconned Jack into being the mastermind behind it all.
Then Jack took the spotlight in 2, TPS, and Tales.

I hope we get a new villain up next. Jack would turn into a Blizzard villain if he gets brought back one more time.
>>
The first game had a bit of nuance and there was no real villain, just a somewhat cartoonish example of how greed could fuck up a place. Second game is supposed to be Jack, but the writing's so bad he comes across as more sympathetic than the protagonists. Didn't play pre-sequel, but Tales turns it around and shows that Jack was really the one person at Hyperion who wasn't a completely incompetent jackass, furthering him as a tragic figure. Maybe someone with some wit will get behind the writing of 3 and realize this, but we'll probably get more melodramatic vault hunter shit with no self awareness.
>>
>>385959664
The maddening and manipulative influence of Eridian artifacts.
>Steele was a siren hopped up on Eridium.
>Zarpedon dug too deep and too greedily and broke into an Eridian ruin.
>Jack's descent first involves the destroyer's eye and then having an artifact link directly with his mind.
>Lillith is an Eridium addict and is teetering on the edge of turning into a villian herself.

My head-canon is that Eridium emits some sort of psychic field and is just slowly driving everyone on Pandora insane. Hence the reason there are so many gibbering psychos roaming it's surface.
>>
>>385964238
So it would've been better not to interfere with Jack's plans to destroy this planet?
>>
File: 1494189317790.jpg (125KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1494189317790.jpg
125KB, 768x1024px
>really interested in that Battleborn easter egg for Borderlands 3 warning us not to trust Tannis as she's not what she seems
>also worried that it'll end up being some kind of weird ass pull retcon where she was an Eridian all along or being controlled by them.

Fuck, at least it was Mikey Neumann at the helm of Borderlands 3's story until he left.
>>
>>385965454

Who is this qt?
>>
Anthony Burch and his ilk for injecting a serviceable (not great, but OK) FPS/RPG with SJW bullshit. They had already derailed Torgue by Assault on Dragon Keep, and PS turned Athena into a spaghetti-spilling dyke.
>>
I don't consider 2 canon and never will; the guardian angel is an ai, not some girl with a shitty haircut and daddy issues.

To answer your question, lilith; or big corporations.
>>
>>385962203
I think they're more sympathetic with his pre-sequal appearance; if they try to defend him in 2 they're dummies.
>>
>>385968663
I'm having a hard time feeling sympathy for someone that went from zero to psychopath in less than 24 hours.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.